· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Strange Outpost Dreams
tanneffel
# Posted: 16 Oct 2013 16:40

Perhaps I shouldn't chat late at night any more.

Last night, I dreamed that Majin Kaze took on a complete redesign of Outpost10F, high on the fumes of the release of Star Wars 7 in theatre. And I knew nothing about this changeover, since he executed it while I was at the movies seeing the new flick. I went to log in after, and bam, it was all Majinized.

Obviously he would've had help. Someone with server access decided not to tell me they were changing our theme to "Marvel meets Tumblr". The chat rooms had only about 8 avatars available for each. The avatars before were 45x55, but now they were like 300x200, low-resolution and all animated. Instead of selecting individual fonts/sizes/colours, we had 6 themes to choose from which would provide giant, gradient handles. I chose "Tatooine Double Sunrise", while other options were "Moons over Coruscant" and various vague, nerdy references. Most of the options were now written in high-geek (all very correct, I'm sure), so I had no idea what settings I was choosing.

And the OTF Homepage - BAM. POW! KAZAM! Bright primary colours, speech bubbles, diagonal cuts and polka dots. All the headers were single-word action flashes.

It was so very not-OTF, no matter how good it all looked. I knew everyone had worked hard, probably everyone but me since I had no clue about it. Someone clearly thought the giant gradient handles and tumblr avatars were hip and modern. the wave of the future. As was doing away with the chat top entirely, to allow more room for the giant avatars to scroll their animated lulz across the screen.

So ... had any weird Outpost dreams lately?

trinity
# Posted: 16 Oct 2013 20:38

I had a dream that everytime I logged in Hydra logged out...but that's about it

tanneffel
# Posted: 16 Oct 2013 20:44

That sounds frustrating. One of those dreams where you're just trying to do ONE thing and it keeps going wrong, eh?

majin_fett
# Posted: 17 Oct 2013 02:32

Am I that terrifying?

tanneffel
# Posted: 17 Oct 2013 07:47

You sure are. I thought the premise reasonable. It ties together the strong image of comic-book-lover with a recent leadership takeover. The logical next step is animating all the avatars and going comic book style all over.

mohdanni
# Posted: 17 Oct 2013 22:11

I dreamed I was Vic Fontaine when I logged in and everyone ignored me

korny
# Posted: 18 Oct 2013 05:55

A couple days ago I dreamt that I logged in to find everyone had Billy Bob Thornton avatars. It was both confusing and glorious.

7of24
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 15:08

I dreamed once I was 'hal' from 2001 and I kept saying to everyone 'dave, what are you doing dave?'

then seeing a t-600 come in with its fake rubber skin and everyone yelling 'TERMINATOR TERMINATOR'

I knew I should stopping having those late night burritos

ohm
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 08:55

I dreamt that Iain and I had an escalating arms race after an innocent enough session edit resulted in me being turned into Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street.

Even in dreams YOU CANNOT DEFEAT IAIN but I do recall reprogramming the armoury to redirect all fire onto Iain which turned an army of sentinel bots he had launched into the chat against him.

In the end Iain permanently banned me from the chat room and I lived out my days alone on the test server which everyone had apparently forgotten about.

I think I have OTF withdrawl...

tanneffel
# Posted: 27 Oct 2013 02:19

Maybe Ohm will dream up a way to defeat Iain some day. Funny how the laws of the universe don't change in dreams either, eh?

cameron
# Posted: 5 Nov 2013 15:09 · Edited by: cameron

I dreamt that I tookover Trivia, then Majin retired and I am somehow became ENT SM, and then after working my way up to QC, I happily took-over Tanya's job before I defeated Iain and became CiC.

In my Dream I defeated Iain

iain
# Posted: 5 Nov 2013 16:04

What Cameron said: "In my Dream I defeated Iain "

What I heard Cameron say: "I could only defeat Iain in my dreams ".

iain
# Posted: 5 Nov 2013 16:04

Also, Ohm: We need to talk.

mohdanni
# Posted: 6 Nov 2013 21:36

I outsourced all my dreams to SyNii...I simply have no time for dreams

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.026
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0