· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Greatest bad-guy theme music/song?
ajcardall
# Posted: 16 Feb 2010 15:21

Ok, a bit of a geeky one, but what do you folks rate as your favourite theme/song for a bad guy?

I'm torn between either Darth Vader (Imperial March) and Sauron (Don't know what it's called, but you surely all know it). Both pretty epic pieces of music.

Incidentally, these are the two films (well, series of films, I guess) that have the greatest overall soundtracks.

What's your favourite? Anything a little more unusual?

stardreamer
# Posted: 16 Feb 2010 20:23

Darn you AJ! You took one of mine!! I'm with Darth Vader, and
The Imperial March

daecrist
# Posted: 16 Feb 2010 20:50

I'd vote for Ming the Merciless in the Flash Gordon movies or Jareth the Goblin King in Labyrinth.

Anyone who has their theme done by Queen or has their theme sung by (and is) David Bowie automatically wins.

darth_balco
# Posted: 16 Feb 2010 22:03

I like Those Chosen By The Planet and One Winged Angel done by Nobou Utematsu, Sephiroth's themes from Final Fantasy VII.

dierna
# Posted: 16 Feb 2010 23:44

Quoting: daecrist
Jareth the Goblin King in Labyrinth.

Indeed... Jareth's theme rox! I also like Scar's theme from Lion King and Poor Unfortunate Souls (Ursula's song) from Little Mermaid.

shakeycat
# Posted: 17 Feb 2010 07:34

Veruca Salt's "I Want It Now!"
"Springtime for Hitler"
"Der Hölle Rache" from The Magic Flute
"Cellblock Tango", Chicago

Dierna - good point, Disney has some awesome themes. "Be Prepared" was quite catchy.

majin_fett
# Posted: 17 Feb 2010 08:01

The Joker's theme from The Dark Knight, as can be heard on the track "Why So Serious" on the soundtrack.

And I always seemed to know when the Nazis were on the move in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade", due to awesome music.

Some villains, like the T-101 from the original "Terminator" and the shark in "Jaws", were accompanied by such simple music, but the key was that it was effective.

majin_fett
# Posted: 17 Feb 2010 08:04

Quoting: daecrist
Anyone who has their theme done by Queen or has their theme sung by (and is) David Bowie automatically wins.

The Kurgan in the original "Highlander" had Queen music as his theme song, so yes, I agree.

darth_balco
# Posted: 17 Feb 2010 23:21

I also like No Chance and the New World Order theme songs because whenever they played, someone was about to have the tar stomped out of them by like 20 guys, it was amazing.

david1
# Posted: 19 Feb 2010 18:39

na na na na na na na nan an ananan nana nana BATMAN FTW \/

....wait best badguy .... ffs

Has to be Dark Knight Joker music, maybe because its so fresh in my head? or maybe because it actually send s shivers down my spine, no other tune has been able to do that to me ....

... reminds me, i shall watch it tongiht -)

cowhunter
# Posted: 19 Feb 2010 22:23

The Imperial March, without a doubt...

dierna
# Posted: 24 Feb 2010 06:08

Oh hey... looks like the Nostalgia critic agrees with us somewhat.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatgu ywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/17640-top-11-vill ian-songs

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.016
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0