· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Twitter
daecrist
# Posted: 4 May 2009 15:49

I'm on Twitter. If I get people from OTF following me then I'll start writing about OTF stuff. Microblogging is an easier way for me to fire off updates from my phone between school and work. So consider this an experiment. If there's interest then I'll write about OTF. If not then I won't.

Clickeroo.

master_chief
# Posted: 4 May 2009 16:05

Thanks, Andrew, I added you on Twitter. It does seem like a good option.

-Brandon CL4

master_chief
# Posted: 4 May 2009 16:09

Btw, do you know when the EOM procedures will be done?

digerati
# Posted: 4 May 2009 16:10

I use twitter.

I haven't hooked it up to my cell yet. I did it so I can fallow a group in the Mid MI area.

Hope it works out well for you.

Digerati

babel
# Posted: 4 May 2009 19:26 · Edited by: babel

Can the twitters be linked to this board or the updates board for those of us who don't twitter? Also it would bring the OTF info closer to OTF itself, as opposed to slightly removed from it. Perhaps this could be a job for someone in admin, to collate 'news' sources like this and publish them in OTF? Maybe the C-in-C's blog could be 'twitterfied' (good word, that, been in use here for years!) so that lines of communication could be improved? I think it would potentially help a great deal.

daecrist
# Posted: 5 May 2009 02:52

Well it's my personal Twitter rather than an official OTF twitter. I don't know if it would work so well as an official news source on the OTF front page or something. If it proved popular enough I'm sure we could find someplace out of the way to stuff it though.

babel
# Posted: 5 May 2009 06:00

Oh, I see. Ok.

demonvamp
# Posted: 5 May 2009 17:41

Twitter is the devil

dierna
# Posted: 6 May 2009 22:02

Quoting: babel
Can the twitters be linked to this board or the updates board for those of us who don't twitter?

Well I know it can be linked to Facebook but I don't know all the ins and outs. I just use it to read the latest news and laugh at Brent Spiner's insane antics...seriously...he's nuts....

Andrew, Im now following ya on Twitter. And if anybody else wants to be on mine it's www.twitter.com/dierna

fat_man
# Posted: 7 May 2009 10:17

you could build a feed of multiple twitters to one page. IE this sites owners/heads whoever they may be.

stevennorton
# Posted: 22 May 2009 14:38

Quoting: demonvamp
Twitter is the devil

/signed

polson
# Posted: 22 May 2009 17:02

What is twitter anyway?

demonvamp
# Posted: 22 May 2009 20:09

Quoting: polson
What is twitter anyway?

It's a place for people (mostly stars and those impersonating them) to tell people their every waking thought... so long as that doesn't exceed 140 characters.

For example:

I am awake.

I am going to the bathroom.

I am Tweeting from the can.

And so on.

majin_fett
# Posted: 22 May 2009 20:33

I actually use Twitter, but it's for the radio show that I'm on. Toben and I post links to trailers or comic information as we talk about them on the show. So yeah, it can actually be more useful than people make it out to be.

demonvamp
# Posted: 22 May 2009 23:55

But Majin, I bet the actual uses like that are far less than the 'Is leaving the bathroom' brigade. Though I suppose it will weed itself out eventually, the same way as happened with Myspace and Facebook.

majin_fett
# Posted: 23 May 2009 00:06

Or the people who use it to say "I'm dropping the kids off at the pool" are the ones shouting while we the people who use it for actual good uses are whispering, even if we possibly outnumber the shouters. You just can't hear us yet.

demonvamp
# Posted: 23 May 2009 01:03

That is very true

quincyw
# Posted: 25 May 2009 10:00

I don't have Myspace, Facebook or Twitter. I've always been against the mainstream, so there!

dierna
# Posted: 26 May 2009 10:07

Quoting: quincyw
I don't have Myspace, Facebook or Twitter. I've always been against the mainstream, so there!

I used to be like that too. I got Myspace initially cuz my mom and some others kept on bugging me about it. Now I use it to listen to the latest music cuz just about every artist out there has a myspace. Heck I even have Sig Hanson on my friends list.

I got YouTube just so I can save my fave vids. I'll never make any vids...just like to save all my faves. And watch my fave youtube web shows.

I was initially against Facebook thinking "Nah...it's stupid" but back in December I discovered some of my family members that I hardly ever talk to are on there. So to me it's a great place to keep in contact with my family. I've got like 10 cousins, 2 aunts, and my mom all on Facebook on my We're Related list. Facebook also has all these Genealogy groups! I even found a Descendents of Levi Jackman (my great-great-great-great grandfather) group!! So thru Facebook I've gained tons and tons of more relatives! *lol* There's also some very adicting games like Farm Town, Yoville, and My Zoo. There's even some celebs on there. A friend of mine is an up and coming comic book writer. He's done stuff for Marvel, DC, and some of the other companies.

Twitter...I was against from the start thinking it was lame. But it's really good for companies to update their customers on the latest shipments in and stuff. I was initially just "Nah...I don't need a Twitter..." but then some other companies I follow got on the Twitter bandwagon so I decided to join. I don't tweet (well actually I've tweeted maybe 2 times...mostly to tweet back to my mom...yeah...she got a Twitter too ) I just mostly read the latest posts by the people I follow. Twitter is like stalking for lazy people.

"Oh I follow Brent Spiner..."
"Stalker!!"
"no...On twitter!"

Have I mentioned yet how insane Brent Spiner is?? Him and Warren Ellis (a writer for Marvel and DC) both nutters.

deboe
# Posted: 27 Jul 2009 22:55

For Babel's Idea, how about an RSS feed on the front page that someone updates? then people can pull the RSS feed to their own sites...

iain
# Posted: 28 Jul 2009 09:59 · Edited by: iain

Quoting: deboe
For Babel's Idea, how about an RSS feed on the front page that someone updates? then people can pull the RSS feed to their own sites...

We have a (half baked) RSS feed for the Updates Board that I whipped up a few years ago. Is this of any use? http://outpost10f.com/cgi-bin/updates_rss.fcgi

Also, a (more fully baked) RSS feed for the forums, that I wrote a while back: http://forums.outpost10f.com/minibb/rss2.php

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.023
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0