· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / OTF is Dying??
. 1 . 2 . >>
robertwerner
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 23:53

Has anyone noticed how dead it is anymore?

How promotions have come to a screeching halt just because it's summer?

How the EC doesn't answer emails anymore?

I know I'm not the only one thinking this.

However I feel I must speak my mind...

OTF is dieing because EC doesn't seem to trust to promote people into bigger roles due to the whole "Navi / Ray" thingy.

EC seems to have poofed since it's summer.

I'd love to hear some answers,as would a lot of people...

And I'm not the only one that thinks this, so as the self-proclaimed "Voice of The Voiceless" we the chatters of OTF DEMAND ANSWERS..

quincyw
# Posted: 21 Jun 2013 09:18

It's dead, Jim.

robertwerner
# Posted: 21 Jun 2013 11:05

Seems that way.. =(

david1
# Posted: 21 Jun 2013 20:18

Same story, different year.

Same solution required every year. Otf needs to become more then a chatroom.

Simplz.

soran
# Posted: 22 Jun 2013 02:25

OTF goes through periods like this, sort of OTF's time of the month.. lol Plus A LOT of people just stopped coming because of everyday drama in the chat. I'm sure it will bounce back soon, or at least after the summer is over.

robertwerner
# Posted: 22 Jun 2013 04:46

Well then,hear's to hoping that once summer is over there's plenty of promotions, I know a lot of folks that have been busting tail and are concerned if they'll ever get what they worked for.

I've been told it goes dead over the summer months, it wouldn't be that way if folks would get over past issues with others and just let folks rank up and move up the "OTF-Corporate-Ladder"

The whole mess of "We don't need Departments,just teams" thing drives me nuts too, if this was true,why are teams hitting total road blocks because there's no SMs to push issues to the EC? It's a major gap in command that has to be filled.

I can think of 3 folks offhand that would be great SMs for Communications AND Entertainment.

I can even think of a couple good AMs that would make sure the SMs keep getting the job done =D

In my mind, and I'm sure at least one other person,

the major gap in command is due to grudges or drama between EC,chatters and everywhere in between

And if OTF plans on being around for a long time we need to get past our own personal vendettas against others, past issues with others, and we HAVE to recognize the skills that others have and match it to what OTF *NEEDS* not what "higher ups" or EC *WANTS*

I know at least 4 people that would make decent ISA officers that can't because of a checkered past. I personally think that's a lame response to someone wanted to better themselves and help to assist/protect their fellow chatters.

If someone hasn't had a issue in say (for example) 6mo-1yr that they didn't need to be L1 or L2d then they should have enough good marks to be ISA.

Let's face it, OTF does seem to be dieing. And the lack of enforcement on our own prime directives doesn't help. We need iron-clad ISA Officers who know the rules and stick to them. Not let it slide because "oh that's how so-so always is,just ignore him/her they'll go away". Wrong answer. It should be dealt with, and if certain people can't play nice with others without starting drama or a issue in-chat then they need to leave or be removed.

And let's all face it. We all know the truth of ISA. Iain's a good guy, however let's face the truth,he has A LOT on his plate. (Not even counting ISA *AND* server issues) And poor Kiko is trying to hold her ground honorably when she is the only one left after (let's face it) a scandal covered in controversy and debate. She's a CL4 ISA Officer (the only one left) trying to enforce rules and such with (at max) a L2 Armory. And since she's not a high-leveled ISA Officer or only having a L2 Armory most folks shrug her off.

And we all know Cameron. He's 15 and in multiple, totally different teams because somehow the promotion system is so screwy that he has to bust his chops constantly to even get CL5. He's a kid and shouldn't be worked into the ground like this just for a rank.

I really think that somewhere in the inner-workings of OTF there is a flaw that has to be fixed.

And folks saying nothing gets done because there's no QC anymore? Get a QC. Do a petition. Throw a thread into the MBs. We the OTF Chatters of the world have a voice. Let's use it.

hydralisk
# Posted: 22 Jun 2013 18:59

I can understand your frustrations Robert.

