I've decided to run a Union after a two year gap
London Union 2009

skevington
# Posted: 30 Mar 2009 16:56

I will of course be about in April. On another note - WETHERSPOONS!! \o/

Dmitri

sylvius
# Posted: 30 Mar 2009 21:11

I live in London, so could put in a short appearance!

demonslayer
# Posted: 30 Mar 2009 21:40

Sylvius: I thought you gave up on Unions

skevington
# Posted: 30 Mar 2009 21:49

I thought you did too. =p

demonslayer
# Posted: 30 Mar 2009 22:23

Made a major clanger on the webpage, but now corrected
Union is Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd May

christena
# Posted: 31 Mar 2009 02:35

Alot of people have said they would only come to one day so why not just have it for a day? we all meet up then? I've got several things planned for certain days that aren't flexible..but would be nice to meet up at least once. As it's late notice. and only a few weeks away I'm sure alot can't come.....most that are coming will be from around London anyways..and I'm sure they've seen the sights many times. Just a thought.

demonslayer
# Posted: 31 Mar 2009 06:27 · Edited by: demonslayer

I normaly do a two, or two and half day union due to not all can make "A" day due to work/family commitments.

It doesnt mean you have to turn up for all.

Only I have to be at all days as I'm the organiser.

skevington
# Posted: 31 Mar 2009 09:53

Just to add on to what Cinna has said - I would make an appearance but not going to be around for three days solid. Or even two. I have other commitments but would be happy to put in a guest appearance. =p I think what she says makes sense at so late a date.

Regards,

Dmitri

demonslayer
# Posted: 31 Mar 2009 14:37 · Edited by: demonslayer

It was never 3 days, it was two days and an evening.

Reason:
Friday evening: As people maybe only able to attend after work/collegue/whatever, and cannot make the weekend due to other commeitments.
Saturday: This is the main day.
Sunday: Its the quiet day, due to not much open and people who may have traveled in would be traveling home that day.

I am not saying you have to attend all two point five days. Only me the Organiser would have too. I am only trying to cover all the bases. Its ONLY a guideline. Sheesh, and I wonder why people cannot be bothered to even run unions these days.

*EDIT* Friday evening now has been canceled. If you still want to meet up and maybe go to see a show, just contact me.

skevington
# Posted: 31 Mar 2009 15:57

Andrew, I don't know why you are taking what me and Cinna said in an offensive manner. Neither comments were ever intended to be offensive so I really don't understand the attitude.

If you feel it is going to be too much trouble to arrange a union, don't arrange one. Nobody is forcing anyone to do it! However I am sure everyone appreciates the effort you put in.

Thank you for your further clarification.

Regards,

Dmitri

demonslayer
# Posted: 31 Mar 2009 16:02 · Edited by: demonslayer

I wasn't being offensive, just explaining why I run it as a 2.5 day union.
If it comes over as offensive, I apologies.

*EDIT* If a union was too much hassel to run or organise, I wouldnt have volenteered to run one.

rpmobsession
# Posted: 1 Apr 2009 01:08

Jesus you people are sad. Seriously.

lzrman
# Posted: 1 Apr 2009 01:49

Agree'd!

sylvius
# Posted: 6 Apr 2009 19:29

The dates don't suit me any more, should've left it as previously stated.

babel
# Posted: 6 Apr 2009 23:18

Candice: nail, head, hit.

babel
# Posted: 6 Apr 2009 23:25 · Edited by: babel

Look, Chrissy's flying in, she obviously wants to meet up with OTFers she's known for years, can't we just like say 'ok we'll meet up at X place on X day and take it from there'? I don't see why there has to be all this hassle. Come on, it's meant to be fun ;-)

And Sylvius, old chum, I'm sorry the dates are inconvenient for you now but, well, it's being arranged for the benefit of someone coming from North Carolina, which is a bit less accessible to central London than North London is . . . .

sylvius
# Posted: 9 Apr 2009 13:39

Cinna: I've sent you an email to an old address that I've got. Did you receive it? I don't really won't to keep replying to these threads, but it's the only way at the moment. Regards. Sylvius

demonslayer
# Posted: 11 Apr 2009 10:53

Just got an e-mail, and we have two more people confirming attendance to the two day union.

Cliftonian and Hampus

Anyone else?

babel
# Posted: 11 Apr 2009 19:00

I'll be quite honest . . . I won't know if I'm turning up til the day itself. Sometimes these days I can have problems dealing with groups of people. It's a bit random, I'll try to join you all but no promises . . . .

demonslayer
# Posted: 24 Apr 2009 18:54

Just a reminder that next Union is in 7 days time

skevington
# Posted: 25 Apr 2009 16:57

Funky.

jd
# Posted: 25 Apr 2009 18:02

As in, lets get?

freeman
# Posted: 26 Apr 2009 18:41

Demonslayer is one of the best OTF union organiser I've ever met. He opens the door for me in the middle of the night, he waits for me in the Hard Rock café, when I took the wrong bus. He knows the underground the back of his head. He waits for me when the Eurostar is half an hour late. He arrange an extra day for me when the Eurostar is inoperative for a day. So, respect for DS.

demonslayer
# Posted: 29 Apr 2009 13:33 · Edited by: demonslayer

Just a reminder to all who are thinking of turning up for the London Union this saturday.

Date :Saturday 2nd May
Time: 11.00-11.30
Where: Charing Cross Railways Station main concorse next to burger king.

I have plenty of 2 for 1 vouchers for attractions if people are useing Travelcards.

Please notify me on the day if you would like to do the Sunday also.

sylvius
# Posted: 1 May 2009 17:42

I'll come for lunch only if I'm welcome. Have to be somewhere else at 2pm.

At least I can say I turned up.

demonslayer
# Posted: 3 May 2009 22:24 · Edited by: demonslayer

I've uploaded my page for the London Union 2009

Hopefully tomorrow it will also be up on the OTF Union Site.

Next Union that I know of will be Las Vegas June 29th to July 5th

demonslayer
# Posted: 16 May 2009 22:55

After a week and half without able to upload updates

London Union Site has been fully uploaded (I actualy got 50% up before internet problems )

Also have uploaded Lonon Union pictures onto my homepage (yes I know in previous post I had it uploaded, but there was no link on my homepage to it)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.035
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0