# Posted: 9 Jan 2009 15:43 · Edited by: mezoti

You left before I had a chance to say goodbye
But that's the way life usually is
it just passes you by
But you can't hold on to regrets and you can't look back
So I'll just be thankful for the times that I had with you
I hope I'm just like you

I love you, Shar. I miss you, too.

Remember that time in Indianapolis? When we got drunk and made up new words for Stanford and Son? And he walked down the stairs and you were so convinced they were lovers - not father and son?

Remember that time when we curled up waiting for James? And when he arrived you nearly tackled him to the ground?

Remember the bad times during those days? But there was good too. Like us jumping in the pool in our PJs.

We won't have those anymore, will we? But it matters not. I'll see you again, and you me. And we'll finally drink that bottle of wine.

<3

lzrman
# Posted: 9 Jan 2009 19:24 · Edited by: Moderator

Sharlynn E. Van Luven (Mitchell), age 27, of Eau Claire died Saturday, Jan. 3, 2009, at home.

Sharlynn was born on Nov. 7, 1981, in Ajax, Ontario. She loved fishing, drama, poetry and writing.

Sharlynn is survived by her loyal husband and loving best friend, Dustin Mitchell. Unconditionally supported and cherished by her mother, Cheryl, and missed by her sister, Shana. She will be fondly remembered by her devoted family in the United States, her father and mother-in-law, Kevin and Julia Helland; father-in-law, Robert Mitchell; sisters-in-law, Andrea (Chuck) Kohls and Jamie Mitchell; nephews, Kaden, Cameron, Beckitt, Brandon and Brady; her dog and companion, Sully.

She was preceded in death by her grandfather, Albert "Pops" Welsh.

Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 10, 2009, at Sacred Heart Hospital Chapel in Eau Claire, with the Monsignor Edmund Klimek officiating. (Chapel entrance and parking are on the west side of the hospital.) Interment will be at a later date in Canada.

Memorials may be made in her memory to the donor's choice.

Evergreen Funeral Home is serving the family.

You will be missed by all.

soka
# Posted: 9 Jan 2009 19:46

Excuse me ... I'm a bit confused.

I've just read the name for the first time now, it's completely unfamiliar to me.
Who was she?

benjamin0222
# Posted: 9 Jan 2009 19:51 · Edited by: benjamin0222

i dont know her either but, its always a pity to see someone else leave this earth. I wish her relatives and friends the best to deal with this. I for one am very heart felt and wish them the best.....

soka
# Posted: 9 Jan 2009 19:58

Yes, I agree ... but according to the Updates she was a member of OTF - and as her real name doesn't ring any bell, I'd like to know what she was called around here.

mezoti
# Posted: 9 Jan 2009 20:40

Solena, CL4

( http://outpost10f.com/cgi-bin/dossiers.fcgi?id=772 ).

christena
# Posted: 9 Jan 2009 20:41

I remember Shar what happened?

mezoti
# Posted: 9 Jan 2009 20:45

Frankly, I don't know. She's been sick the whole time I've known her. I could call her husband, but it's not my place nor do I want to impose on Dustin. So, matters not. She's gone, and I'm heartbroken.

Miss you Sharluff..

shadow_jedi
# Posted: 9 Jan 2009 21:30

Wow...just, wow.

I hadn't heard from her for a couple of years...I knew she was sick, but...damn. I'm sorry I never got to meet you, Twinneh. You'll be missed.

ricas_kibu
# Posted: 9 Jan 2009 21:40

Rock on Shar, where-ever you are now.

jadzia_jones1
# Posted: 10 Jan 2009 01:05

How sad

polson
# Posted: 10 Jan 2009 02:25

Wow. I had no idea. I'm...wow. Heartbroken.

leia1
# Posted: 10 Jan 2009 03:02

sad pockets!!

You'll be missed greatly Shar!!! We Love You!!

ayanna
# Posted: 10 Jan 2009 03:19

wow, i seen all the comments on facebook and was perplexed at first.

Me and Shar had our ups and downs but she was always a cool person and i know she'll be missed by many, my thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

dierna
# Posted: 10 Jan 2009 03:26 · Edited by: dierna

OMG! WTF?! Damn! She was a member of the Soul Family too.