I am curious though, David, what suggestions do you have to move OTF beyond just a chatroom status?

trinity
# Posted: 22 Jun 2013 19:24

I'm not sure how exactly how to respond, so here goes.

>>as anyone noticed how dead it is anymore?

You mean like how it's been for years? Since, it's an oldschool chat and its not facebook? Why, yes. Yes I have. But this has also happened every summer since I was 11.

>>How promotions have come to a screeching halt just because it's summer?

Or how promotions have not really been in full swing for years? And people don't tend to get promoted for work not completed? EG- no promos until the GoT room was released, and no one is getting promoted for a union until a union actually takes place.

>>How the EC doesn't answer emails anymore?
That's right, we don't have full time staff to answer emails because this is no one's full time job. Also, it's summer. and some of these people have kids. This is all someone's pet project, and it'd be great to have people be more involved, but it's not always possible. Give it until the end of summer, it always bounces back.

>>I know I'm not the only one thinking this.
Yes, there have always been people screaming that its ending. And people every year who say it's also the end the world

>>However I feel I must speak my mind...
Rob, when do you NOT speak your mind?

>>OTF is dieing because EC doesn't seem to trust to promote people into bigger
>>roles due to the whole "Navi / Ray" thingy.
Says who? Do you have super secret inside information? How about because not much has happened and nothing has been successfully completed in months? Hell, I'm guilty of this. I'd love for some people to have been promoted with GoT work, but I don't make the decisions. But it's always been the case that people are promoted for completed work, not projects in progress.

>>EC seems to have poofed since it's summer.
With the rest of the chatters? So they're no different? Except...who do you propose to lead us, great one?

>>I'd love to hear some answers,as would a lot of people...
>>And I'm not the only one that thinks this, so as the self-proclaimed
>>"Voice of The Voiceless" we the chatters of OTF DEMAND ANSWERS..
Rob, you don't speak for me This sounds like fear-mongering. I'd be more curious to hear what David has to say about making it more than a chat then just looking for someone to point fingers at. Numbers, you're trying to blame and what--cause a riot? How does this help anything?

>>Well then,hear's to hoping that once summer is over there's plenty of promotions,
>>I know a lot of folks that have been busting tail and are concerned if they'll ever
>>get what they worked for.
Unless something is actually produced, I doubt there will be. I'm assuming this is about unions? I'm sure if the union happens, everyone will be rewarded for their efforts. But OTF has been notorious for projects that don't get finished. *shrugs*

>>I've been told it goes dead over the summer months, it wouldn't be that way if
>>folks would get over past issues with others and just let folks rank up and move
>>up the "OTF-Corporate-Ladder"
Do you include yourself in this?

>>The whole mess of "We don't need Departments,just teams" thing drives me nuts
>>too, if this was true,why are teams hitting total road blocks because there's no
>>SMs to push issues to the EC? It's a major gap in command that has to be filled.
You're making the mistake of thinking that the title of SM holds magical powers. The TL's are essentially the SMs. And they report to people. And if they had magical titles, it wouldn't change anything. The person who has been functioning as the SM of ENT (because he's the head of its only team) isn't pointing fingers at the EC. It's because of the summer months and lack of chatters. This isn't a company. It's not the military. We the people are not lost without leaders. **** gets done. If you find yourself and your team running into roadblocks, you can't blame that on the lack of an SM. Unless this is just conjecture, in which case you're freaking out over a nonissue.

>>I can think of 3 folks offhand that would be great SMs for Communications AND
>>Entertainment.
Right. Because Trivia can't get anything done without someone to hold our hand and tell us what to do? Did you just call your own team incompetent? Because I am taking that personally. Not that I won't be able to "get over it" to work with on on things. But I don't think you can. Because I don't believe you ragging on people in the forums without going to them directly is exactly "working together."

>>I can even think of a couple good AMs that would make sure the SMs keep getting
>>the job done =D

See above.

