· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / The very, very, very serius debate about very. very important stuff, more important than OTF V3!
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
majin_fett
# Posted: 2 May 2008 23:20

And thus we have reached the beginning of the end.

lzrman
# Posted: 3 May 2008 00:11

What the hell are you all talking about?!

aeon
# Posted: 3 May 2008 02:21

So, Polson is awesome, and Tia still needs to canoodle me.

dierna
# Posted: 3 May 2008 10:14

Quoting: majin_fett
I love it how a comic book forum can stay on topic better than we can, and they actually seem to have fun doing it.

The TMNT forum has TONS of non TMNT threads... course we also have seperate sub forums for said threads.... So the TMNT portion DOES stay on topic at times....even when the celebs who visit it make a thread that strays somewhat off topic (said celebs are the behind the scenes folk involved with TMNT...even a 4Kids representative recently joined).

Now where was I?? Oh yeah.. you're all nutters.

bria
# Posted: 3 May 2008 13:09

You know what I think? I think you guys all suck at serious discussion, at least a serious discussion that actually develops rather than consists of a few different people just reiterating their points of view. I think you just can't develop arguments, and then some of you get bored and start going on about other stuff while others among you keep doggedly reiterating your own points. Then you both get bored and decide to argue about whether or not threads need to stay on-topic.

And just in case I haven't managed to criticise everyone yet, those of you who do neither of the above are obviously completely unimaginative.

And you all take this stuff waaaaay too seriously.

On a more serious note, every single forums I've ever visited features occasional off-topic posts. The difference between here and there is, generally, that the on-topicers don't go jumping down the throats of the off-topicers or vice versa. These off-topic remarks may be ignored and the argument continued around them. If you want an example, try TheForce.Net. If no one is doing that here, I can only surmise that it's because criticising someone for an off-topic remark is more important than the discussion at hand.

And rising to the bait and getting embroiled in such a debate as this is, of course, the typical mark of someone who is here only to have some fun.

In addition, of course, there are randomness threads and so on for those who actually want random conversations rather than just throwing in an off-topic remark here and there. And a few joking, off-topic remarks are going to occur everywhere and aren't really anything to get excited over. If someone derails your thread, why don't you just get it back on track by posting something new to consider which hasn't been said before instead of just "Can we get back on track" or something?

This is my opinion and I shall now reiterate it until someone derails this topic. Or until I derail it. Should you decide to take offence at this, well, that's your own choice. I know I'm right. I'm an OTFer, I'm always right.

master_chief
# Posted: 3 May 2008 14:27

Quoting: bria
This is my opinion and I shall now reiterate it until someone derails this topic. Or until I derail it. Should you decide to take offence at this, well, that's your own choice. I know I'm right. I'm an OTFer, I'm always right.

I read the entirety of your post... and while I agree with your summation of things in some senses like the inability to bring together proper, fundamentally sound arguments backed up with clear and concise evidence or the fact that people take this somewhat seriously but... if one is going to do something shouldn't they take it seriously? With any decision in life, one has to weigh the pros and cons of that decision and whether your viewpoint has been substantially built by correct, factual, and properly based information. Here, I don't know if that happens... sometimes, people including myself at times, just launch back with 'emotionally' charged arguments and viewpoints. I think for me at least it is something which is an opportunity to grow and change in response to knowing these aspects of our personality.
It is a good thing we're here taking the steps to look at the opportunities which exist at OTF but in order to effectively change things we have to be tolerant of others' views and not totally blinded or continue to take part in tunnel vision without realizing that while me or you may have some ideas... there could be portions of it that are awesome and other parts of it that are just plain stupid... but deeper than that is the notion that contribution, in all its forms, should be approached respectfully and if that person should need to reiterate, in an explanatory manner, then so be it. I think that the key aspect here is to continue to contribute despite whether we are ridiculed or misunderstood. Approaching the topic as if it were a sounding board or small group meeting in which you're just brainstorming is a good way to look at things. Anyway, I'm going back to what I was doing...

christena
# Posted: 3 May 2008 15:33

I thought this was suppose to be a fun thread

bria
# Posted: 3 May 2008 16:22

No no no, it says "very, very, very serious" on the can so that must be what it is.

I'm not actually interested in a proper argument, though. I've said my bit and that's it.

Besides, in order to argue about my opinion, I'd have to take it, and myself, seriously. And I'm far too important to be granting someone as inconsequential as myself any real importance.

majin_fett
# Posted: 4 May 2008 01:02

I think it's imperative that we just go ahead and put this behind us. That's the only thing I can think of.

hobbie
# Posted: 4 May 2008 12:31

I don't like putting things behind me. You never know when they might decide to run after you and kick you in the ass, or stab you in the back.

cellucci2
# Posted: 4 May 2008 12:55

way too serious for me

seems like some crazy people just can't let other crazy people have fun without going all ballistic and serious.

"Girls just wanna have fun"

master_chief
# Posted: 4 May 2008 13:16

coo coo cachew. That's all I have to say about that.

mezoti
# Posted: 4 May 2008 15:24

Choo Shoe.

SPARKLE SPARKLE

Glub glub glub

I'm sick of the terrible things that happen when you two are around!

master_chief
# Posted: 4 May 2008 17:29

*l* wow.

sirhc
# Posted: 4 May 2008 20:01

Majin, what the heck is up with you and those silly green aliens

cellucci2
# Posted: 5 May 2008 12:17

you're all a bunch of weirdos

bria
# Posted: 5 May 2008 16:10

Oho, and I'm sure you're just so much more normal...

cellucci2
# Posted: 5 May 2008 22:49

I am so normal, the voices in my head tell me so.

rpmobsession
# Posted: 5 May 2008 23:13

So, I have brownies. I rock.

master_chief
# Posted: 5 May 2008 23:16

hash brownies? if so, then you rock.

rpmobsession
# Posted: 5 May 2008 23:26

Haha. No. I wish.

bria
# Posted: 6 May 2008 12:48

Mono, you should know better than to listen to them. You can't trust those guys!

cellucci2
# Posted: 9 May 2008 15:36

But Bira, sometimes they actually make sense.

aeon
# Posted: 10 May 2008 10:38

LISA!

*hugs*

Long time no see!

bria
# Posted: 10 May 2008 18:46

Mono, then you OBVIOUSLY have the wrong sense-making lens.

cellucci2
# Posted: 13 May 2008 00:39

Quoting: bria
Mono, then you OBVIOUSLY have the wrong sense-making lens.

Bira, me? Wrong? Neverrrrrrrrr!

Annie!!!

*kisses*

I know, it's been like forever.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.040
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0