· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Favorite movies/tv shows
majin_fett
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 01:45

Yes, this has probably been done to death, but I'd like to start it back up. Pretty much, ya just say what your favorite movie and/or TV show is, and tell us why. Feel free to discuss the movies and/or TV shows that people list. That way things don't get too derailed and we can still have fun!

For me, my favorite movie is The Empire Strikes Back. I feel that is the best acted of all the SW movies, and the story drew me in more. This, to me, is the movie where Luke really started on his hero quest, learning new things, even though I think he's even more awesome in RotJ. It was the most philosophical (thanks Yoda!). The special effects were phenomenal, especially the asteroid chase. I loved the lightsaber duel in this one, with all the emotion. Lastly, Vader really became the villain. As badass as he was in A New Hope, Tarkin was the main villain of that one. Vader was much more menacing in ESB. I could go on and on, but this is a good start.

And there we go, new thread started!

polson
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 01:54 · Edited by: polson

My favorite show is Stargate SG-1. Surprise!

1. It's hilarious. I love the humor that gets weaved in and out of the dialoge, even in dramatic tense moments. I giggle throughout most episodes.

"Lucy, I'm home!"
"I am not Lucy."
"I know that."

2. I like the drama. There are times it makes me cry. I enjoy shows that evoke an emotional response from me.

3. I love sci fi. It's just fantastic to hear a string of technobabble and actually get it. I might not be a science student, but I do enjoy the scientific aspects of the show (mingled with the fiction, naturally). Honestly; what shows are that awesome that a main character can be killed off 21 times and return to the show by the end of each episode? Anything goes in sci fi! It's awesome! Time travel, atlernate universes, different dimentions! Love it!

4. Awesome cast. Seriously. I've never watched a show where I truly enjoyed EVERY character. SG-1 is awesome. Atlantis is a close second (and got better when they got rid of Ford - ugh what a whiner he was - and not funny like McKay).

majin_fett
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 01:56 · Edited by: majin_fett

What?! Polson likes Stargate SG-1?!

I'll admit that I liked the original movie, but for some reason I couldn't get into the show. Dunno why...

And I wanted to add something about why I like ESB: the love/hate relationship between Han and Leia. In the immortal words of Stan Lee: 'Nuff said.

EDIT: BUT! As much as I complain about SG-1 for some reason, I admit that I'd be willing to give it another chance. There! I said it!

polson
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 02:00

OH MY LANTA, hell has frozen over twice in one week. Everything I thought I knew about the universe has been blown apart, reassembled and blown apart again.

dierna
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 02:07

Quoting: polson
. Everything I thought I knew about the universe has been blown apart, reassembled and blown apart again.

You must have seen Stargate Continuum.

Fave movie: The Land Before Time. This is a fun family friendly film. I cry everytime I watch the scene where Littlefoot's mom died. And with the now knowledge that her husband, Bron, was a deadbeat who didn't really wanna be involved (seriously...watch the 10th movie in the series) it makes it even more sad. Thankfully tho Bron has changed his ways and is now raising Shorty (an orphan he adopted). Still tho Littlefoot has some issues with his dad. Even going as far as telling Sara "At least your dad was around!" in a song as she was whining about her dad and step-mom paying more attention to her little half sister (OMG... Tricia is too adorable). Um er where was I? Oh yes... Land Before Time....

Fave Tv series: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis... hated Stargate Infinity... can't wait for Stargate Universe. I just love the Stargate series. SG1 roxxors and Stargate Atlantis roxxors even more. Daniel's supposed to be in a couple eps of SGA this upcoming season! A shame Sam's gone from SGA....but ah well...

fat_man
# Posted: 4 Jul 2008 02:15

Babylon 5

End of my fave sci-fi show list.

rdmg
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 01:52

Stargate SG-1.
Why? I started watching it in the beginning for one simple reason, Richard Dean Anderson. Need I say anything more?
Now, I watch it becuse I like it (even though the best character has left).

polson
# Posted: 5 Jul 2008 02:54

And Mitchell is FINE.

dierna
# Posted: 6 Jul 2008 01:18

Quoting: rdmg
Now, I watch it becuse I like it (even though the best character has left).

Don't worry. RDA's in the new movie.

And Mitchell is FINE.

But RDA, Teal'c, and Daniel are hot.

polson
# Posted: 6 Jul 2008 01:24

Yes, but Mitchell is FINE.

dierna
# Posted: 8 Jul 2008 10:41

Yes, but Mitchell is FINE.

And so's another relative of his who did stuff with the Stargate....

sweetiepie
# Posted: 10 Aug 2008 22:19

stargate is boring (except for the first movie)

My fav show is Moonlight Hotties, Action, Forrbidden Love,it's got it all
I could stare at Alex O'Loughlin for Hours CBS sucks for cancelling it

Top Ten Shows
1. Moonlight
2. Numb3rs
3. Star Trek (TOS)
4, Ghost Whisperer
5. Greys Anatomy
6. Lost
7. Last Comic Standing
8. House
9. Boston Legal
10. The Flintstones

polson
# Posted: 11 Aug 2008 00:07

*stammers* Stargate is boring? *holds chest* My heart. It's been skewered in two.

david1
# Posted: 11 Aug 2008 02:14

som eone who doesnt like stargate ...

... ... ...

Cries

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.043
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0