>>In my mind, and I'm sure at least one other person, the major gap in command is >>due to grudges or drama between EC,chatters and everywhere in between
>>And if OTF plans on being around for a long time we need to get past our own
>>personal vendettas against others, past issues with others, and we HAVE to
>>recognize the skills that others have and match it to what OTF *NEEDS* not what
>>"higher ups" or EC *WANTS*

What is this, the French Revolution? This is not about a monarchy ruling over an oppressed class. It's the internet, Robert. It's a level playing field. We just happen to have a lot of EC members who have a lot going on in their personal lives. Great, maybe we can get more EC members who are more frequent chatters, but I honestly can't think of any who would be super great for the job? We're ALL busy, we're ALL doing stuff. I don't see who can magically do the job to the degree you want, unless we HIRE someone to do something for PAY. Who's going to put in that amount of time without pay?

>>I know at least 4 people that would make decent ISA officers that can't because
>>of a checkered past. I personally think that's a lame response to someone wanted
>>to better themselves and help to assist/protect their fellow chatters.
I actually think we should disband ISA. We didn't have it for a long time. We don't need it. Just everyone who is a senior officer start doing a better job and making determinations about who is actually threatening a family atmosphere, and being more cautious about what we say around minors in the chat, it'd be fine. We don't need ISA. We have enough senior level chatters who have higher armory. We don't need magical titles to make things run. We just all need to man up and do it.

>>If someone hasn't had a issue in say (for example) 6mo-1yr that they didn't need
>>to be L1 or L2d then they should have enough good marks to be ISA.

Again, we don't need ISA.

>>Let's face it, OTF does seem to be dieing. And the lack of enforcement on our
>>own prime directives doesn't help.

Says the man who freely admits to telling sexualized jokes to our chat's only minor.

>>We need iron-clad ISA Officers who know the rules and stick to them. Not let it
>>slide because "oh that's how so-so always is,just ignore him/her they'll go away".
You mean like they do with you?

>>Wrong answer. It should be dealt with, and if certain people can't play nice with
>>others without starting drama or a issue in-chat then they need to leave or be
>>removed.
Which is why I'm going to start LVL2ing you when you make raunchy comments with Cameron in the room.

>>And let's all face it. We all know the truth of ISA. Iain's a good guy, however
>>let's face the truth,he has A LOT on his plate. (Not even counting ISA *AND*
>> server issues) And poor Kiko is trying to hold her ground honorably when she is
>>the only one left after (let's face it) a scandal covered in controversy and debate.
>>She's a CL4 ISA Officer (the only one left) trying to enforce rules and such with
>>(at max) a L2 Armory. And since she's not a high-leveled ISA Officer or only
>>having a L2 Armory most folks shrug her off.

You're right, disband ISA and let us all work together. Rather then trusting in a select few who may or may not be able to handle a situation at any given point in time

>>And we all know Cameron. He's 15 and in multiple, totally different teams
>>because somehow the promotion system is so screwy that he has to bust his
>>chops constantly to even get CL5. He's a kid and shouldn't be worked into the
>>ground like this just for a rank.

You're right. Cam is a valuable chatter with maturity beyond his years. And when one of the projects he's working on gets a successful followthrough, I'm sure he'll be promoted. I've already put in for Cam's promo.

>>I really think that somewhere in the inner-workings of OTF there is a flaw that
>>has to be fixed.
How about no more blogs where people trash other OTF members, Rob?

>>And folks saying nothing gets done because there's no QC anymore? Get a QC.
>>Do a petition. Throw a thread into the MBs. We the OTF Chatters of the world
>>have a voice. Let's use it.

Does no one remember that before Ray we didn't have a QC? Uhm, do don't need one. We dont have any SMs, so you don't need someone to oversee them.

Stop whining and complaining, and think of something constructive. Trin out.

lachesis
# Posted: 22 Jun 2013 19:44

I have very important, vital imformation that may change the course of this conversation, if not your life... THIS IS A CHAT ROOM. It's not real life, promotions don't affect your pay grade, as you're not being paid. There's this big yellow thing that appears in the sky this time of year, and people enjoy looking at it and being outdoors and... you know... having a life. Maybe we should all try it!

robertwerner
# Posted: 22 Jun 2013 20:23

Wow... always an answer to everything huh Laura?

