· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Sad Day indeed :(
ayanna
# Posted: 21 Jan 2008 22:45

First i want to thank everyone who gave me their best wishes and prayers, i am sad to report that all 5 of the Yorkie puppies we were trying to save died. We lost the last 2 tonight.

buck_murray
# Posted: 22 Jan 2008 03:45

I'm sorry to hear that Ayanna, i've worked as a veterinary technician and that was never easy for me.

tiamai
# Posted: 22 Jan 2008 06:05

I'm sorry Ayanna. But you tried which is more than others would do.

Hope mum recovers quickly.

david1
# Posted: 22 Jan 2008 07:36

nnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sorry to hear it

XZ

demonvamp
# Posted: 22 Jan 2008 09:57

Aw, Ayanna, I'm sorry

richard_smith
# Posted: 22 Jan 2008 11:17

Sorry to hear of your loss Ayanna. If you need anything let me know.

ayanna
# Posted: 22 Jan 2008 14:58

Thanks all. To be honest, althought it was sad to see them die and to know that they had, but i feel somewhat better this afternoon, not only because they are in a better place but because it's a lot of stress lifted off me. if people see that as selfish i don't care. You go through what i have and you'll see why i say it.

If anyone considers becoming a breeder REALLY Think about it, Especially if your considering breeding small dogs, we found out from U of I that if the Mother suspects that anything is wrong with her pups she will refuse to take care of them. it's her way of protecting herself. It's just sad that they don't have the sort of equipment they need to help save puppies more so.

dierna
# Posted: 22 Jan 2008 16:03

OMG! That's sad! So they were born sick or something *doesn't know the full story*

ayanna
# Posted: 22 Jan 2008 16:15

Dierna and anyone else who wants to know.

They was born a week premature. We had to have the mom go through an Emergency C-section because her fever was spiking fast. We found out that one of the puppies had gotten stuck in the birth canal. IF she had been able to have them naturally they might of survived. We spent almost a week nursing them back to health. Friday night we started losing them one by one, by Sunday evening we only had 2 left, unfortunately because the was premature and not fully developed we lost them all. We did everything from Bottle feeding them, we even tried placing them with another dog that had just had puppies, the mom was willing to take them on but because they was so small they couldn't stay latched on for the feeding. We rushed them to U of I Animal clinic, and we thought they was gonna do okay because they got them tube fed and got them oxgen, but unfortunately they didnt' make it.

dierna
# Posted: 22 Jan 2008 17:19

Oy veh... the poor dears.

I've had those issues with rats. When a rat goes into labour they have just a one hour window. Any kitten (baby rat) born after that hour are generally stillborn.

Well...just think....they've gone beyond the rainbow bridge where they're healthy as they ever were.

tiamai
# Posted: 23 Jan 2008 02:26

You were lucky to save Mum, and you did all you could. Don't feel bad, you still have mum and thats more important.

ayanna
# Posted: 23 Jan 2008 06:14

Yes Mum is doing good. she's back to herself again for the most part. only she has a bit of possesiveness in her now that isn't really healthy. *L* Her and the daddy are doing good. We know she is doing excellent because she has gone back to being all lovey on the daddy. (Don't worry she can't have no more puppies) we had her fixxed because they told us she would probably have to have all her puppies from now on as C-section and we didn't want to put her through that again.

tiamai
# Posted: 23 Jan 2008 08:56

wise choice.

glad to hear she is doing well! and being a little... tramp? again!

christena
# Posted: 23 Jan 2008 17:02

aww Ayannakins.. am so sorry for the loss of the puppies

*huggles*

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.023
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0