· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / OTF Simming!!
<< . 1 . 2 .
daecrist
# Posted: 11 Jun 2010 18:37

I'm going to emerge from the murky depths for an old man rant of my own. I got my start at OTF in simming, was simming TL for some time, and was the person who let quincy run the show after I moved on to FY DSC back in the day.

So simming is what put me on the map, as it were, and set me down the path to where I am today footing the bill for this place. Good? Bad? I'm the guy holding the credit card.

Anyways. Simming was a phenomenal success when Tanya, Wedge, Iain, Kaela and I were running live simms in the chat room. We came up with a new premise every week and we usually had a full chat room of people. There were enough people coming to simming events that we were able to sustain a healthy rivalry with Trivia of all things!

All you need are people who are interested in running good simms, coming up with good premises, and holding them in the chat. If you run them, they will come. Sure you're going to have people who get frustrated or annoyed with the way that you do things, but knowing how to filter out the noise of those who feel you've impugned their honor and slighted them over something silly in a chat room that you're attending for fun is one of the keys to successful leadership here at OTF.

So I, for one, welcome this effort to bring simming back on track. Sure it's languished these past couple of years, but it used to be a big thing. We organized things like the Section 31 takeover of OTF. I blew up the chat rooms in the name of a month long celebration of the release of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Simming can be great as long as you think way outside the *I hack with my lightsbr nd u die lulz* box.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to get back to the business of pulling the thousands of behind the scenes strings necessary to keep this place running. Toodles!

majin_fett
# Posted: 11 Jun 2010 18:59

Trivia will prevail!!!!

daecrist
# Posted: 11 Jun 2010 21:50

Quoting: majin_fett
Trivia will prevail!!!!

I think that battle has already been well and truly won. Although the former simming team is now running the place, so it all works out on balance.

david1
# Posted: 11 Jun 2010 23:56

I think a new battle is required to begin then. =)

jamesgilfoyle
# Posted: 18 Jun 2010 13:03

Was just wondering if there is any way to change the layout of Mission Posts slightly? Or is this the usual way that they are structured? Just wondering because I'm used to PBP RPGs (forum based) where you are able to view posts in series... I keep getting confused as to where I have read up to, who is who, who is doing what and where everyone is :S

shakeycat
# Posted: 19 Jun 2010 00:16

We're reviving live simming?

Wedge, Kaela, HAL, I want a premise from each of you on my desk by Monday morning. And if you see Taurik anywhere, remind him that he is still on the team and should be assisting next weekend.

ayanna
# Posted: 19 Jun 2010 07:43

I don't think we are bringing back the In-chat sims but i could be wrong. last i heard i think we had decided against it for now.

david1
# Posted: 19 Jun 2010 09:22

I persoanlly have nothing against it, if there is enough interest, who knows

trekky
# Posted: 4 Mar 2013 15:11

Count Me in (Tro'Gok) I love role playing

mohdanni
# Posted: 8 Mar 2013 02:33

sounds great! I know there are lots who would do this but are looking on from the sidelines to see if someone will actually start it.

If you're going to Mordor with this one "you will have my axe" with you!

Deus

quincyw
# Posted: 8 Mar 2013 07:11

If you want a suggestion, start it in the forums. Someone create a sim concept, such as say, Captain of a Starship, start posting, others jump in as various crew members. Get people posting In Character, learn a few lessons, apply solutions, go from there.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0