· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / So not so funny story...
polson
# Posted: 18 Feb 2008 10:32

Feb 16/17 I worked the night shift and so about 6 am I got up from the couch and went to get a peach from the kitchen, where I promptly passed out and smacked my face right on the floor. I woke up thirty some seconds later, confused as hell and covered in blood! My partner for the night shift had turned on the light and was asking me what happened and it was totally freaky.

Five hours in the ER and several bloody towels later...

Anyway, I am okay, sort of. They don't know why I fainted, even after a miriad of tests, but they got my lip stitched up (five stitches - I cut it deeeeeep) and my eye is swolen and black and my teeth hurt. My face is a mess. And I have a wicked headache.

So yeah, just wanted everybody to know my fun story.

taurik
# Posted: 18 Feb 2008 11:39 · Edited by: taurik

mega ouch. best wishes, though.

K.

kittykat
# Posted: 18 Feb 2008 12:47

Got up too fast and low blood sugar?

polson
# Posted: 18 Feb 2008 13:03

None of the tests confirmed either of those, KK. I eaten only a few hours before hand, and eaten a good sized meal too. I'd been moving around the kitchen for a good minute or two before I went down. So they don't know why. They don't expect it to be happening again any time soon but still. Totally freaky.

christena
# Posted: 18 Feb 2008 18:13

*hugs Pols* I do hope you feel better soon! and take it easy there! You mentioned you were dieting earlier and lost a bunch of weight...and you look fabuuuulousss btw.. but have you went for any periods of time without eating? maybe you don't have enough vitamins and nutrients in ya.. that's what they told me when I would get dizzy or lightheadedbut I would go days without eating. You ain't doin' none of that , are ye?

Take care and stay on the couch!

*hugs*
Cinna

buck_murray
# Posted: 18 Feb 2008 22:23

Glad to hear you're doing good now, you should be better in no time!

polson
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 01:19

Nope I eat regularly! No self starvation for me.

Thanks for the well wishes. Makes a sore battered gimp feel better.

buck_murray
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 02:17

Anything to make you feel better.... even if you are a sore battered gimp. You're the bestest sore battered gimp there is!

ayanna
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 10:30

Ouchie, *hugs a polson* hope all is going better and get well soon.

fat_man
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 13:02

As a guy who has frequented his ER far too many times, I know what you are feeling, You'll get better in no time at all!

dierna
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 13:05

Oh man.. I hope they figure out what happened! Hopefully you'll feel better real quick.

polson
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 18:00

Fats...I dunno...I think I've had 22 ER visits up 'til now. Can you beat that?

fat_man
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 20:31

Pols, not to make it a slanging match but; its well over 22 =(
including 11 different incidents involving a knife being jammed in me somewhere, 18 broken bones and various other smaller things including when i got a a electrical plug that went through my foot, taht was fun but its easily over 22 =(

you'll be fine soon enough!

christena
# Posted: 19 Feb 2008 23:14

Oh yeah? Oh yeahhhh???
well I had a baby! try that sometime! It ain't no day at the park in that hospital room, I tell ya!

j/k

Hope all is well with both of ye's boo boos!

buck_murray
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 05:14

This one time.. I got this real bad paper-cut.. I was in so much pain

polson
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 12:00

Fatman I surrender!!! I'm just so used to having more visits than anybody I know. I mean it was only three months ago that I broke my wrist for the third time. People don't let you live that kind of thing down.

majin_fett
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 12:57

This one time, I went to the emergency room because I dislocated my knee while sitting down in the car. I had to pop my knee back into place myself while sitting in the x-ray room.

Of course, that's not as dramatic as any of your stories, but I had to throw that out.

fat_man
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 15:15

i twisted my ankle one time wearing heels to prove a point, i failed proving the point i might add, i went to hospital to get it sorted, the Dr asked

"how did it happen?"
I replied
"I was playing rugby" =(

kittykat
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 16:40

Ooh ooh ooh! I got knocked down just over a year ago

Admittedly the car was going like 2 miles per hour and the worst thing was I badly chipped my front tooth and I have a permanent black mark on my lip

but you know.....

Ouch

polson
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 18:27

Majin I almost dislocated my shoulder taking off my bra once. I still giggle to imagine that emergancy room conversation. But dislocating your knee while sitting down??? How easy is that??

christena
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 19:55

Quoting: polson
I almost dislocated my shoulder taking off my bra once

what kind of bra you wear Pols?

dierna
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 20:41

I've never been to the emergency room but I've had every brain scan under the sun. Cat Scan, Pet Scan, ect. Plus I've had my blood drawn for tests so much that the nurses know me. "Oh we haven't seen you in a while..." It was real fun when they were trying to figure out why I was having so many headaches....turns out my right eye was bulging out of it's socket....it's gone down a bit thanks to medication but it'll never be "normal" due to me having Grave's Disease (a form of Thyroid disorder).

But still 22 ER visits??? Oy...

korny
# Posted: 20 Feb 2008 20:49 · Edited by: korny

I want a PET scan. Luckily, I'm getting an MRI done next month, which is full of unbelievable yayness.

polson
# Posted: 21 Feb 2008 02:14

It wasn't the kind of bra so much as the location. See I was in a sleeping bag in one of those tiny bunks in a moter home and it just wasn't going very well.

And I've had over 70 x-ray sessions, at more than one x-ray per visit!

bria
# Posted: 21 Feb 2008 10:43

Eeep, that doesn't sound fun! I hope you're okay now!

You might want to watch the blood sugar and the blood pressure. Low blood pressure can be a pain...

Anyway, glad that it wasn't anything TOO bad - could've been worse, right? And I hope you're back to full speed soon!

polson
# Posted: 21 Feb 2008 11:24

Well they checked my blood pressure and blood sugar. I had full blood work, a head CT and an ECG done and they said I was totally normal.

And yeah it could have been a lot worse - if anything had been in my way when I went down I could very well have snapped my neck.

majin_fett
# Posted: 21 Feb 2008 13:02

Quoting: christena
But dislocating your knee while sitting down??? How easy is that??

I just turned my leg the right (wrong) way, and my knee popped out a bit. All I knew was that my leg was in pain, and I couldn't straighten my knee. The rest is history.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.061
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0