· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Risk (board game)
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
ohm
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 06:26

I was wondering how many people out there like playing Risk, or games based on it? Perhaps if there is sufficient interest a little Outpost10f Risk tornament could be setup which I'd be more than happy to initiate.

If nothing else it might be nice to play a few games with people you know!

shakeycat
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 06:27

I love Risk! But I always lose.

lzrman
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 07:41

I'm in !

I Risk You Ohm

Are we playing secret mission?

ohm
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 09:05

Tanya~ We could play doubles to ensure an even playing field! Even triples if the numbers are with us.

Lzrman~ Secret mission's wouldn't really be an option (except for assassin style secret missions where each player is assigned a secret target). This is largely due to the fact that most free online playing sites only catour for the simpler style of games. That said there is some room for variation.

Basically, for those interested there's two (perhaps 3) ways in which this could work.

1 - Playing online through a free Risk game site (i.e. Conquer Club).
2 - Old school email system with a moderator keeping notes and updating game images.
3 - I, or someone, goes crazy and codes up our own Risk like online game and we play it via the Outpost.

Option 3 is really only an option if there's enough interested to justify the time spent on it. In the mean time there's option 1 and 2!

ryo_crimson
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 13:03

I always said the most fun part of Risk was that it turned best friends against each other. So a chance at doing so with OTF comrades? Why not! Regardless, thanks for the site, I'll probably be playing that now, regardless.

polson
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 14:00

I really like Risk. I play LOTR Risk all the time. Except no one will play with me so I play both sides. It's actually quite spectacular to watch.

lzrman
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 18:28

So we have 5 players, Iain ! start coding *l*

ohm
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 22:19

Well at the risk *snikkers* of preempting people how about we make a start on this! If it turns out maybe we can even setup a little team to play risk and record rankings etc. Otherwise there's just playing for fun to.

Ok, I vote all interested people create an account with Conquer Club above and take a look at the maps available, and perhaps skim through the modes of play available. To try and keep it Risk like I'll be moving for sequential style games. I'm not a big fan of using cards for reinforcments, but that's because I have bad luck with cards more than anything.

Which map should we play our first game on? I love World 2.1 for games with more than 4 players, but there is also the Classic World map which is good to play with. There's a Middle Earth map as well, and if it means Polson plays then we can kick off with that map!

jd
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 23:25

I'm down, even though I'm terrible at the game.

polson
# Posted: 14 Aug 2008 00:53

There's a middle earth map??? I'm in! I'll play any map actually.

ohm
# Posted: 14 Aug 2008 09:01

So, the players in OTF's first Risk tornament thus far are:

ohm
Lzrman
Ryo
Polson
JD

Possibly shakeycat to? Get your bid in now as I plan to get the first game started by the start of next week.

hobbie
# Posted: 14 Aug 2008 13:46

Count me in too!

I usually get really bad dice scores. Hopefully I'll be luckier online.

shakeycat
# Posted: 14 Aug 2008 15:01

Did you count me out because I said I always lose?

YES ME.

But why Conquer Club? It's so slooooow. It'll take a week to finish a game! I had another one I liked better, but forget where it is

fat_man
# Posted: 14 Aug 2008 21:15

who need to code it?

there is open source risk found on sourceforge

ohm
# Posted: 15 Aug 2008 01:02

Well you can have real time games with CC, as long as all the players are online. The problem with an international community is I'll usually be asleap while the majority of OTF's will be busy with their lives.

So yes, the games will be slower (each player will be given 24 hours to take their turn) but at least everyone will get a shot at it right?

wedge
# Posted: 15 Aug 2008 03:02

oh, i would >love< to play.

shakeycat
# Posted: 15 Aug 2008 17:09

Can I be on Wedge's team? he sounds good.

lzrman
# Posted: 16 Aug 2008 04:57

We could have a ladder and do 1 vs 1 all the way to the top and put people who are in the same ZONE of Time matching against each other.

Myself and Tanya
Polson and Ryo
Ohm and Hobbie

etc.............

ohm
# Posted: 20 Aug 2008 02:14

I've setup an 8 player doubles game on conquer club, just as a taster game before we get stuck into a tornament. After the game some might not like the style of play and thus there would be no reason for a tornament.

So consider it a qualifying round, if you will. Those interested send me an email and I'll forward the game details.

lucient
# Posted: 20 Aug 2008 04:31

I know for a fact, if Krillen and I can find the time, we would be in for it. I don't know if they have it online, but I know there is a 4 person Lord of the Rings risk which is much more difficult depending under which variant of the game you play. There are two evil players and two good players...you can either play on your own or as a team.

lzrman
# Posted: 20 Aug 2008 08:09

Ohm, you have email.........

lzrman
# Posted: 21 Aug 2008 19:13

I just tried it out and I think this version is dumb, I don't get it *l*
but will give it a try.

ohm
# Posted: 26 Aug 2008 07:27

So far we have Polson, Hobbie, Shakeycat, Luc, Lzrman and myself. There are two spots remaining people!

JD, Wedge, Ryo, or any one else for that matter that's interest please send me an email, or contact one of the other players for details.

lzrman
# Posted: 27 Aug 2008 08:15

we have Ryo and Cynara the game has started !!!!!!!

Remember to frequently check your email to see when it's your turn

polson
# Posted: 1 Sep 2008 17:40

For the record Ohm, you've ruinined mine and Hobbie's lives. We're obessed. *l*

ohm
# Posted: 2 Sep 2008 01:52

Obviously with good effect, as you two are dominating the current game! You two are banned from playing together from hence forth!

polson
# Posted: 2 Sep 2008 02:08

But Polbie > anything. You can't split us up! Our dominating of the universe and subsequent bringing of the apocolypse was meant to be!

We also both have memberships now. *l*

lzrman
# Posted: 7 Sep 2008 03:54

Ohm, can you start up a second game to help w/ the down time and get some more people playin?

polson
# Posted: 7 Sep 2008 04:18

I've started some new OTFer games. First come first served, anyone can join. The passwords to them all are "polbie"

lzrman
# Posted: 7 Sep 2008 04:32

Yipppie!!

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.054
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0