· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / The Blue Report
. 1 . 2 . >>
polson
# Posted: 16 Jul 2007 20:20

Hey folks!  I'm just thinking, I haven't actually heard any feedback on the blue report from people in some time.  I don't even know if it's being read!  And I'm just thinking about the future here, running out on a limb of my own, what do you guys think about the Blue Report?  What needs to go?  What needs to be added?  What do you like?  What do you hate?  Constructive critizism here, people!  Or you can just tell us how faboo we are.  We're okay with that too.  No wait.  We want to know what the people want.  Well, I want to know.  Well...I may ask to know but I may chose to ignore you.  Okay just tell me what you think.

aussielore
# Posted: 17 Jul 2007 02:53

I love the cartoons! But would it be at all possible to have a bit of colour to them?

aeon
# Posted: 17 Jul 2007 10:56

I want a cartoon about me. :D :(

polson
# Posted: 17 Jul 2007 17:03

Well, it's possible.  However that would take stinking forever.

To color them using the computer would take hours, something to do with pixels or something, I don't know, it won't fill colorwise in bitmap.  Maybe I'm scanning it wrong or whatever, I don't know, but I scan in black and white and that is the nicest looking.  Second, filing would be hard because I draw very whimsically, I don't close all my lines.  I utilize gaps for the placement of the eyes (you'll notice I never draw forheads from the side).  Filling would be a project and a half, even if I could get it to work.

It is possible that I could color in the cartoons by hand.  However this would also take me an unhappy amount of time and the visual quality would drop because I'd have to scan it in color.  The off white paper, shadows from the scanning process, all the little dips and slight pencil marks would show up and I wouldn't be able to edit it (as it stands now, if I make a mistake in pen I simply fix it on the computer).  Also, I do all my lettering on the computer with a font I made myself.  This would look added if I scanned in color instead of black and white.  Frankly, for the sake of color, the whole thing would look terrible.

Alas I am not a professional (yet) and I don't have the usual equipment and methods cartoonists have these days.  I'm limited by my ink, paper, dad's scanner and computer.  I'm lucky I got the font thing going because my writing is so terrible I can't do the lettering by hand.

Long story short, cartoons will stay black and white.

aeon
# Posted: 3 Sep 2007 09:16

I still want a cartoon about me.

christena
# Posted: 20 Sep 2007 20:30

I loved mine.. Darth Sticky Buns rulZ!!!11!!!1111

babel
# Posted: 21 Sep 2007 15:59

I like the cartoons as they are.

And I *loved* the one with me in it

deanna
# Posted: 21 Sep 2007 19:16

I wanna be in a cartoon...someday maybe!

Can I be beautiful? *L*

soka
# Posted: 3 Oct 2007 05:04

The one where Babel wouldn't give up his TARDIS for me?

polson
# Posted: 3 Oct 2007 17:17

I drew that at three in the morning. i couldn't sleep because I was so excited!

aeon
# Posted: 4 Oct 2007 13:41

Quoting: polson
I drew that at three in the morning. i couldn't sleep because I was so excited!

That = The cartoon about me?

And, in that case, it's understandable that you were so excited.

polson
# Posted: 4 Oct 2007 16:08

Aeon, no, no, no, I drew the one about JEREMY in the morning! I haven't drawn you.

majin_fett
# Posted: 4 Oct 2007 21:36

Nor me.

Then again, I think that if I were featured in a comic, the comic's quality would just sink down.

aeon
# Posted: 5 Oct 2007 14:04

Quoting: polson
Aeon, no, no, no, I drew the one about JEREMY in the morning! I haven't drawn you.

I know.

I'm just saying that there still should be a cartoon about me. Whoot whoot! Especially since I'm pestering you with it since 17 Jul 2007 10:56 now. So... yay cartoon of me!

polson
# Posted: 5 Oct 2007 14:46

Aeon, put a picture of yourself in your dossier!!! Half the time when I need an otfer I just scroll through dossiers for people with pictures because people just don't describe themselves well.

aeon
# Posted: 6 Oct 2007 04:46

My description: I'm hot.

