· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Isaac ASimov
trekkymccoy
# Posted: 14 Jan 2009 22:15

Hello everyone! It's me again! This time, I want to hear about Asimov. Anything at all. Wether it be sking for a book recemedation or recomending a book. Wether it's telling about your favorite character or why you like Foundation or Robots better. Whatever there is tht you know about Asimov and just want to put out to the world, here's the place to do it! Good Luck!

Your Favorite Robot Loving Lt.,
TRekky McCoy

dierna
# Posted: 15 Jan 2009 06:13

I remember the day he died (April 1992) I heard it on the radio. It was a sad day.

I've never read any of his books but my dad has them all. I do like most versions of I, Robot tho...mostly the ones that have Leonard Nimoy in it... not keen at all on Will Smith's version.

trekkymccoy
# Posted: 16 Jan 2009 01:42

There's a Len Nimoy I, Robot?? I didn't know that and I'm crazy about Asimov!

soka
# Posted: 16 Jan 2009 12:53

I think I've only read I, Robot from him ... stumbled over it in the public Library, in English so I took it with me.
The book's got nearly nothing in common with the Will Smith movie - it's actually a collection of short-stories each with very different kind of a Robot. Only thing in common as far as I remember are the Robot Laws and the fact that one Robot hides among a lot of others in one of the stories - but in the book he doesn't run.

dierna
# Posted: 16 Jan 2009 19:54

Quoting: trekkymccoy
There's a Len Nimoy I, Robot?? I didn't know that and I'm crazy about Asimov!

There's 2 of them and they were both done by The Outer Limits. The first one in 1964 and the 2nd in 1995. In the first one Leonard was the reporter, Judson Ellis. In the 2nd one he was the lawyer.

fat_man
# Posted: 16 Jan 2009 22:06

what about me?

dierna
# Posted: 17 Jan 2009 22:11

http://www.mania.com/emmerich-for-asimovs-foundati on_article_112405.html

After some back and forth in development hell, Columbia Pictures won an auction late Thursday for screen rights to Isaac Asimov's ground breaking science fiction trilogy Foundation, reports Variety. The film will be developed as a possible directing vehicle for Roland Emmerich while he and his Centropolis partner Michael Wimer are set to produce the film.

The property, originally developed by Fox and producer Vince Gerardis, found its way to New Line, and then to Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne as the first major project announcement after the former heads of New Line formed Unique Pictures at Warner Bros. Fox would have had to be compensated for its development costs. That became a problem for WB, and the studio allowed its option to lapse, expecting to quietly make a new deal with a clear chain of rights that would have left Fox and Gerardis on the outside.

It turned into a spirited auction. WB bid for Unique and director Alex Proyas, Fox bid for Gerardis. Emmerich and Sony were the surprise entrants.

Plot Concept: Originally published as a series of eight short stories in Astounding Magazine beginning in 1942, Foundation is a complex saga about humans who are scattered on planets throughout the galaxy, living under the rule of the Galactic Empire.

A psycho-historian who can scientifically read the future sees an imminent empire collapse, and sets to work preparing to save the knowledge of mankind.

trekkymccoy
# Posted: 19 Jan 2009 01:27

Wow, so I'm really NOT the only Asimov fan!
So, for those of you whop have read the Robot Novles,
Daneel Olivaw or Giskard Reventlov?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.016
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0