Edit: I found her name on an online quilt thing for Endometriosis. She lists all diseases she's had over the years. Yeesh.

http://www.endometriosiszone.org/quilt/endo.cfm?SO RTLETTER=S&SortName=FirstName

lzrman
# Posted: 10 Jan 2009 04:57

Sharlynn Erin Van Luven

* I had endometriosis for 4 Years before detection
* My Birthday is Saturday, November 7, 1981
* I live in London, Ontario Canada
* You can contact me at SharBerry_81@yahoo.ca

This is one of the seemingly neverending diseases in my life. Accompanied by Ovarian Cancer, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Fibroids, Diabetes, Asthma, and a couple of others The past 6 years have not been life at all...but rather...going through the motions. Everyday a new struggle through the pain, with fewer answers from the medical profession that we are supposed to place our faith in. I am 22 years old, and after four failed surgeries thus far, have to undergo a hysterectomy and bowel resection this coming year. I can't work, I can't be doing what other young women my age are doing and experiencing in life. I am engaged, but I cannot express my love physically for the one I am to marry...and I fear that I will lose him as well. This is not living...this is hell unleashed..and i pray for all of those who are enduring it also. May God be with you all...in hopes that one day, fewer of us will have to travel this dark road. Sincerely, Sharlynn Van Luven

This is what Dierna's link contains for people who cannot find her.

shaker
# Posted: 10 Jan 2009 11:02

My dear, you will be sorely missed. As rarely as I seemed to visit from time to time, I do indeed remember you. Us Scorpios have to stick together, you know. May God hold you, your family and loved ones close in this time of tragedy... but know that you may be gone, but you will never be forgotten.

monny
# Posted: 12 Jan 2009 01:05 · Edited by: monny

Although I did not know her well, I would like to express my condolences.

I hope that all of those who had the honor of knowing her wiill eventually find comfort in her memory.

V

munro
# Posted: 12 Jan 2009 18:48

Well,

I dont know any appropiate reaction, other than: rest in peace Sharlynn, you'll be missed. I'll miss the chatsessions, we used to had, not to long ago. I'll miss the witty comments you used to make to have a good laugh on msn. I feel bad, not knowing any sooner, but i know for certain, that we will miss you gal, i'll miss you.

Rest in Peace

B.

tale_spier
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 03:25

I didn't know her very well either but wish to express my deepest condolences to her family, friends and loved ones.

May you rest in peace Sharlynn. You will be missed and may those you have touched remember you fondly.

soran
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 21:50

Dear Shar,

The one I loved so much and I will always hold onto that love. We never met but WE share the same birthday, you always said we were "soul twins"
I will miss you greatly, no one let me know, I just found out and i'm devistated... You should have picked up the phone babe, I was always calling!

Love you always
Aaron

P.S. Nobody knows me like you did..

stevennorton
# Posted: 10 Feb 2009 08:56 · Edited by: stevennorton

I had seen "RIP Sharlynn" on a few msn handles of people from here I rarely talk to anymore... and did not want to think it was true.

I logged into OTF for the first time in a long time tonight since such things were on my mind, and was hoping to not see the post by Lzrbug on the updates.

Shar was my friend, she was a great person and it takes something as finite as the death of a friend to put things in perspective for a guy. I wish I could have said goodbye, or at the very least, Hello just once more. What's even more infuriating is I passed through Eau Claire twice in December.

My heart and thoughts go out to Dustin and the rest of Shar's family, she was taken far before her time, and the world is a sadder place without her wonderful bubbly attitude.

To anyone else that I do care about round abouts here, that I may not make or have the time to greet soon enough... Here's a hello =)

You'll be missed Shar, but wherever you are, I hope you are at peace, or at least causing as much trouble as possible!

Love always,
Stew

bronwein
# Posted: 18 Mar 2009 00:33

Where can a donation be made?

navi_greenleaf
# Posted: 25 Mar 2009 20:19

Oh my God...

I've been away from OTF for months, and I come back and see this. That is...really depressing. I didn't know she suffered from endometriosis or any of the other maladies listed on that link. She was always so positive and friendly.

You are missed, Sharleena. I wish I had known sooner.

RIP.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.033
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0