Alright, you want to tear me up and make me look like the blundering idiot here,go ahead.

Like I said,I'm NOT the only person that thinks this, I just seem to be the only one who wants to voice their 2 cents on this.

And a blog trashing others? It's a blog. It's internet, level playing field remember?

Second,who did I trash? I guess I'll have to trash you next to live up to your expectations of trashing others in blogs.

Also the main point of all of this was to voice what SEEMS to be going on. Not to be totally torn up by someone whom thinks she's all that and a bag of chips because she got her promotion and is now above everyone else. Sorry if us lonely minions of the OTF world have a bone to pick.

You want to bring yourself into the light. Fine. Here's what other people think about you.

You got ATL because your with Dave

Trivia has become very awkward and barely running at all since you became ATL

And you used to be friends with a lot of people, got with Dave, and barely talk to no one.

Enjoy having your head in the clouds and nose-up to everyone. You may not realize it. But the people that used to back you up are all ready to see you get knocked on your rear.

Enjoy.

david1
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 00:29

... I thought the reason i got a pay cut in work was because i stopped comming here..... Now my world has been turned upside down.

david1
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 00:37

@robert

Dont snipe.
The world has evolved beyond there need for a mere chatroom, the social connections of this world mean people meet up, make friends and then use the most convenient means to communicate with them.

This isnt like the old days where geeks use to have to hide in their own little worlds, theyre not afraid. They are comfortable making social connections with the people around them.

"Chat room" isnt even a key word people search for there days, people have their social links through the social websites. People search for information on what they enjoy, but they dont stop, or rarely stop at a place to meet people.

david1
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 00:43

@hydra

It all boils down to integration, otf code is old, very old, to start with search engines have evolved beyond the old search requiremnts of this website, the seo standing of this site is poor, there is no use to og tags, tags which bots look for to improve search listings.

But the bigger thing, which could be donee is to turn the site from a chatroom into a "hub", be the place users go to, to get their information on their favorite topics like star trek, starwars, etcetc, it wouldbe an easy addition.

I could go on for days on what imporvements could be made...

Ive tried to help before, but i ended up setting my own community up instead... But thats another story.

cameronjb756
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 04:52

Okay, I'm just gonna post my two cents here.

You're pretty much posting about how in your mind OTF Sucks, Robert I know how mad you get at everything because it's gone down the hill but OTF isn't Facebook it isn't Monitored by Top Security Forces because if it was it would stop OTF being a Unique Website, The Executive Council has a lot on their plate plus real life Issues most of them have kids and jobs and do what they can for OTF, but at the end of the day they are just people.

Promotions will be done eventually, The Execs pick them and constantly talking about them won't help, that's why I don't (Anymore lol).

Stop bringing up Navi and Ray.

EC have lives and kids, and jobs, Summer isn't all that free for them so give them time dude please.

Trinity, That was harsh. I know you feel strongly on this and I do too but come on we all use the same Chatroom and we're all just people

I don't like seeing people that I care about fighting over something like this.

Robert, I haven't noticed anything bad about Trivia, I think Laura did a good job and Hydra gave everyone a chance to throw in their two cents and people we're okay with it, Again: HYDRA AND TRINITY aren't RAY AND NAVI.

I agree with what you're both saying but THIS ISN'T HOW TO DO IT. HAL is gonna get fed up of hearing this and then he will shutdown everything, OTF gets active and people start Squabbling over PROMOTIONS, DEPARTMENTS and the Executive Council.

I'm 14 Years old and I know this isn't the right way to do things.

Also, as for ISA I agree with Laura shut it down.

If I seem slightly mad, I am. I do my work and I never say anything about getting my CL5 Rank is Rank, I get that now.

I do my work because I want to contribute to OTF and help make things better but posting complaints on the Forums instead of in an e-mail makes it look you want attention I know you don't, and you just wanna voice your voice but that's how it looks.

