· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Spooky's X-files Unexplained Mysteries Chat
shaggy45
# Posted: 13 Apr 2008 10:54

Hello,

Since theres a new x-files movie coming out and i had some free time on my hands, i re-opened "Spooky's X-files Unexplained Mysteries Chat Room". i'm not sure if anyone who use to go there is here now. would be nice to see some of the old people again. anyways, check it out.URL

thanks

david1
# Posted: 14 Apr 2008 11:29 · Edited by: david1

oh my god i had no idea... a new x-files movie.... i feel all excited again

dierna
# Posted: 14 Apr 2008 15:37

Aye. The new X-Files movie will be out in July. I've seen some footage from it and it looks pretty cool. It's been filming for the last 6 months or so up in Vancouver.

It's a stand-alone film as well. And is described as "It’s scary. It’s about Mulder and Scully, very much. It’s about them and their relationship and who they are and it’s a personal and emotional movie too, in a way that the series rarely could be, because we’re not doing 24 episodes - we’re just doing this one standalone movie."

Despite knowing about this film for about a month or so there's still no plot revealed for it.

polson
# Posted: 14 Apr 2008 23:19

The last movie freaked me out. Bees. *shudders*

dierna
# Posted: 16 Apr 2008 18:39 · Edited by: dierna

The X-files film now has a title!! It's called "The X-Files: I Want To Believe"

Due in theaters July 25, the movie will not deal with aliens or the intricate mythology about interaction between humans and extraterrestrials that the show built up over the years, Carter said.

Instead, it casts Mulder and Scully into a stand-alone, earth-bound story aimed at both serious "X-Files" fans and newcomers, he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080416/ap_en_mo/film_ x_files_title_1

ayanna
# Posted: 16 Apr 2008 19:41

shaggy45

ayanna
# Posted: 16 Apr 2008 19:42

oops i dunno how that happened *L* but i went to make a post and it signed me in and then posted *L* weird *smacks her computer* isn't anyone offended that another chat is tryign to steal the few members we have left? *Could of swore their was a no advertisement of other chat policies*

dierna
# Posted: 16 Apr 2008 23:11

Spooky's is a sister chat of OTF. Many OTFers came from there.

polson
# Posted: 17 Apr 2008 02:18

Technically, yeah, it's not allowed to advertise other chat rooms here. However, I think Iain's the only one with moderator power and he probably didn't deem it worth bothering with.

mezoti
# Posted: 17 Apr 2008 11:17

I r ze moderator too!!1!!11!

On a serious note, if I remember my OTF history, Andrew came from Spooky's when he made OTF.

iain
# Posted: 17 Apr 2008 11:19

It's not just me with Moderator access to the forums -- Daecrist (CiC) and Mezoti (ISA Director) have this access too, and some others will likely be gaining it soon.

I had seen this thread, and it was a deliberate decision to leave this post up.

See: Andrew Maxwell's OTF timeline. The origins of OTF itself are in Spooky's. It was the inspiration behind the chatroom. And the first chatters came from advertising Ten Forward in Spooky's.

In a sense, you might say that Spooky's is a cousin of OTF, or possibly even a sister site -- or indeed a parent site. Incestuous relations aside, it would certainly be extremely out of place -- in my opinion -- for us to be removing links to Spooky's, to "stop us losing members". Doubly so since this will likely be of interest to more than a few old old timers.

~Iain

dierna
# Posted: 20 Apr 2008 23:53

Ah so technically Spooky's is mommy of OTF.

Im a mod for the Gosip/news portion of the forums.

polson
# Posted: 21 Apr 2008 13:23

Oh please...PLEASE tell me this isn't the start of taking C-families to a whole new level of insanity...

christena
# Posted: 23 Apr 2008 21:38

I don't see what the big deal is.. everytime I try and enter it.. it won't let me..something about external entrances not allowed or something and I followed the link. Maybe our memebers can't access it like me and stay put*shrugs*

shaggy45
# Posted: 24 Apr 2008 20:17

sorry about the external login bug..it should be fixed now

christena
# Posted: 25 Apr 2008 02:33

Yay! \o/

Thanks!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.022
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0