· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Computers computers computers!
kaela_donos
# Posted: 20 Dec 2009 03:59

Help Help Help!

What we have

Mom has a mac mini with windows on it

We have a 5 year old top of the line for that time lap top with a broken screen that is hooked up to a monitor but is compacted to turn off and on. It's still a good computer, it's just now a tower, a confusing tower.

I have a laptop, with xp that is .. Having problems, my laptop is my life and at school it's my only computer. (I am a Photoshop/illustrator/trillian/skype/firefox all at the sametime user)

Dad is 82, the broken laptop tower system is far to confusing, he uses the mac mini (even though he doesn't know how to turn it on) but that causes problems because he messes with mom's stuff. He cheeks email, writes papers. He has big fingers.

He, in theory, has a laptop, but it was dirt cheep and it takes 30mins to turn on. My brother has held it hostage.

I have a small budget, as cheep as I can get it

So I want a system that works for dad, and I would rather have two computers at school

my brother (the hostage holder) told me to give up and tells me nothing will work.

I don't know what to do!
Mom is unhappy, dad's unhappy and i am unhappy! and giving up isn't an option despite Verns negativism

if anyone else has a problem or a solution?

tycho
# Posted: 21 Dec 2009 10:10 · Edited by: tycho

Quoting: kaela_donos
Mom has a mac mini with windows on it
- FAIL

Why is your brother keeping your fathers laptop?

kaela_donos
# Posted: 22 Dec 2009 05:41

noo it works well! it has boot camp on it! so it has both a mac side and a windows side, she has both so someday she uses the mac side, sometimes she uses the windows side, so she can have any program she wants! it's fun her system works really really well for her!

he says it doesn't work, and it's not worth giving back so he wont give it back, eh says it's a waste of time!

david1
# Posted: 22 Dec 2009 09:50

I would say keep an eye out on the ebay for a dirt cheap new computer - 5 years old ... to put into perspective, my computer is considered "old" and its only 9 months old... technology moves too fast for my wallet .

Anyway if you keep an eye on ebay I think you might pick up a bargain (but only form a reputed seller, i wouldnt touch anyone with less then a 100 rating if i was doing a large shop lol I dont spend more in money then the seller has rating i.e. 50 rating means I wouldnt spend more then £50 lol)

kaela_donos
# Posted: 30 Dec 2009 09:44

oh ebay! it does solve most problems!

i fixed the problem by having mom expand the budget! sad but true! i also have started informing my brother instead of asking it makes most of us happier!

i also think i am an info hoarder :/ i donate old clothing and sort though my room, i only have one junk box. (where do you put a yoyo, odd pens and things you don't rellly know what they are but look imported ish ?!) but omg, i have reducent files Everywhere! and on my desk top there is a ketch all fold named "sortyoulazyperson" ah it's true!

Thank you all you all ROCK!

i really do <3 otf!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.016
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0