· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Blessings that came from the outpost
kaela_donos
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 00:43

People have been complaining and been unhappy about things that have happened here, so her is a post to post all the good things that have happened here recently! (or related to the outpost in some way)

kaela_donos
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 00:45

I talk to someone i meet from the outpost on the phone a few times a month!
I had a week where someone i meet from the outpost stayed with me and it was a blast!

Today i was in the chat room sick and depressed and the craziness that happend there with an "all female room" even though half the people in the room were men, cheered me up!

david1
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 01:43

Hey, no need to feel down. *hugs*

I think this website is going through a transition (OTFv3), its always tough on people, and makes people edgy and impatient, and thus appearing cordial and nasty to others.

Allthough depends on how you define, """unhappy about things that have happened here""", if that applys to people picking on people, then thats bullying, and should be obliterated, full stop.

shakeycat
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 03:15

I loved our ladies tea time today

polson
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 03:44

Good OTF moments over the past few months:

1. Majin and I were reasonable. At the same time.
2. Majin and I agreed on something. Three times in one week.
3. 15% of the time I voiced my opinion, I didn't get in trouble. That's like a record.
4. I was personally encouraged by Jeremy, Jayne and Iain.
5. I started several conversations in RL with the phrase, "In OTF, my Star Trek chat..." just to get a laugh. It worked.
6. OTF stress overruled my RL stress for a brief period of time. I know that sounds bad, especially since I did lose sleep over it and suffered greatly at work the next day, but it was a nice reprieve from my current RL stress.
7. I called a certain someone an ass to his face and didn't get fired. And that person still likes me!
8. I felt respected by my OTF peers, for the most part.
9. I've learned that I'm pretty damn awesome. I mean, I've always suspected, but I've been pretty proud of myself for the way I've handled some of the OTF challenges that have cropped up lately (seeing how 40% of the time I'm usually at core of the challenge, this is actually a very big accomplishment).

hongjun
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 03:46 · Edited by: hongjun

I got to know Polson, CT, JJ , Deanna, Amaris, Toddy, Jon, Glenn his missus, the three andrews, Iain .......................I could go on.

kaela_donos
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 09:47

polson You are pretty darn great!

David1, thanks for the thought hug!

I want to add some more somethings! Well lots more something actually!

i got to make some one feel better about themselves!! I told someone, sometimes i belie in you, sometimes your a bit silly but i have faith in you! There response was a "Really?" and a happy face! And that was great!

Also some one calmed me down too and told me i wasn't going to die because i took 3 sudfied instead of 2. Which strangle was really really nice because i get paranoid about stuff like that! !

I am also thankful for the outpost because it gave me friends that are up at 3am (sometimes because it's 6pm where they are) and so i f i am lonely and i just want to talk to anyone about anything i have some one to do it with! (or that can tell me that i am not going to die)

I am thankful to the outpost because people really do look out for each other here, Isa sometimes has it's problems but they do there best to make the outpost a safe place, and i have found most people here are pretty darn trust worth and have a big heart!

I also come here and i don't feel like a freek!! meet anther dysgraphic here too which is worth soooo much! I am not the weirdest most different person here and the weirdest people here don't win by miles but rather inches and that is way cool!

And otf it gives up a global resource network! I now have talked to, and meet some, people from around the world! THAT IS SOO COOL!

Anywhere ever i am, otf is my home! i don't feel homesick when i come here. it's my personal normal and it goes with me where ever i go! That is one of the most imported parts of the outpost to me! that it's home! it's normal because i have been here for pretty much my adult life now. I was here though a dark depression and i was here when i saw the light again.. so otf = home

Also i am i so glad to see other people who also have good things to say! and that other people have found other great friends (or spouses! )

Okay, just One last comment for this post! My mom was freaked out about this place at first, but i told her and showed her what the Armory was all about, the rank systems and what kind of people this place attracts she felt better! She now has meet two otfers and is existed to hear about meeting others! When i first stumbled across this place i didn't think that would be even possible!

deanna
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 13:11

I have a longgggg list. But I'll narrow for I have to get to work in 20 minutes.

I met my husband with the help of this site.
I met one of my longest (yes over 10 years) and best friends ever in this chat. I miss her But we still keep in touch.
I had an amazing weekend in Las Vegas with many peeps.
I had a great week over Christmas with Tommy and Robby hanging with me.
I had 3 trips to the UK as a direct result of this chat. One of those trips turned out to be a mini union, that turned out to not be so mini, with great guys like Jordi and Tierce showing up from abroad.
I got to go to a wedding up north of a very very special couple (Jon & Toddy)
I don't know....in the great scheme of my life this chatroom has certainly made for some very very special memories

Thanks for the good times.....

mezoti
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 15:56 · Edited by: mezoti

My top three:

1. Going to Europe, alone, at eighteen just because I wanted to. That trip caused my parents to finally see me as an adult.
2. Forming several 'real life' friendships with OTFers (Ray, Mahasin, Craig, HAL, Eagle, etc. Yes I'm missing people but I have to go to work soon. )
3. Getting married, next year, to an OTFer. Which, of course, is the most important of all three. <3 Love you, Iainjoon

char
# Posted: 21 Jul 2008 16:15

I've made some really good 'real life' friends here, I haven't seen any face to face yet, but I hope to.

Jon and toddy - live like an hour away but we're always going in the oposite directions LOL

Newbie Loxley - I miss him like crazy, he never comes any more, but thats what happens when you join the Navy. For thos that remember him, in the past five years, he's had quite a ride, but he's getting married soon, AND having a baby.