I'm not gonna stay in OTF if my friends are gonna turn on each other

Please people, just stop fighting over this stuff it's not worth it.

hydralisk
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 07:40 · Edited by: hydralisk

Okay, Robert.

First, Laura, while she may have been a little biting in her remarks, has said nothing untrue, and as the Leader of Trivia and former ISAer, I can speak with authority on this.

I am, for all intents and purposes, serving in the capacity as leader of ENT, because Trivia is ENT. Trivia is currently quiet due to the retooling efforts we're making, combined with people being gone! Half our team is on hiatus, and the chat is quiet for the summer, which has happened every summer since I was a kid coming here. It's part of that phase where people who have families are out with them with the warm weather, and it's to be expected. Those of us working here can take this opportunity to hash out ideas. I cannot stress that enough that it is to be expected. We are an entirely volunteer workforce in trivia, so I can't very well order you to not go on vacation. "Real life comes first" has always been the motto that OTF has worked under, and it's no different now. Do not presume that the Executive Council is out to get us, or has my hands tied to function, as this is absolutely not the case. I request help when I need it, and it is promptly given, and furthermore, do not presume to speak for me. Trivia is my team, a team that you're apart of. If you have a problem with how it is being run, you come to me directly, do not air your dirty laundry out in public for all to see, and expect me to react favorably to it, especially if you go after someone on this team. And yeah, I am gonna react extra harshly because you decided to single out my fiance. Trivia isn't quiet because she's ATL, trivia is quiet because the entire chat is quiet. People do have pretty hectic lives beyond this place, and you should know this best considering you've just become a family man apparently.

As for ISA, I absolutely agree that it needs to be shuttered. I feel that it is redundant for most any service we require. At this point, we are off the beaten path, and any problems that come in can be quickly solved, and by and large anytime it is required, additional help can be requested quite easily. And an "Iron-clad Officer" for ISA? That is the absolute worst way to go about policing a place like this. We don't need a brainless automaton following the letter of our "law" without interpreting the spirit of it. The normal senior officers, which include yourself, by the way, should be operating in a method that keeps our chat in its family friendly atmosphere, without resorting to coldly dealing out "justice," especially without considering context. We are a relatively quiet community, and any violations of our prime directives are going to come from existing people primarily. Do you really want to be treating the people you see every day as targets if they inch over that line? I don't want that.

Times have changed. Ths isn't 10 years ago, and OTF is not the bustling place it once was. Our last major overhaul was V2 what....a decade ago? We're an aging ship, in dire need to evolve with the times if we want to survive. Pointing fingers and singling people out is not helping, and certainly not going to fix anything. If you have an idea with how to fix things, by all means speak up. But if you're going to attack people, you are just going to cause more problems.

And who exactly are "the voiceless?" Last I checked, anyone could go to the EC and speak their piece. The only people who are voiceless are the people who chose not to participate and speak up. That is their fault alone, and your opinion may not even reflect theirs. Speak for yourself, and no one else.

-Hydra

aceman_67
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 08:04

I like turtles.

tanneffel
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 08:05

It's important for people to have their feelings heard. We may not like to read it, nor like the drama it creates, but I appreciate that behind it, people are posting and responding because they care about OTF. Apathy would be our death: Rejoice! We are not dying.

The chat is slow because it's summer. This happens every year. Fear not: Winter is coming. Again.

If you have an email you are waiting for a response on, please remind the EC. Believe it or not, we do read emails. We often respond within-EC, just we don't always remember to respond to the original sender. Let us know what you're waiting on, and we'll get back to you.

Cameron did that. He sent us a big proposal for Marketing. We discussed. He reminded us every week, and each time we discussed more. It took a month, but he got his full response, and now he's moving forward on his team.

Promotions: Trinity has the idea of it. She also successfully earned a CL6 promotion by working hard, completing a project, and being a pleasure to work with. Promotions also do not happen every month, not any more. Don't sweat it.

Consider, there are only so many ranks you can rise. If we promote someone for merely working on something, what if it never gets completed? And what about when it is completed, do we promote them a second time?