Nothing more to add.

Really, ask the others.

Oh, there are four people so far who had a dream of me in which I looked like Alanis Morissette.

And now draw!

polson
# Posted: 6 Oct 2007 08:56

Aeon, I'm not going to hunt for your description! You want in a comic, you give me a description, damn it! Besides, I don't know what Alanis looks like.

dierna
# Posted: 6 Oct 2007 17:52

Being as that I hardly ever chat in the chats anymore and mostly just post on the forums I haven't been paying that much attention to the goings on of OTF. So... WTF is the Blue Report?? From reading the posts in this thread I see that it's a comic and/or cartoon of some sort about OTFers.... what's the addy for it??

bria
# Posted: 7 Oct 2007 08:16

Oh dear. The Blue Report isn't a comic, it's a newsletter which we introduced, what, about a year ago? It includes a comic. As well as interviews, articles, etc. It's released once a month along with the promotions and is announced on the updates board. For anyone who doesn't read those, here's the address:

http://www.outpost10f.com/cgi-bin/blue.pl

Polson is its editor-in-chief, and various other people contribute to it as well.

Hope that helps.

bria
# Posted: 7 Oct 2007 08:18

Oh, and apart from that - I still read the BR. I still love QD's scripts. And all the other stuff, too. I think you're doing a great job, Polson, and I'm glad to see it in such capable hands.

polson
# Posted: 7 Oct 2007 09:35

I love Bria. She taught me everything I know.

And she was the editor before me. *l* So I stand on her legacy. And to be fair, I haven't had my first issue yet. Hobbie does all the work. Yay hobbie! So blame him.

hobbie
# Posted: 7 Oct 2007 12:12

Not so fast now! I only stepped in for a couple of releases, to help the transition, and even then it barely required any work. =(
We have a great team, there's barely any need to coax, blackmail or bribe them into doing what they have to do, in no small part thanks to Svenja and Brady, who've taken turns steering this ship for the past year and a half.

So I suggest giving credit to the entire team, and saving blaming Hobbie for when something goes wrong. *g*
(Reading the BR is a good idea, too. There's always something fun to be found in there.)

bria
# Posted: 7 Oct 2007 12:25

We're blaming you anyway, flyboy. It's tradition. Call it pre-emptive blaming for all the things that may, at some point in the future, go wrong.

Why are we all giving credit to each other now? I mean, in this case, I'd like to thank AJ for stepping down and letting me have his job, Brady for the same reason... in fact, thanks to everyone who I've pushed out of my way on my way to the top.

... anyway. Go read the Blue Report, lads. Even if you didn't know it existed, which is understandable since we so cleverly disguised that fact by monthly announcements on the Updates Board. If this is the case, you have 15 issues to catch up on.

majin_fett
# Posted: 7 Oct 2007 17:46

I probably should actually write that thingy that I said I was going to write for the Blue Report.

Damn you, school and laziness.

ajcardall
# Posted: 8 Oct 2007 08:37

Svenja,

I'll accept repayment in the form of money.

Kthxbye

bria
# Posted: 8 Oct 2007 10:40

I said I'd like to thank you, not repay you. There's a difference.

Pffft.

polson
# Posted: 8 Oct 2007 11:26

We get paid?

bria
# Posted: 8 Oct 2007 12:40

After much haggling, Andrew has managed to secure payment from me in the form of one cent, to be pelted at him at my earliest convenience.

ajcardall
# Posted: 9 Oct 2007 09:16

I want to make a rude remark, but won't

bria
# Posted: 9 Oct 2007 09:19

That's the third time in two days. Are you sure you're not ill? You must be. There must be something wrong. Are you an impostor? A secret agent? You're seeing someone else, aren't you?!

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.039
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0