· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Poll - Get Ride of the Spycam
<< . 1 . 2 .
shakeycat
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 17:49

Is there a paypal set up to pay our fare? I want to ride too.

On that note, why don't we charge by the minute for spycam? It would discourage its use AND generate revenue for OTF! Or, any member can buy unlimited monthly access to the wonderful technology of the spycam.

For that matter, why don't we just buy higher ranks for ourselves. And drop 25 cents into the pot for every hilarious usage of the Betazoid Gift Box?

polson
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 19:23

Dmitri - I wasn't belittling you! Sorry.

skevington
# Posted: 7 Jan 2009 20:33

Sorry Polson, it just seemed like it. No offence taken of course.

aeon
# Posted: 8 Jan 2009 21:59 · Edited by: aeon

I'm with Lee here. You want to change the Outpost and think about cutting things? Yeah, that's not working really. What if we do cut the spycam? What's next? The forums, because there are debates that would stir up too many emotions? And then? The chat itself? This is indeed ridiculous. You want a change? Change something. But don't just get rid off things, that's clearly not the way to go, and quite frankly - it won't make things easier. It'll just make them worse, because people might feel that the place is not like it used to be. It happened before, that's why so many people left. So, let's keep the things as they are, and we'll keep the people too.

taurik
# Posted: 9 Jan 2009 06:01

its easy to hate what you can't sack up and try to earn.

smann3000
# Posted: 5 Mar 2009 15:05

As a CL3 member I cannot use spycam but I also do not want the spycam to leave also. It is nice to see the yellow comments come down from the gods of spycam. In fact, I think there are a lot of people that love to do that too.

Still we have to have rules and we could go a little nuts in the room if there was not the ISA members. Because we have spycam, and we may not know if anyone is there or not with ISA security levels. It does keep the room more sane when there is nobody in spycam.

Have been in chatrooms with moderators and without moderators not there. When you know there are no moderators and no spycam the room gets to be more rude and crude. That is the reason I want spycam to be there so I feel it is safe to talk with other people. Maybe because I am a woman and understand how rude it can be for women in chatrooms without ISA / moderators.

demonvamp
# Posted: 5 Mar 2009 18:31

Smann speaks wise words.

ayanna
# Posted: 5 Mar 2009 22:49

I do not think getting rid of the spycam is the answer. Only people who are guilty of breaking the rules would feel they are being watched, and if there is troublemakers in chat (People who have been shot multiple times or on the troublemaker list) they should be watched carefully. I myself don't always come into chat, Many times when i'm doing homework i'll check to see if there is any good conversations going on in chat, and sometimes i'll log in, and sometimes i won't depending on what i'm doing at the time, and if the conversation is any good. I don't think we should restrict it to a higher level because thats not fair to all those people who worked hard in the past to earn their current rank status.

smann3000
# Posted: 6 Mar 2009 12:18

Since i have been a member since June 2008 I cannot recall a time someone was shot out of the room with a greater force then a low level. May be in the past 10f had a great deal of troublemakers but in my judgment in the last year I really cannot recall any problems.

Sure we can get a toad that comes in but they never register and stay at a cl1 just to make rude comments. They get their kicks and leave after a few minutes because everyone just blows them off.

Anyway, I have let to see someone with a Cl3 level being punished for their actions and I feel we have a nice and happy community. Still, I do like to have the spycam around.

christena
# Posted: 6 Mar 2009 16:30

Quoting: demonvamp
Smann speaks wise words.

yes she does..well said!

bria
# Posted: 11 Mar 2009 13:42

Yep. The main reason why my mother never had a problem with my joining OTF was the spycam, and the presence of ISA. Yeah rly. And those of you who know my mother also know how protective she gets, especially in the face of the unknown, a.k.a. the intertubes.

Even if no one's in the spycam in reality, the fact that they're there in theory is important. If you don't believe me, I refer you to Michel Foucault's panopticon theory for an explanation. Big Brother is watching you. It's good for more than watching the chat, you know.

david1
# Posted: 12 Mar 2009 12:11

sign of the times...
people get so bored they have to attack the spycam ... its an annual event believe it or not, ignore it and it will pass until its next migration!

daecrist
# Posted: 13 Mar 2009 04:34

No one is ever in the spycam. I see no need to remove something that everyone but the ISA has effectively eliminated anyways.

smann3000
# Posted: 13 Mar 2009 09:07

If nobody uses the spycam by choice why spend time and energy to remove something that would take some time to remove. The spycam is not an eyesour that we have to look at all the time. If it is not broke do not fix it.

cleo_soul
# Posted: 13 Mar 2009 22:07

as a CL4 peep (for 9 years) I doubt I'll ever get to use the spycam, but still, don't get rid of it.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.017
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0