· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Phillip Jose Farmer
bronwein
# Posted: 8 Mar 2009 21:59

Did anyone other than me notice the passing of a great sci fi writer. Phillip Jose Farmer? "Maker of Universes," "Gates of Creation," etc? Has no one else read him?

smann3000
# Posted: 9 Mar 2009 10:18

WHO?

dierna
# Posted: 10 Mar 2009 03:45

Aye.. he died a couple weeks ago. I love his Wold Newton Universe. It's like one huge fan fic that connects every novel and tv show ever written. Like Hulk being a descendent of Dr. Jekyl and being a cousin of Lois Lane. Or Spock descended from Dick Grayson (Robin/Nightwing) and Sherlock Holmes (who also has MacGyver and Bruce Wayne among his descendents).

bronwein
# Posted: 12 Mar 2009 00:49

I like the tier worlds. And scifi did descend from him. Heinlein, esp. And Star Trek. Gene in his got to make some money in hollywood days must have read Pjf's parallel universes.

bronwein
# Posted: 1 May 2009 00:07

OMG, you p*** all over yourselves over Ballard, but nary a . . . oh, forgot you don't even know who Philip Jose Farmer is.

skevington
# Posted: 1 May 2009 06:46

You're more than welcome to write something on him and send it to me!

Regards,
Dmitri

bronwein
# Posted: 20 May 2009 00:21

Sorry, got carried away. Will do. and I do likr Ballard. I just remember in 7th grade, starting to read sci fi. Clark, and Asimov, Farmer, and yes, Star Trek paperbacks.

dierna
# Posted: 20 May 2009 20:21

Quoting: bronwein
oh, forgot you don't even know who Philip Jose Farmer is.

If you read my post you'd clearly see that I know who Phillip Joseph Farmer was. What with me being a fan of his Wold Newton Stuff.

bronwein
# Posted: 29 May 2009 01:28

dierna

Didn't mean you. You get it that he gave some ideas to sci fi of today.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0