· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Star Trek Online
lzrman
# Posted: 30 Jan 2010 23:53

In Star Trek Online, the Star Trek universe will appear for the first time on a truly massive scale.

In this massively multiplayer online game from Cryptic Studios, players can pioneer their own destiny as Captain of a Federation starship. Or, they can become a Klingon Warlord and expand the Empire to the far reaches of the galaxy.

Players will have the opportunity to visit iconic locations from the popular Star Trek fiction, reach out to unexplored star systems, and make contact with new alien species. With Episode Missions, every moment spent playing Star Trek Online will feel like a new Star Trek episode in which you are the star.

Immerse yourself in the future of the Trek universe as it moves into the 25th century: a time of shifting alliances and new discoveries.

So who's getting Star Trek Online, Who already has it?

Are you going to be purchasing the life time subscription that expires for purchase Feb 1st ? Or are you gonna try it out on a month to month basis?

Would you like sections of the OTF Forums to be split in to an area for "Star Trek Online" to discuss with OTF Players your strats and stuff?

Lzrman

demonvamp
# Posted: 31 Jan 2010 02:04

How much is it month to month?

lzrman
# Posted: 31 Jan 2010 04:08 · Edited by: lzrman

http://www.startrekonline.com/subscribe

There is a Lifetime subscription that cost almost the same as a 2 year membership which expires February 1st!

david1
# Posted: 31 Jan 2010 17:21

I have it, the beta is pretty awesome, dont know about its longegivity though, however ive signed up to lifetime subscription

aeon
# Posted: 31 Jan 2010 18:28

Ditto; I'm getting a lifetime subscription but only because I want to play Borg.

jd
# Posted: 31 Jan 2010 19:01

I'll probably pick it up sometime next month, as I am indeed a giant nerd.

ajcardall
# Posted: 31 Jan 2010 19:03

I'm concerned by what Tin-Dave said about MMOs who offer Lifetime membership deals.

jd
# Posted: 31 Jan 2010 19:19

It's a good point, but given their other MMOs you should at least be able to get your money's worth before they take it down. They launched City of Heroes which offers kind of the same gameplay formula, and it's been going since 2004.

matt
# Posted: 1 Feb 2010 12:25

aj i wouldent worry to much mate, all mmo's live and die by the sword its just a chance ya take with that genre which im sure you know. what u wana ask yourself is do u want to wait a year to se if it goes stagnent or if it fluishes. and also do you think you will get as much if not more enjoyment from playing this game as you would any other game? i cant tell you for sure that 30 to 45 days after launch there is gona be a massive content add on , and they have additions planed for the rest of this year and beginn of next year

i pre purchessedsto the colectors edition from gamestop (i wantedthe comm badge and the hardbound manual and artbook) it also comes with three free 7 10 or 14 day guest passes if some of my treky cousins arnt interested ill gladly give you one if you would like

3of8
# Posted: 2 Feb 2010 21:04

well just looked at the specs requirements and my laptop is no where near powerful enough,plus i dont have a credit card,the time or patience to start at the bottom and level up

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0