· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Resignation from Outpost10F
sylvius
# Posted: 26 Sep 2007 16:21 · Edited by: sylvius

Hi all

This will be my final posting on this forum as I feel the need to move on from this site.

I've been feeling this way for quite some time and feel OTF doesn't do anything for me any more. Sadly it's not as welcoming as it used to be when I first joined.

I enjoyed most of my time here with the exception of some rather unwelcoming persons (partly the reason for leaving), who I will not mention by name here in fear of the thread being deleted.

I've also made some good friends here who will still be able to contact me by email and MSN (when I want to turn it on)!

I've also attended various Unions (mostly good) and met some persons individually. I'm still up for attending Unions should there be one in the future!

Not much to say except good luck and all the best for the future!

Sylvius

polson
# Posted: 26 Sep 2007 20:40

Aw. Bye Sylvius. We never really spent much time chatting together but I always thought you were a kind fella. Thanks for the time and friendship you've put into this place.

christena
# Posted: 27 Sep 2007 11:18

Bye Sylvius.. You will be missed

*Hugs* Chrissy

demonvamp
# Posted: 27 Sep 2007 12:44

*hugs*

QD

soka
# Posted: 27 Sep 2007 13:52 · Edited by: soka

I'll miss you too, already do as I've seen you so rarely for months

Hope to see you some time again, on msn or mail.

Good luck with everything, Sylv.

Soka

lzrman
# Posted: 27 Sep 2007 14:49

Another good member lost.

We will miss you, I know I will.

Good Luck and Farewell

daeron
# Posted: 28 Sep 2007 08:01

Bye Sylvius! Best of luck!
And as it's been said, you will be missed.

kerr
# Posted: 28 Sep 2007 16:20

Why are people leaving? Even though I never met you, I will miss you, as a experienced member of OTF

majin_fett
# Posted: 28 Sep 2007 16:54

Sorry to see ya go, Sylvius. =(

jedimkypd
# Posted: 29 Sep 2007 11:01

buh-bye Sylvius...OTF won't be the same without you

-KypD

shadow_jedi
# Posted: 30 Sep 2007 04:16

Sylvius! I know I haven't chatted a whole lot lately, either, but yours is a face I will most definitely miss. Good luck in all you do.

-- Shadow

monny
# Posted: 30 Sep 2007 18:09

Hey Sylvius,

I understand your decision to leave. I hope to meet you again at a union in the future.
You were always extremely friendly and polite, 2 qualities that should not be taken for granted. OTF has suffered a loss due to your resignation.

I'm sure we' will meet again at some other sci-fi event in the future.
Laters,
V

navi_greenleaf
# Posted: 2 Oct 2007 09:22

Aww, Sylvius is leaving?

I know I've been MIA for quite some time, but you were one of the first people to make me feel welcome here at OTF. I'll be very sad to see you go. =(

You're loved!

Navi/Jess

kayana
# Posted: 9 Oct 2007 02:01

All the best Syl!!

Kayana

buck_murray
# Posted: 22 Oct 2007 02:24

I am late on this. But is Silvius comes back and reads this, I would like you to know I wish you good luck and a very fond farewell. I met you a few times and I hope it wont be the last time, I know SOME people tend to dissapear for a while but end up returning. Thank you for being a part of one of my greatest adventures which I call My Life, and God bless.

Buck Murray

kady
# Posted: 28 Dec 2007 17:01

Nice. Somehow, the way this post has been written...well, it is apparent that Sylvius never wanted to leave but felt pressured to leave. I realize that I'm only a social worker and am probably overly prone to sappy sentimentalism like the other lot of members who left a message, but my mind continues to race to determine just how politically incorrect it is for a member to post a message such as this and no one here has seemed to take an effort to heal whatever wounds have been inflicted upon poor Sylvius.

Then again, perhaps my observations such as this one is why no one wanted me around.

buck_murray
# Posted: 28 Dec 2007 19:33

I am just supporting my friend's decision. I didn't get the feeling that he was pressured to leave. I understand what he was saying though.

WE MISS YOU SYL!!!!!

majin_fett
# Posted: 7 Apr 2008 18:43 · Edited by: majin_fett

Quoting: kady
Nice. Somehow, the way this post has been written...well, it is apparent that Sylvius never wanted to leave but felt pressured to leave. I realize that I'm only a social worker and am probably overly prone to sappy sentimentalism like the other lot of members who left a message, but my mind continues to race to determine just how politically incorrect it is for a member to post a message such as this and no one here has seemed to take an effort to heal whatever wounds have been inflicted upon poor Sylvius.

Then again, perhaps my observations such as this one is why no one wanted me around.

I just briefly wanted to address this. Have you ever felt that there's nothing that could be said to a person who was leaving to get them to come back? I know I have. Then again, I know that I'm not a normal person.

And hey, I think it would be great if Sylvius kept popping in from time to time like he's been doing. It would just be nice if he didn't feel that he had to disguise himself.

polson
# Posted: 8 Apr 2008 21:18

I left OTF once. Back in 1999. I was so reckless in my youth.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.026
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0