When looking at promotion recommendations, I need specifics. You can't just be a good guy to get senior promotions. You need to have something to show for it, honest leadership and work completed. A promotion well earned feels good.

For example:
I want to see Cameron promoted.

He wrote all the questions for the X-Men Trivia and Star Trek Trivia, and has expertly hosted 1 and assisted 2 successful trivias in the past two months, that's 3 total. He had good timing on the questions, he was fair in handing out SP's, and posted the results quickly on the Updates board. His questions had a good range from easy to difficult, and left lots of open spaces for joking around on silly points.

While he's not in ISA nor Welcoming Committee, he has been engaging new chatters and helping them out in a friendly way. One such chatter (Quarter-man, doss #22491) seems to be sticking about. He has also done well in calming down the chat during a lamer visit (see attached chatsave), and managed to keep the situation cool as no seniors nor ISA were around.

He has been working hard on the Blue Report. He had 1 article in January, 2 in Feb, 1 in March-April, and in the May edition he had 2 articles and started a comics section. For an example of his work, see "Into Darkness: Explorations of Feminism in a Post-Roddenberry World" in the May 2013 edition, I think it's his best piece yet.

His Marketing campaign has begun. You can now see ads for OTF on "Trekkers United", "Sith Lords Anonymous" and "Queenofdragons.org" (links). He coordinated the efforts of his team to contact the owners of the sites in a professional manner, and all three now show banners made by another team member under his direction. He also organized the "Wookies and Wine" night last weekend to bring old members back and celebrate Wuher's birthday. Rasharra, Monny, Polson, and Shaker came back for a visit, plus 3 old-timers, and much fun was had.

Between his work in Trivia and the Blue Report, and his show of leadership on a successful marketing campaign, I believe he has earned a CL5 promotion. He has also been an outstanding citizen in chat, setting an example for us all.

While the Yearbook isn't yet complete, expect to see more of him in August as he conducts the annual survey and compiles its results. He is also doing the laborious work of coding all the Interviews pages. If he isn't promoted this month, perhaps we can revisit it in August once the Yearbook launches.

Now that's a recommendation. That's what I want to hear. Cameron didn't actually do all those things, but maybe someday I'll get to read his feminist trek theories.

The other stuff: Senior Managers, QC, Trinity and Dave kissing, ISA and misbehaviour in chat. Uh.

There is no QC. There was not always a QC, there will not always be one. Andrew Maxwell originally created the QC position so he and Piraeus could step back and let someone else run the very busy Outpost. These days it is not so busy, not even as busy as when Ray was QC, so the position does not exist at this point in time. It is not empty: It does not exist.

Senior Managers for Communications, Entertainment, and ISA are currently not needed. Team Leaders are running their teams. Team Leaders, if you need something specific, ask the EC. As Laura said, a title does not grant magic powers. One cannot blame any stagnancy on the lack of a Senior Manager. If you want to do a project, do it. Make it so, people.

I do not appreciate personal attacks on members.

ISA, this remains to be discussed on the EC level. If you wish to start the discussion and make your opinion on the matter heard, please send us an email.

And as a reminder: THIS IS A CHAT ROOM. Go outside. See you all in August for the anniversary. If there's any anniversary related stuff that you need EC input on, please let us know.

hydralisk
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 08:19 · Edited by: hydralisk

David,

Yeah, I've heard that we're written in a pretty ancient language by most standards, and as it happens most people don't use this type of socialization anymore. Our core group are the same people that have been here for forever, and we very rarely acquire new people.

The information hub idea is an interesting one. Are we talking about setting up a sort of wiki? I know that there are several sci-fi ones out there already, but perhaps we could start by tailoring it to be OTF specific? I feel that sometimes there are a lot of things that people just fail to pick up on, and the method of navigating our site to find information about what exactly we are is somewhat tedious. This could also include things like....our history, some notable events, people, how the site functions, etc.