There have been other people who have come and gone from otf that i have hoped to have met, but those three are the ones I've really had the strongest conections with.

katrina
# Posted: 26 Jul 2008 00:17

Met my husband! TEN years ago, OMG. And a half. Wow.

Have a baby! A very smart, cute, adorable (although squirmy and into everything) baby.

Got to know all my friendlike peeps, who somehow have managed to remain my friends even if we don't talk all the time. I would list them all but I'd probably forget someone and feel bad about it later.

Kooks, Jats.

Word Challenge.

Discworld.

Toronto. Amsterdam. Edinburgh. Greensboro. Madison Square Garden. (and Irving Plaza, of course)

South Dakota road trip FTW. And the Hoover Museum.

Life is good 'cause of this place.

toddy
# Posted: 28 Jul 2008 03:11

Awww, y'all are making this post-partum mum all weepy. You guys all mean a lot to me too.

Long live the Melon-mobile!

monny
# Posted: 28 Jul 2008 11:47

Ummmmmm

This is really hard.......

Oh yeah I met Henri here

fat_man
# Posted: 28 Jul 2008 16:38

I went to henris birthday party. Which was epic win =)

bria
# Posted: 29 Jul 2008 00:36

OTf gave me a topic and content for my B.A. thesis and I could do all my research at my computer. Win.

Also, I met people here, and some of them even gave me stuff. That's always nice.

And Henri's birthday party = win.

cellucci2
# Posted: 29 Jul 2008 00:53

I've met some really nice people, and some really not nice people

ajcardall
# Posted: 5 Aug 2008 18:28

I have met...

Asim, Michiel and Tin-Dave, who should form a comic troupe.

Iain who made me roll down some hill

Svenja who I did date, and despite troubles, do still hold in high esteem

Ray who is French, and a tolerable Frenchman at that! (Just my Englishness)

Pat who is my thug brother

Jeremy who is a classy gent because he likes cricket!

Polson who still haunts my dreams

Graham who made me laugh with some... bedroom-fun-object in a bar once

Shane and Anthony who are Irish, and therefor win

and Keith, who is an honourary Brit.

And there are more!

majin_fett
# Posted: 5 Aug 2008 20:23

Sadly, you haven't met me, for I am the most awesome Alaskan OTFer there is.

tommy
# Posted: 6 Aug 2008 01:52

Quoting: ajcardall
Graham who made me laugh with some... bedroom-fun-object in a bar once

Tell us more now that pandora's box has been opened!

fat_man
# Posted: 6 Aug 2008 16:25

there are videos on youtube =(

bria
# Posted: 6 Aug 2008 17:30

Maybe we should put THAT on the Unions page.

ajcardall
# Posted: 6 Aug 2008 17:52

I would link, but would be yelled at

However, they're on my YouTube account page. Search for me!

christena
# Posted: 6 Aug 2008 19:24

I feel very blessed to have come across this place of so long ago..

Met so many great peeps here.. some became very strong friendships. I can never replace them nor would I ever want to. Just know that they mean the worls to me.
and I've met a few OTFers myself but no pics.... Or I would have shared them
I hope to meet many more.. alot of friends I have online here..I would love to become more than just "online" friends.. as I'm sure alot of you out there feel the same way, Only time will tell.
but yes.. I feel very blessed here..to have gotten to have known all ye cookoos!

taurik
# Posted: 7 Aug 2008 16:54

OTF was the place where my world famous rants took form and shape and became today my world famous blog.

I've met some really great people from Europe and the UK who have helped to fuel the drive to get back there.

AJ, FM, Michiel, and Tin-Char, who I count as the greatest friends I've never met. These will be the first four OTFers I will meet when i get back over that direction.

Times change, people change, ideals change, and interests change. But the friendships we gain from this place never will.

Chat rooms are all about meeting other people. In this sense, OTF is second to none.

I raise a glass to all my mates from OTF and to another 10 years of OTF continuing to bring people closer together.

darth_balco
# Posted: 8 Aug 2008 15:36

*Raises a glass* Amen to that, brother!

I met a lot of good people in here. And I'm glad that I am still friends with all of those people I've met: Korny, Andrew, Keith, Michiel, Asim, Gates (Though I haven't heard from her in ages), Svenja, Majin, Lee, Chrissy, Jeremy, the list goes on and on.

And it also was a great place to let out my frustration during football season when the Raiders lost...a lot.

But yeah, here's a Bud to all my friends here at OTF!

buck_murray
# Posted: 19 Aug 2008 09:39

Over the course of a decade and then some, I have met hundreds of friends, and some VERY good friends. I met Tommy, Robby, Andrew Maxwell, Robert and Honey Fox, Smile, Deanna, Christena, Khaz, Yala J. Brooks.... And tons more. I grew up here. Started chatting when I was 15-ish. Now that I am almost 26 I can say that even though I have had a lot of problems with OTF, it is a home for me.

So stop your whining!!!! And sit your butt down at the bar and buy me a root beer!

polson
# Posted: 19 Aug 2008 15:38

Buck!

smile
# Posted: 19 Aug 2008 18:15

I love my and Kook and Buckeroo.
But I want to see and Kook Jr.

lzrman
# Posted: 20 Aug 2008 07:59

I miss kooki where has she been?

fat_man
# Posted: 20 Aug 2008 20:25

you do know that Kook Jr has nothing to do with Kooki at all don't you? =\

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.024
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0