· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Poll - 10Th Anniversary Union Dates - Las Vegas 2009
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
demonslayer
# Posted: 24 Jun 2008 19:07 · Edited by: demonslayer

Poll - 10Th Anniversary Union Dates - Las Vegas 2009
As Polls cannot be added, I would like to know if you would like to attend.
A. June 15th - 21st (around the same time as first Union)
B. June 22nd - 28th
C. June 29th - July 5th
D. Can't / Not interested in attending.

I will be updating the WebsiteURL as and when.

I will be collateing the info and putting date on website at beginning of september.

kaela_donos
# Posted: 24 Jun 2008 19:31

I get done with school at the end of may so i won't be back home till early june, so B or C, but to be honest A is just fine!

christena
# Posted: 24 Jun 2008 21:29

I doubt I'll have the money to go. Hope ya'll have fun though!

polson
# Posted: 24 Jun 2008 23:43

What year is this? 2009?

dierna
# Posted: 25 Jun 2008 00:57

Quoting: polson

What year is this? 2009?

Yep... June 2009. 10th annaversary of the first OTF Union.

And hopefully the Star Trek Experience will still be there. Last I heard they were still in contract negotiations to keep it going. :/

A shame Wild Waves isn't there anymore....

fat_man
# Posted: 25 Jun 2008 02:01

is vegas still a mob town and if so do they need hired muscle?

jayneway
# Posted: 25 Jun 2008 13:01

dunno when my finals end, but likely C is best for me.

polson
# Posted: 25 Jun 2008 13:20

A or B, if I were to go. I won't go if it's C, due to that meaning I'd be spending Canada Day in the states. I like my Canadian festivities, I'd be sad to miss them.

mezoti
# Posted: 25 Jun 2008 13:58

I have to do my practicum that summer, get married, graduate university, migrate, and take my cat across the ocean.

I won't be there. =P

polson
# Posted: 25 Jun 2008 22:43

....get married?

cellucci2
# Posted: 25 Jun 2008 23:44

nope, no can do....it all

shadow_jedi
# Posted: 26 Jun 2008 06:07

This seems like it would be a cool Union to attend. Since I live close any of the three time-frames work for me as far as I know right now. Hopefully there will be a good turn-out for this!

dierna
# Posted: 27 Jun 2008 06:30

I can do A easily, I can do B as well if I convince the folks to stop by Vegas for a couple days on our way to Utah....Can't do C cuz Im usually camping in the mountains of Utah that first week of July (won't be this year cuz there's still 2 feet of snow up there and the family decided to go in southern Utah instead...where it's over 100 degrees....frak that man... )

mezoti
# Posted: 28 Jun 2008 03:32

Yes, Polson. Married.

jd
# Posted: 28 Jun 2008 16:11

C would be good for me, depending on my finances at the time, seeing as how I'm an insanely poor uni student.

alane
# Posted: 29 Jun 2008 19:54

Any time is fine for the ZOMBIE....I live in the Utah mountains so only takes a half day for me...( plus I work for Wyndham Resorts so I can stay for free at Wyndhams Grand Desert Resort......)

dierna
# Posted: 30 Jun 2008 02:16

Quoting: alane
Any time is fine for the ZOMBIE....I live in the Utah mountains so only takes a half day for me...( plus I work for Wyndham Resorts so I can stay for free at Wyndhams Grand Desert Resort......)

Great and you could probably hook us all up with discount prices and stuff....right???

harmony
# Posted: 30 Jun 2008 15:31 · Edited by: harmony

I have exams until the 29th of June, although I wont know the exact dates until about a month before. C would be best.

polson
# Posted: 30 Jun 2008 20:30

I'm actually thinking I'm not going to go now, not to Vegas or Dublin. Instead I think I'm going to go to a Stargate convention in Vancouver in April. I love Vancouver and I want to vacation there anyway, so it kind of just works for me. Plus the price tag with the convention plus flights plus accomedation...I can't do more than one of those three things.

Not to mention, at the Stargate convention, I won't know a soul, so it'll be more fun that way. I won't have to talk to anybody or be social.

I say all that to say you can nix my A or B vote.

majin_fett
# Posted: 30 Jun 2008 20:38

I'm actually thinking I'm not going to go now, not to Vegas or Dublin. Instead I think I'm going to go to a Stargate convention in Vancouver in April. I love Vancouver and I want to vacation there anyway, so it kind of just works for me. Plus the price tag with the convention plus flights plus accomedation...I can't do more than one of those three things.

Not to mention, at the Stargate convention, I won't know a soul, so it'll be more fun that way. I won't have to talk to anybody or be social.

I say all that to say you can nix my A or B vote.

That's pretty much waht I did last year, with the Glasgow union. Money and scheduling became a problem, so I went to Star Wars Celebration IV, which was worth it.

rdmg
# Posted: 1 Jul 2008 17:21

A, B, or C sounds good. I would just need to try and get the time off as far in advance as possible.
But one thing to keep in mind, the times you've indicated is usually when the WSOP has their annual poker tournament in Vegas, so I'd check the dates for that as hotels can be hard to come by during the tournament. I checked the WSOP website but they don't have the dates for 2009 up yet.

tommy
# Posted: 2 Jul 2008 16:07

Rachel! *Huge Hugs*.....How are you?

dierna
# Posted: 2 Jul 2008 16:18

I'm actually thinking I'm not going to go now, not to Vegas or Dublin. Instead I think I'm going to go to a Stargate convention in Vancouver in April.

Gatecon is the biggest sci-fi con in the Pacific Northwest along with Sakura Con and Emerald City Comic Con. I would LOVE to go to Gatecon but alas I generally don't have the time or the money....or a passport.

But man with the passing of Don S. Davis it's gonna be major depressing this year (end of August).

daecrist
# Posted: 2 Jul 2008 17:08

I could probably make most of those dates as long as I can convince the wife. Though she probably won't mind if it means going to Vegas.

shakeycat
# Posted: 2 Jul 2008 19:03

Give her a bit of money and send her shopping!

And I am considering it... I am well overdue for a trip to Vegas

Polson, if you can be social for a few hours...

polson
# Posted: 3 Jul 2008 02:39

Tanya - holy, yes! I'm actually going to go there sometime in the coming months as well as Gatecon. I'll let you know.

Dierna - I went to GateCon 2000. It was super awesome.

alane
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 20:52

Damn....I cant get the quote box to work.....Anyhow...
To Quote Polson from earlier......
I probably could get some great deals on rooms at The Grand Desert in Las Vegas....if you guys want me to look into it...let me know...ZOMBIE...

polson
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 00:28

I was quoted in that?

rdmg
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 01:47

*hugs* TOMMY!!!!!
I'm good, how are you?? Email me!

demonslayer
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 22:37

Can anyone think of something we can do now that "Star Trek Experience" will be closed by the time of the Union?

First the Hotel we stayed in 10 years ago is now being pulled down and turned into condo's
The water park has been closed, and replacement not til 2010
Now Star Trek gone

This my first international union to organise is starting to become a knightmare......AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.018
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0