· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Canadians...
polson
# Posted: 2 Dec 2008 23:24

If you're Canadian and you don't know what's going on, get your head out of the sand folks!!! Democracy in Canada is coming to an end, thanks to this latest political play for power from Dion. Please write to the Governor General! Regardless of what party you wish to have in power, you still have the right to VOTE them into power.

bont
# Posted: 3 Dec 2008 00:06

To Hell with it all, i joined the western separatist party... to hell with all the coalition bull----

lzrman
# Posted: 3 Dec 2008 02:26

I don't give a crap about politics, I'll just stay neutral

polson
# Posted: 3 Dec 2008 13:58

Brett, I've always flirted with the idea of seperating, but now I'm giving it serious consideration.

I can't believe they can do this. They might as well just delcare Martial Law and revoke all freedoms, because that's what this feels like.

crazytexan
# Posted: 3 Dec 2008 19:55

Silly canucks...this is just the precursor to annexation from the US and the UK.
And Quebec can become a colony of France as a sign of good faith.

From an outsider point-of view It has been an interesting process following the recent political issues in Canada. Sometimes government needs a good shake-up every so often. I hope that democracy and compromise will prevail. Or when all else fails, go to your nearest Tim Horton's and drown your sorrows in doughnuts and coffee.

polson
# Posted: 3 Dec 2008 20:32

I don't think I hate France enough to give them Quebec...and I don't think Quebec would go along with that either...they're like the difficult three year old of the family.

Political shake-ups are good. But when they take away our right to vote for who is running our country? That's not democracy. I'd like to see Dion charged with treason.

Or be banned from Tim's for life.

bont
# Posted: 4 Dec 2008 01:20

Im all for the public execution of the bastard.

hobbie
# Posted: 4 Dec 2008 09:08

Plus we don't want Quebec anyway.

polson
# Posted: 4 Dec 2008 14:20

Brett, I made a flippant remark that I understand why some people get desperate enough to assasinate politicians in power that has caused a ruckus amongst some of my aquaintances. There were some freak outs.

A. My point was not "let's kill Dion!" it was "I never understood why people would assasinate a political leader...except now that I feel totally helpless to stop something that I feel could irrevocably ruin my country, the only thing I can think of to stop it is to pop Dion. I don't condon such an action - but for the first time in my life I think I underestand what it is that drives people to such a desperate act."

B. ANYBODY who has taken the time to get to know me knows about my habitual flippancy and understands the spirit in which I say such things. I am annoyed that people who hardly ever gave me the time of day feel qualified to judge me.

Sorry...It's 7 am, I've been up since 1pm, Dion's trying to ruin Canada and I'm grumpy...

Hobbie - If the states invades, we're going to give them Quebec as a peace offering. And then watch them crumble from the inside out. Muwahahahahaha!

On another note - I cannot BELIEVE Quebec is putting up a stink about Harper's remarks. He spoke out against the BLOC not Quebec, and I don't think there's a soul in Canada who doubts the Bloc's goal is to seperate Quebec from Canada. They've made that abundantly clear. I hardly think Harper pointing out the obvious is a personal attack on Quebecers.

hobbie
# Posted: 4 Dec 2008 14:55

You're not making any sense. So Quebec is overreacting and making things even more complicated than they already are, but isn't that basically what you'd expect from that difficult three year old you were talking about giving away as a peace offering?

ohm
# Posted: 5 Dec 2008 01:08

Quoting: polson
If the states invades, we're going to give them Quebec as a peace offering. And then watch them crumble from the inside out.

As Quebec would be an outlaying territory, or state if you will, of the US wouldn't it be more appropriate to say from the outside in?

polson
# Posted: 5 Dec 2008 10:20

They're sneaky though. Once you let them into the Senate, it will be OVER.

aeon
# Posted: 5 Dec 2008 12:49

Celine Dion's trying to ruin Canada AND makes Polson grumpy?

Tell the folks accross the pond what's going on over there, I'm too lazy to google.

polson
# Posted: 5 Dec 2008 20:23

We have a Minority government at the moment. More people voted for Harper than for any other party, but in total less than half the country voted for him. The opposition led by Dion has proposed a Coalition of himself and two other party leaders, which together outnumer Harper. They intended to bring down the government by a vote of non-confidence and then assuem command of the country with Dion as the new Prime Minister.

Our laws ALLOW for this, sadly, however it's merely a loophole. When there is a vote of non-confidence they are supposed to send Canadians back to the polls and we have another election.

Anyway, at this time Her Excellency the Right Honourable Governor General has prorouged parlament (suspended it) until January when Harper will present the budget - this will keep Dion's Coalition from making a vote of non-confidence, thereby keeping Harper in power until then. Once the budget is presented to the House, if Dion's Coalition has survived that long, will either have to agree with the budget or make a vote of non-confidence. At that time Her Excellency will decide whether Dion's Coalition can take over or if Canadians will go to the polls.

Dion's Coalition includes the Bloc Quebecois, a known seperatist party. Many Canadians are angry that Dion would jump into bed with the Bloc, seeing how everyone knows what their agenda is and how stubborn they are. The Bloc has made no secret that their priority is Quebec first, Canada never.

demonvamp
# Posted: 6 Dec 2008 16:33

Wowsa

dierna
# Posted: 8 Dec 2008 07:33

If the states invades, we're going to give them Quebec as a peace offering. And then watch them crumble from the inside out. Muwahahahahaha!

We already invaded Canada in the war of 1812... u guys took revenge by burning down Washington D.C! We don't want Quebec either!

polson
# Posted: 10 Dec 2008 07:54

Oh my lanta. I've never run into an American that will admit that even happened.

dierna
# Posted: 11 Dec 2008 04:56

I've never run into an American that will admit that even happened.

Well it's certainly not something u learn in school. I didn't learn about it till a couple years ago.

This is my fave song on the subject:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7jlFZhprU4

polson
# Posted: 11 Dec 2008 06:12

Dierna, yeah, I've put that song up on these forums before. Then I was told it didn't count because Canada wasn't official yet.

wedge
# Posted: 11 Dec 2008 08:33

I learned it in school at least three times

majin_fett
# Posted: 11 Dec 2008 17:45

But it wasn't Canada yet. Just as it was the United States during the French-Indian War.

polson
# Posted: 11 Dec 2008 20:15

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

majin_fett
# Posted: 12 Dec 2008 04:31

Proto-Canada kicking the U.S.'s ass doesn't make me lose sleep.

rpmobsession
# Posted: 12 Dec 2008 08:02 · Edited by: rpmobsession

Wait, so the French and Indian war wasn't fought with Indians sitting around a large table with white people speaking a silly language while drinking absinthe, smoking cigarettes, and tut-tutting at the world around them? As a settlement, I thought they agreed on a year's supply of berets which were much more fashionable and functionable than a silly headdress not keeping their scalps warm?

I actually need to check up on my American History because I totally don't remember what the French-Indian War was about. But, Canada sounds like they have guts to use the loopholes in the system so openly.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0