· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Paper flyers
kaela_donos
# Posted: 13 Nov 2008 04:25

We should make some flyers! Like the old fashion paper kind!

I would like to print it out and put it on the wall of a door (or 20)!

I have been meeting people who are like, oh what is this place where you meet this people you talk about! I tell them about otf and there like oh cool, but it is never where I can write it down for them!

Besides the older I get the less shame I have and the more I talk about it and the more I meet people who are like, oh I like that idea!! (also it helps that I am at a geek Mecca but any which way!)

besides, we want new members! why not take a more.. untraditional otf but traditional club road :/

What do you all think? And more importnedly is anyone willing to help out? Or has made one already that they would like to share??? Cus that would be awesome!

-Kaela

lzrman
# Posted: 14 Nov 2008 00:44 · Edited by: lzrman

The concept of doing this has been proposed in the past and quite actually I have something like this on my computer somewhere.

Here was the plan:
A4 210 x 297mm = Handouts
16 x 20 inches = Poster

Handouts = Need Key Information that grabs attention
Poster = Good High tech graphics

Poster

Just remember, we have to make it very interesting for a member to even view the website outpost10f.com one must think of it as doing business with a prospective individual, and selling it.

kaela_donos
# Posted: 14 Nov 2008 02:34

It's a club flyer, it should also be fun and make people want to cheek it out, they don't have to know what it is they just have to want to know more

and poster is just to much, just little flyers is all! :-) something anyone can print out and put outside there apartments door as i will do! If you make it to much it's not as fun or friendly!

shakeycat
# Posted: 14 Nov 2008 19:50

Kaela, I'm on it. Bug me later.

lzrman
# Posted: 14 Nov 2008 20:34

Tanya, we could make something up........... kaela can give us some fancy color sheme to spice it up.

soka
# Posted: 15 Nov 2008 00:46 · Edited by: soka

As for the flyers ... I'm sure a fancy color scheme would be nice, but don't forget that not everyone has a color-printer, so try and make the colors so that it *can* be printed in grey too, while staying readable.

As for colurs ... I suggest several shades of blue - especially in the symbol

The first and easiest thing to promote OTF everyone could do is to actually click the vote-link every time they log out.

You know that large red box on the log-out screen? Yes, that actually is a vote-link.
I'm sure that red box used to have an effect, but by now everyone is so used to it .. it already kind of belongs there.
I'm sure it'd draw more attention to remove it.

darth_balco
# Posted: 15 Nov 2008 14:56

Quoting: soka
The first and easiest thing to promote OTF everyone could do is to actually click the vote-link every time they log out.

You know that large red box on the log-out screen? Yes, that actually is a vote-link.
I'm sure that red box used to have an effect, but by now everyone is so used to it .. it already kind of belongs there.
I'm sure it'd draw more attention to remove it.

And logical, not sure making paper flyers and trying to get random strangers in RL to go to a chatroom would work. *l* Might work in a college setting, though.

lzrman
# Posted: 15 Nov 2008 22:31

if we do hand outs, theres gonna be 6 sides if we fold it up, what info do we put on it?

lzrman
# Posted: 16 Nov 2008 03:33

Okay 3 Fold Handouts.

Front Page has to be a eye catching graphic.
Inside center, definition of the outpost
1st page describes our chats
2nd center page, how we've built the community
3rd page how to contribute to a growing community
4th page = contact information for various individuals tbd

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.020
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0