· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / New Outpost 10F Forums
iain
# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 15:04 · Edited by: iain

Hi everyone!

Welcome to our new, dramatically faster, forums! With luck, you will have seen the new speed difference already.

Please update your links to point to http://forums.outpost10f.com/minibb/ for the OTF Forums.

A few points to note:

- Nothing has been lost -- all forum threads and posts have been migrated to the new system, with great effort.

- Development is ongoing. While the new system is a little rough around the edges, the finishing touches are coming.

- In particular, the forums structures (within which topics may be posted) is undergoing a revamp: many forums were stagnant under the old forums system, and it would be desirable to avoid this in future. When new forums are (re)created, it is possible for old threads to be moved to the new forums, rather than having to remain in "Archives".

Also, please note:

- RSS Feed - I've installed an RSS plugin. The RSS feed for all new posts made is available at http://forums.outpost10f.com/minibb/rss2.php - subscribe using your favourite RSS reader.

- Recently Created / Recently-Replied To Threads View - on the new forums front page. Change the sort order between "Sort by: New topics", and "Sort by: Most recent reply" at your discretion, by clicking the link at the top-right.

- Search - Try out the searching facility! It's fast, and you could even find threads that you'd forgotten about, from years ago.

- Moderators - These privileges will be assigned in the coming weeks. Patience, and please feel free to drop me an email if you'd like.

- HTML is not allowed in the forums, but smileys and "BB code" are - if in doubt, use the buttons to make bold text, for instance!

- You must be signed in (and registered with Outpost 10F) to post to the forums, but anyone may view.

Enjoy! Any questions, you know how to contact me.

~Iain

christena
# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 16:19 · Edited by: christena

oops

christena
# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 16:20

Wow!!!!!! Just wow! so kewl! Thanks Iain!

demonvamp
# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 16:38

Huzzah!

mezoti
# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 17:35

Thank you, honey!

(Tegan got out while I was reading this. I hope you're happy. I take my eyes off him for TWO SECONDS.)

aussielore
# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 19:26

darn good job there...

bont
# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 21:02

Very pretty and all sorts of nice words. Very much so dial-up friendly

~ Brett Norton

lzrman
# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 23:39

What about my post count!

lzrman
# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 23:40

lol!

lzrman
# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 23:51

lzrman
bont
aussielore

dierna
# Posted: 9 Aug 2007 23:54

Oooooh... pwetty.... *presses buttons*

lzrman
# Posted: 10 Aug 2007 00:05 · Edited by: lzrman

Attention! Iain is Kewl

iain
# Posted: 10 Aug 2007 00:34

Thank you all very much, indeed, for your positive feedback! It means a very great deal to me.

Just to send a few specific replies...

At Brandi: Tegan loses. If he were not so cute, I would recommend a pie-based solution. Namely, pie-ifying him.

At Lzrman: Your post count is here!

Thanks again, all - I'm very glad that you like the new software.

~Iain

hongjun
# Posted: 10 Aug 2007 10:30

It is very good!

ayanna
# Posted: 10 Aug 2007 22:24

Nice, Sooo much faster. i didn't have to fight to get to them or post.

*pokes Brandi* New Kitty? or is it a doggy?

iain
# Posted: 11 Aug 2007 05:47

Thanks again for all the positive feedback and comments!

Also, FYI:

Settings tweak: you may now edit/delete your own messages, for 1 day after posting.

~Iain

mezoti
# Posted: 11 Aug 2007 15:28

Tanya, he's a year old this month! He's feisty and I love him.

He also hates Iain.

..I might actually post on this forum system more than a few times! So fast! And the RSS feed is awesome to watch.

ayanna
# Posted: 11 Aug 2007 23:13

Maybe he's afraid Iain will try to wire him to a computer or something similarly, and thats why he hates Iain

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.026
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0