· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
majin_fett
# Posted: 2 Jan 2009 05:41

This is the newest Star Wars book, which came out on December 30, 2008, and was written by Matthew Stover. It takes place about 1.5 years after Return of the Jedi, and is about Luke's first and pretty much only mission/command as a general of the New Republic. During this particularly brutal campaign involving black-armored stormtroopers, Rogue Squadron, Mandalorians, and more, Luke faces off against an Imperial warlord known only as Lord Shadowspawn.

I created this thread for the few people at OTF who might've read the book and want to discuss it. I myself was a bit busy with New Year festivities, so I'm only about halfway through the book, but when I'm done, I'd be more than happy to discuss what went on. Especially since what I've read so far kicks ass.

majin_fett
# Posted: 2 Jan 2009 05:42

Oh yeah, and for those who don't like spoilers (I generally don't), avoid this thread.

dierna
# Posted: 2 Jan 2009 17:12

Quoting: majin_fett
It takes place about 1.5 years after Return of the Jedi

Is Chewbacca in it??? I figure he's gotta be in it somewhere considering it's set a year after Return of the Jedi and he'd still be alive.... I basically stopped reading the SW books after Chewbacca died...I DO keep track of what's going on in the universe tho...and I love Star Wars Legacy....

majin_fett
# Posted: 2 Jan 2009 20:48

Yes, he's there. And instead of it being written "Chewie growled something," Stover actually takes the time to write out Chewie's lines (which just looks like growls, mind you), making it actually look like a conversation.

majin_fett
# Posted: 3 Jan 2009 04:56

I finished this book last night. I highly recommend it. It's one of the best SW books I've read in years. If you were turned off by the events of such book series as New Jedi Order or Legacy of the Force, this book might be for you, as you only need to have knowledge from the movies to understand what's going on.

Like philosophical looks at the Force? Check.

Like humor and banter? Check.

Like vicious battles? Check.

Rogue Squadron? Check. Mandalorians? Check.

It feels like a SW novel for SW fans, by SW fans.

bria
# Posted: 4 Jan 2009 15:48

Ooooh, Rogue Squadron.

Sounds good. I'll have to hit Amazon. Especially now that the pound's so cheap...

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.020
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0