· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Superman Discussion! WARNING SPOILERS.
cameronjb756
# Posted: 25 Jun 2013 18:10

Shall we discuss?

WARNING: SPOILERS

david1
# Posted: 26 Jun 2013 11:42

It was.... How can i put this.....
"The entire matrix trilogy, condensed into one film"

But indeed if i ignored the fact, superman is in here, its a brilliant film. However, it is a superman film.... And he let 100's of thousand of people die, and he killed someone.

Wtf.

cameronjb756
# Posted: 26 Jun 2013 17:58

I really like how Krypton had more time on Screen and I really liked the Storyline and Effects.

It was kinda bad about how much destruction was caused during it and he could have saved more lives and I was annoyed about he did kill because that doesn't seem like the Superman I grew about with but It was to save lives.

robertwerner
# Posted: 27 Jun 2013 19:25

The main point of Superman was never making the kill play.

When Superman kills, the movie is dead to all people who actually read the comic books and/or watched the EARLY cartoons or movie.

supernova
# Posted: 1 Aug 2013 16:11

I thought there was a huge superman not superman he's the man of steel thing, well i liked the new bio mechanical liquid metal look to the tech on Krypton, the ice look was very auster and very cold,
anyone elses thoughts on that?
as a movie the acting, scripting all worked beautifully I thought, i wasnlt a fan of the dark knight reboot, but i really enjoyed this.

trekkey
# Posted: 2 Aug 2013 20:11

I thought the film's pacing was terrible. They crammed so much into its running time that many scenes start abruptly, seem very condensed and then awkwardly transition into the next scene. It was distracting and I felt like some parts - especially the flashbacks - didn't have enough time to really unfold properly. The film
took a fantastic cast and handled all their material in such a rushed manner that I felt like no one got to give a particularly standout performance.

The special effects were great (watching Superman when he firsts learned to fly was especially breathtaking) but the final battle was so big, over the top and destructive that I found myself really disaffected by it. There was a lot happening but not a lot going on in terms of emotion or tension. It was boring. It also begs the question where do they go from here? A friend of mine said he wanted to see a future Superman film tackle Doomsday... would they have to level two cities then? Three?

Overall I was very underwhelmed. It was not a strong film IMO.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.022
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0