· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Secret Non-Denominational Gift Giving Event!
jd
# Posted: 7 Oct 2008 02:18

I was thinking about trying to setup a secret santa type deal for this Christmas. We've been doing it for four or five years at another site I go to, and I thought I may go over here pretty well. What say you, OTF?

christena
# Posted: 7 Oct 2008 03:01

That sounds like fun!

lzrman
# Posted: 7 Oct 2008 06:01

Lets do it!

skevington
# Posted: 7 Oct 2008 10:24

Sorry if I am being dense, but how would that work for an online community?

Dmitri

master_chief
# Posted: 7 Oct 2008 12:11

Quoting: skevington

greeting cards?lol

jd
# Posted: 7 Oct 2008 16:07

The way we've always done it, is just exactly like the ones most people do at the office, just instead of getting together in one place physically and exchanging gifts, we just ship them.

majin_fett
# Posted: 7 Oct 2008 16:09 · Edited by: majin_fett

Quoting: skevington

See, there's this thing called "email". You set up a new email account, not using your real name. Something like that.

jd
# Posted: 7 Oct 2008 16:43 · Edited by: jd

The main idea would be that people that wanted to sign up would send in their name and postal address to one person, and they would input everyone in a random assignment program, then email back out the results. Just usually whoever coordinated everything wouldn't be able to directly participate, barring some exceptions.

lzrman
# Posted: 8 Oct 2008 06:08

I don't like it

majin_fett
# Posted: 8 Oct 2008 16:01

Then you wouldn't have to take part in it...?

shakeycat
# Posted: 8 Oct 2008 16:32

I like it. Surprises are fun.

fat_man
# Posted: 8 Oct 2008 18:56

i'm not giving out my home address to randoms on the internets.
Except maybe Majin i like him.

jd
# Posted: 9 Oct 2008 03:50

Depending on the size of the group, I wouldn't really be able to directly participate, unless we had someone bail or whatever. It's not really a secret if I know who everyone has, etc.

Some people use their work addresses, with...mixed results. *l* But there would be a some filtering on who could enter, based on age or registration date or what have you.

shoes
# Posted: 10 Oct 2008 15:23

Awww sounds quaint! But what if I got a person I don't even know? I suppose that means I could get rid of all the Xmas crap that's been lying in my wardrobe for the last year, right?

jd
# Posted: 11 Oct 2008 02:02

Kinda! Admittedly, hunting down habits and such of people can be difficult...*l*

eagle
# Posted: 14 Oct 2008 18:58

Quoting: shoes
Awww sounds quaint! But what if I got a person I don't even know?

In that case, you should mail stuff* to me! =D

*Or yourself..

polson
# Posted: 14 Oct 2008 22:40

I am really bad at mailing stuff.

jd
# Posted: 15 Oct 2008 02:16

This is true.

christena
# Posted: 15 Oct 2008 17:20

don't you still owe JD smarties Pols?

polson
# Posted: 15 Oct 2008 19:46

They're sitting on my shelf.

bria
# Posted: 15 Oct 2008 20:18

Sounds like it could be fun. I have no real issues with giving out my address, since it's vague enough that we're doomed if the current postman ever retires.

Also, I'm not a creepy stalker person, mostly because I'm too poor and lazy to bother trying.

jd
# Posted: 16 Oct 2008 07:26

If anyone ever did the required legwork and research it'd take to stalk me, I'd be confused and oddly flattered.

katrina
# Posted: 16 Oct 2008 14:28 · Edited by: katrina

I've totally posted my address in chat...many many times. Like there's anyone who cares enough to want to know what it is besides the person asking?

So I don't really think giving out home addresses is a problem.

I'd totally go for it.

majin_fett
# Posted: 16 Oct 2008 16:29

I don't think anyone here would really want to take the time to stalk me, as I live so far away from everyone.

jd
# Posted: 16 Oct 2008 21:57

Sounds good to me. I'll probably setup the accounts and start signups..uh..Monday.

jd
# Posted: 27 Oct 2008 23:40

Okay, the time is now! Anyone interested in signing up, send your username/real name, and postal address to OTFChristmas@gmail.com

deanna
# Posted: 17 Nov 2008 16:53

I'll give anyone my address that wants to send me presents Have fun gang, but I'm a poor unemployed living off Craig loser right now, so I can't play back...but wow this totally tops our Secret Santa that we had years and years and years ago!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.022
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0