# Posted: 2 Nov 2008 11:55

Vote or die.

McCain for President! \/

demonvamp
# Posted: 2 Nov 2008 17:51

*dies*

bria
# Posted: 2 Nov 2008 18:41

No one ever makes a fuss about our president.

korny
# Posted: 2 Nov 2008 18:51

I already voted. And anyone who even pays attention to my rantings, knows who I voted for.

polson
# Posted: 2 Nov 2008 20:03

In Canada it's considered rude to ask someone who they're voting for.

dierna
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 01:15

Quoting: mitsky
McCain for President!

Indeed. That's who I voted for. I can't stand Obama and Nader is a total nutjob. McCain's the lesser of the evils. Sure his running mate is a Creationist nutjob but I like McCain.

But either way it'll be historical. We'll either have our first ever president born in South America (McCain) or our first ever president born in Hawaii (Obama).

As for the whole "Obama would be the first black president!" thing.... No he won't. We've already had several black presidents: Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Warren Harding, and Calvin Coolidge were, like Obama, half black. Andrew Jackson even had a brother who was sold as a slave.

iain
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 02:09 · Edited by: iain

*facepalm*

War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

darth_balco
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 03:11

Quoting: dierna

Indeed. That's who I voted for. I can't stand Obama and Nader is a total nutjob. McCain's the lesser of the evils. Sure his running mate is a Creationist nutjob but I like McCain.

But either way it'll be historical. We'll either have our first ever president born in South America (McCain) or our first ever president born in Hawaii (Obama).

As for the whole "Obama would be the first black president!" thing.... No he won't. We've already had several black presidents: Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Warren Harding, and Calvin Coolidge were, like Obama, half black. Andrew Jackson even had a brother who was sold as a slave.

1. McCain was born on a US Naval Air Base in CENTRAL America, because Panama is in CENTRAL American, not SOUTH America. But technically at that time, the Panama Canal was under US control. So technically he would still be born in the United States.
2. Where in the fecking hell did you get the ridiculous notion that Thomas Jefferson is Half-Black? Just because he banged a slave, doesn't mean he's half-black.
3. The only president that could POSSIBLY have a fraction of African-American, and no he wouldn't be half black would be Warren Harding but there's no hard evidence that shows that.
4. Where did you get this notion that Andrew Jackson had a brother who was sold as a slave?

Jeezy Chreesy. That's all I gotta say. That's all I can say. Now I will do a facepalm of my own. Into a wall. Repeatedly. Over and over again in vain attempt to get such crap out of my head.

dierna
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 04:20

Quoting: darth_balco
Where in the fecking hell did you get the ridiculous notion that Thomas Jefferson is Half-Black? Just because he banged a slave, doesn't mean he's half-black.

http://www.computerhealth.org/ebook/5blkpres.htm

korny
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 04:50 · Edited by: korny

I don't think I would go spouting information like that from one book about a subject that hasn't been researched the heck out of. I mean, sure, those guys could've spent years and years researching that, or they could've just thrown darts at a list of presidents to see who'd be black. I'm just sayin', be skeptical.

darth_balco
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 04:55 · Edited by: darth_balco

Yes, go to a computer health website to find information on past United States presidents. Boy, I guess I was taught wrong in my history classes at a public institution for higher education. I guess this means my history minor is worthless too.

korny
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 04:57

Quoting: darth_balco
Boy, I guess I was taught wrong in my history classes at a public institution for higher education. I guess this mean my history minor is worthless too.

Same here, kiddo.

Guess being in Phi Alpha Theta, the national history honor society, means nothing either.

Man, we suck.

darth_balco
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 04:59

Quoting: korny
Same here, kiddo.

Guess being in Phi Alpha Theta, the national history honor society, means nothing either.

Man, we suck.

I know, who would've thought that a guy running a computer health website would know all there is to know about the past presidents.

We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

korny
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 05:06

We have been publicly shamed. We cannot continue.

Unless we come up with some ridiculous claim that only one person haswritten a book on and do absolutely no research of our own. Cause really, who needs loads of resources backing up their claim on a forum.

Damn college wasting our time with those ridiculous papers!

darth_balco
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 05:21

Yes! Into exile we must go.

korny
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 05:42

Dagobah?

darth_balco
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 05:44

Yes, at least Yodel will have some company. And that will make Bob happy.

korny
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 05:48

Okay, then. Dagobah it is, since it'll make Bob happy.

polson
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 08:05

This is going to get ugly isn't it.

mitsky
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 08:20

Polson: I wasn't aiming for "ugly" I was going for "lively". My bad.

And is Iain quoting 1984?

polson
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 08:53 · Edited by: polson

Mitsky, I've never seen a discussion about American politics that didn't go bad. *l* That's not your fault.

I have no idea what Iain is quoting. I thought he was just spouting mindless babble as usual.

quincyw
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 10:00

I bet everyone a hundred dollars that the next President will be left handed.

korny
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 11:31

That could be me.

darth_balco
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 16:37

That could be me too, if they could only lower the age to be president though. Then I could not only be the youngest president, but I would be the only president from King City! \o/ And be the only demon president because when I was a baby, Azazel dripped his blood into my mouth.

demonvamp
# Posted: 3 Nov 2008 18:47

Whoah, easy there, psychic boy, you can't start using those powers of yours or I'll have to hunt you.

Still though, this:
Quoting: dierna
Sure his running mate is a Creationist nutjob but I like McCain.

That scares the hell out of me and I'm not even American. If I were I'd be voting for the other guy simply because if anything happened to McCain (who is as old as my dad and whom I worry about daily) then that crazy nutjob woman would be running the country.

bria
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 02:20

Guess I could legitimately argue that my president is half-German and half-Irish, going with the current trend of logical reasoning and insight. Beat that!

aeon
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 12:08

Korny for president!

amandasp
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 14:39

All I have to say is... if you made the choice to vote. Thank you.

skevington
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 15:06

Loving the sarcasm in here. Just loving it.

majin_fett
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 15:21

Nathan Petrelli for President!

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.025
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0