· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / anyone pre order star trek oneline or plan on getting it
matt
# Posted: 15 Jan 2010 13:12

the launch is a lil over two weeks away (feb 2nd) im asking because i have already preordered my copy from gamestop and i am wondering who of my old friends i may see in game. an otf fleet would be cool if their is enough of us

dierna
# Posted: 15 Jan 2010 21:20

Eh I dunno.. I might get it in a couple months. Right now Im saving money for Emerald City Comic Con (yes...Im actually going). Really it all depends on how much the game costs a month. :/

matt
# Posted: 15 Jan 2010 22:11

15 bucks a month which i dont think is to bad seeing as how i spend 50 bucks a week on ciggerettes

master_chief
# Posted: 15 Jan 2010 22:15

I'm already playing the beta. It's really awesome! I'm up to LT level 5. Lots of fun things to do. It's really, really worth it!

david1
# Posted: 17 Jan 2010 18:53 · Edited by: david1

im very tempted to get this, im just not sure about the "recurring fee's" anyone knwo the price of the uk monthly thing?

best buy from steam i think... have a look
http://store.steampowered.com/app/901222/

lzrman
# Posted: 18 Jan 2010 07:46

They have a lifetime membership for the price of 2yrs just a thought

matt
# Posted: 18 Jan 2010 21:54

these are gona be a long two weeks

david1
# Posted: 19 Jan 2010 07:27

right - ive got the game - (downloading pre-order on steam)

and ive also got the lifetime membership, as i can easily see myself playing the game for more then 2 years which would make its financially more sensible to get a lifetime membership LMFAO.

lzrman
# Posted: 19 Jan 2010 18:32

..... still debating on getting it !

aeon
# Posted: 20 Jan 2010 12:00

I like the Beta so far, even though PVP sucks majorly. It's just not challenging at all. But then I was never a real PVP fan anyway, and quite frankly I don't understand why they always include a PVP part in any MMO when nobody really cares about it anyway and whines about how much it sucks. Anyway... the missions are awesome. Thinking about getting a lifetime subscription so I can haz a playable Borg.

matt
# Posted: 20 Jan 2010 12:48

im trying to not pay attention to the sto fourem man there are some cry babies on their that want way to much there requests are unrealistic and their being unreasonable....

david1
# Posted: 21 Jan 2010 16:28

thats just it, the world is so diverse, people will want what they want in it lol. it will come, but probabily in about another 4 or 5 expansioons lol.

ajcardall
# Posted: 21 Jan 2010 20:00

My computer is the suck, so I shall not. Not yet, anyway

Stick to SWG for now

matt
# Posted: 23 Jan 2010 12:54

i thought swg was a ghost town?

ajcardall
# Posted: 26 Jan 2010 18:41

Ah it's not too bad to be honest mate. Perhaps not as busy as it once was, but I find it busy enough for decent heroics, instances, pvp etc...

Been thinking more and more about getting STO, though. Thing I'm not too keen on is you can only be Fed/Klingon =/

You folks who are beta'ing, what's it like to play? A-Duck?

david1
# Posted: 26 Jan 2010 22:33

i thin ktheyre limiting it so they can make more money by bringing out packs in the future i.e. like borg specific, klingon, dominion etc just to keep giving the game a new lease of life

ajcardall
# Posted: 26 Jan 2010 22:41

Ah well I decided to pre-order anyway. If my computer struggles, than it can damn well struggle manfully!

stav219
# Posted: 28 Jan 2010 00:11

Protip - any game that offers the chance of a lifetime membership is confident that their game will fail before they've made a profit out of the userbase.

STO, by all accounts, is a steaming pile of cat pooh, and it'll fail miserably like every other MMO that offered lifetime membership.

Also, it's the most solitary MMO out there.

You want space MMO, play Eve Online.

Tin.

Yeah, that's right - I forum.

matt
# Posted: 29 Jan 2010 13:09

tin i understand ur pov it sounds very logical. however theres another side im considering 1 the ip is to huge to fail but anything can happen

2if it fails cryptic will suffer the worst backlash any game compony ever has.this game is so wildly known, and CBS and paramount are working very closely with them. if it fails cbs and paramount will probally make it so wildly known that cryptic screwed up they will have a hell of a time trying to get a liesence to make any other game thus ending thm forever.

i personally believe this game will achive greatness, though it wont be off the bat

lets not forget this game has been in the works in one form or another for 9 years, it started as a mmo for the ps2 in2001 and folded six months later. then propetual picked it up and there eyes were bigger then there pocketbooks, their visions could never been made into reality. so cryptic has their work cut out for them it shows major balls to pick up this project

and from how i understand it new factions like dominion romulan cardassian are to be content updates which are free the expanions that we will have to pay again for are to explore the delta and gamma quadrants

stav219
# Posted: 29 Jan 2010 19:10

I don't think it shows major balls to pick up this project, I think it shows greed and a lack of vision. They've taken someone else's idea and proceeded to milk it for as much cash as they can before it inevitably folds in on itself.

STO will fail, you mark my words.

Tin.

jd
# Posted: 31 Jan 2010 19:25

From what I understand, Lord of The Rings Online is still going pretty well, despite their lifetime memberships. There may or may not be others, that's just the only one I can remember having to try to talk people into buying. I think STO mainly depends on how Cryptic chooses to deal with the various gameplay issues it's suffering from.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.027
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0