I think some of the things most people are worried about are losing our identity as a community if we decide to expand, especially if we go for a much more content driven site.I think we have the opportunity to keep our status as a community, and at the same time, develop more of what we have to offer. The GoT room is a fantastic addition, and an example that we still have the ability to get stuff done, however we need to to more than that if we expect to grow. We need to figure out things that we can do to draw people here, and honestly, having just a chat room is not going to cut it. I think what we have going for us the most right now, is the fact that we have been here so long, that this place is almost historical, and that people often like being apart of things like that. But we need to do more and different things to draw people here.

-Hydra

david1
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 08:45

Quoting: aceman_67
I like turtles.

I hjust had to quote you

david1
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 08:51

David, (Talking to myself?!)

Well an idea i tried to shoot at them before was to generate more content on the website, through news, information, whatever, we have such a large wealth of geeks and nerds, who are bursting to the seems on their favorite topics, and yet the only avenue for them to unleash that stuff is in the chatroom.

Why not have a dedicated news/information manager to handle all this information? somwhere for users to splurge their knowledge.

This will mean when users are searching for that "random thing" it might generate a hit on the website.

It could even be handled in a news form, it could even be trialed by adding a new option into the blue report. We dont even need to make a new tool, the tools are there, it just need to be utilized more efficiently.

hydralisk
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 09:05

News/information handler....are we talking about something reddit-ish?

robertwerner
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 13:20

Okay...

So I think from everyone's input, weather it may seem nice or not, I have the answers I was looking for.

Thanks to everyone for the inputs.

Feel free to continue this thread, I like seeing the boards alive. =)

Who knows maybe I'll see you guys in chat hopefully.

I'm trying to be in there more but the PC Shop can't do their job right, I'm now a daddy of 2, and we're moving soon. So there's even a lot on my plate. lol

Tanya you said basically it was okay to remind the Execs on stuff, I need to send you a email at some point today regarding Unions Website (OTF's, not the one we're making [ that we're revealing in July hint hint keep an eye on the boards for that one] =)

rpmobsession
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 20:08

I'd just like to point out that the real problem here: OTF started dying when AJ left. Lol

But seriously, this is the same complaints, the same "issues" we go through every year and a half to two years. I must admit there are a few new interesting excuses being made for the fact that there is a problem with our management not being Maxwell (when it all boils down...lol). Firstly, summer we slow down? Really? That's new to me....and considering I've been around with much less gaps in active status and chatroom regularity I find that one a little funny. Summer is a typical INCREASE for the room. A great time to get new members (kids out of school/boredom/etc.), but when there aren't many faces in the room to chat with and/or exciting conversations to get involved with....why would a new person stick around? I'm by no means trying to say we need to do anything differently but to use summer being dead as a reason we've died out recently....is just that, I personally feel - an excuse. Secondly, I also find it amusing that there are several people posting "with authority" or seemingly "on behalf" of the EC....that isn't really on the EC, unless Laura is now suddenly on it? (And, if that's so....THEN WE SERIOUSLY NEED TO GET BETTER AT POSTING UPDATES REGARDING CHANGES IN MANAGEMENT LIKE THIS...That's been a problem getting "official" big updates moreso than grapevine gossip.) Not that Laura and Dave can't have an opinion but you attack Numbers for speaking on people's behalf in an agressive tone and turn around and do the same. Again, just amusing. Thirdly, on the ISA discussion, I would like my opinion to be voiced on that matter. I feel getting rid of the ISA in it's entirety would be a serious mistake. We have been MUCH MUCH more dead (around....2010 I think...years blend together) and even then we had AT LEAST an active ISA Director. No real memberS, but someone keeping order. Lee did it for a long time when there were legit less than 20 active members, and he did it well single handedly. If you want to axe team members, go ahead...but to get rid of the idea of a security presence would be flat out dumb and only invite chaos from newbies to old timers. I am also not suggesting Kiko gets ISA Director just because she's the only active member....Senior Officers hold this role for a very good reason. Fourthly, promotions since 2009 have been based solely on fellow peer recommendations to EC via E-mail. They have nothing to do with solely work shown and having a product of your achievement. Sometimes it is just a matter of making an old active chatter feel like they have impacted the chatroom. I mean, you guys say it's just a chatroom....then ranks don't mean anything and haven't. So, why not give a promo before completetion of a project? Can't it just be understood when it is completed (or not if it dies) that it doesn't NEED a promotion then? ....Just a thought. Numbers, if you're upset with lack of promotions, yell at your friends you seem to be speaking on behalf for not sending in an email with your name....not the entire OTF population. Just saying.

