· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Goodbye Everyone
buck_murray
# Posted: 6 Jan 2008 16:26

My fellow shipmates.

It is that time, for me to go on my way. I have had a long tour in OTF, for over 10 years. I feel that I have recieved as much as ever will be able to in the Outpost, along with the pressures of military and married life at home (which is only a small part of it), I feel like I am standing still in a big marathon here at the Outpost, I don't see myself advancing in the ranks or the structure of the Outpost. I have tried and tried, but I didn't try hard enough I suppose.

Everyone has been wonderful and I am greatful for the friendships I have made. It is something I will always treasure because this place has always been my 'cyber-home away from home'. And I know I will always feel that way. I never made it to any unions but I always caught myself dreaming that I was there. Perhaps one day. I also never really got to meet but one person from the Outpost. But everyone is real to me and I thank you all for your kindness and friendship.

I wish to pass on my title of "Lieutenant for Life" to Diane Dragonslayer if she really does want it like she was saying, I believe she was next in line. And Christena, you can hold onto my Lieutenant pips, I trust you with them.

Thanks for the adventure guys. And like I said, I tried my best, in the structure of the Outpost, the ranks, and in the friendships.

*salutes, and places Lieutenant pips on the bar*

(if anyone would like to keep in contact with me via e-mail, it is murraybd@cvn76.navy.mil)

polson
# Posted: 6 Jan 2008 16:41

I'm hurt there wasn't a paragraph on how much you're going to miss me.

Anyway, *salutes back* Buck you know my thoughts regarding you. And to be fair, I almost think it's harder to earn kudos from me than it is from the system. *wink*

buck_murray
# Posted: 6 Jan 2008 17:07

I am sorry Polson. You have been a trooper by my side for a long time now. Thanks for the good times. God bless and I do know the value of your kudos. Thank you.

polson
# Posted: 6 Jan 2008 19:10

Muwahahaha. I went fishing and caught me a trout.

Word, brother! I shall keep the valiant fight alive! Much to Hal's anticipation I'm sure.

ice
# Posted: 7 Jan 2008 05:45

We didnt talk much (even though i been hear nearly as long as u ) but when we did it was a genuine pleasure. Good luck with things in the future & I hope you'll drop back in from time to time even if just to say hey to the masses

dierna
# Posted: 8 Jan 2008 04:36

Buck,

I feel like I've known ya all your life (well...I have for the most part...since you were like 13... ). I know we haven't talked much as late (seem to have passed each other in the halls numerous times...so to speak).... but hey if ya ever get on MSN/Windows Messenger Im always on. (I don't even use ICQ, AIM, or Yahoo anymore....everyone I talk to is on Windows Messenger)

christena
# Posted: 17 Jan 2008 06:10

yer leaving me again....

maxmeieriii
# Posted: 17 Jan 2008 20:31

Buck, I know this comes a few days/weeks late, but it's been more than a pleasure talking to you over the past years. I'm sorry we didn't get to talk together too often, but I do believe you still have my contact information. I'll always be around if you need an ear. Just make sure you stop by every once in a while, eh?

jaden
# Posted: 19 Jan 2008 20:52

Buck.

You've been a great friend, a good poster, and We've definately had great times in OTF. I wish all the best for ya on your future endevours. OTF wont be the same without ya bud. Take care, there'll always be a place waitin for ya when ya get back, even if its just for a short visit.

diane_dragonsayer
# Posted: 31 Jan 2008 22:57

Buck,
I was teasing about the Lieutenant for Life thing.
Don't be a stranger. This place won't ever be the same without you.

I'll Miss you.

~Diane

buck_murray
# Posted: 6 Feb 2008 00:52

Just came back to see what is happening here. Good to see a few replies, my prayers are with you guys. Take care.

I think it will be the same without me, Diane.. I have to help the community first to make an impact on it.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.042
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0