And, finally (with it's own paragraph break) let's all not construe the recent past of March...It should never be referred to as a "Navi and Ray" thing. Ray had NOTHING to do with that bs situation and in fact was left out of it due to possible biasm when handling punishment as far as I've been told. If you would like to call it more than what it truly was "The BS Liefest involving Navi's Reputation", then use the appropriate people involved....So, the Navi/Kiko/Hydra thing. Mmk? No need to sling Ray's reputation under a bus because of faulty memories....even though we are so good at flinging names of uninvolved people.

In conclusion, we need to petition to bring back AJ. Commence Facebook harasment now. LOL

trinity
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 20:23 · Edited by: trinity

Yeah. That's me. Everyone knows what a huge chatroom social climber I am, sleeping my way to the top. All those long nights alone with Tanya

Yeah, I'm fine with being in the light. Because I have nothing to hide. You're pissed I got a promo because you spend all your time in chat and didn't get one. Well I'm sure you were up for promotions multiple times, Rob. But doing stuff like this is what's hurting you. Not me.

You can say I got ATL all you want because of my relationship with David. I know it's not true. So run your mouth all you like. The chat has died out due to summer, and it'll pick back up again in August. It always does.

Trivia hasn't been awkward: it hasn't even been. Everyone is busy, we tried to host an event several times and not enough people came, so we rescheduled for later. This is public knowledge.

>>And you used to be friends with a lot of people, got with Dave,
>>and barely talk to no one.

It has a bit more to do with A) summer and B) I'm moving across the country to be with my husband to be. Sorry my RL priorities aren't straight.

>>Enjoy having your head in the clouds and nose-up to everyone.

We all know i'm not tall enough for that

>>You may not realize it. But the people that used to back you up
>>are all ready to see you get knocked on your rear.
>>Enjoy.

You say that, but I honestly don't believe you. If you can actually name one freaking name of someone who "had my back" who doesn't like me now, feel free. But I know you can't produce. You're pissed off and throwing a temper tantrum. And if you want to make an ass of yourself, feel free. Again. I have nothing to hide.

Cam was right about one thing though, I was a bit harsh. So if you'd like to continue this, feel free to PM me.

Candice is also correct : Ray has nothing to do with this, and neither does Navi. Why bring them into this? They're not even here.

andrewjames
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 20:30

Not going to happen! :-)

rpmobsession
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 20:32

Slutface? really Laura.....really? delete that post. either you or someone with ability. wow....

trinity
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 20:38

Edited. Your turn Candy

rpmobsession
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 22:44

Trying hard to find a delete post option on my mobile...not around a computer. And, I can't figure out how to delete it from my phone which is weird....so, can someone assist me in deleting my post from 20:32 with the bad word in it? Thanks! And then this one.....

trekkey
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 23:53

Quoting: rpmobsession
Commence Facebook harasment now

Speaking of which, does the Outpost have an official facebook page? I don't mean a group specifically for existing members, but something new people can find that clearly outlines what OTF is and what it's about.

I'm just thinking at this point if the site itself is so dated that it doesn't show up prominently in search engines then OTF should use other sites to promote itself that can be more easily found. Establishing groups or pages on social media sites might be a good place to start. I think Cameron also has the right idea posting ads elsewhere.

tanneffel
# Posted: 24 Jun 2013 04:57

So... how do you propose I get Maxwell back? The best I can do is getting him to log in at the anniversary.

The EC is currently: HAL and Iain, Brandi, Ohm, and Tanya.

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.039
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0