· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Real-time chat
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 .
david1
# Posted: 29 Aug 2010 14:48 · Edited by: david1

just wondering if you have considered removing the empty <p></p> which is generating all the gaps between posts (according to my "inspector" anyway!)? or is that deliberately left there?

In fact i copied some code and removing the <p></p> did remove that gap......

iain
# Posted: 30 Aug 2010 13:12

Quoting: david1

just wondering if you have considered removing the empty <p></p> which is generating all the gaps between posts (according to my "inspector" anyway!)? or is that deliberately left there?

The gaps are meant to be the same as before real-time chat, so this is unintentional. Sorry about that.

Using Firefox (and the Web Developer extension), I'm not seeing the empty <p>s - so it's not immediately obvious to me what's happened. Which browser are you using? And please could you upload (or email to me) a screenshot of how consecutive chat posts look to you? Thanks, David!

david1
# Posted: 30 Aug 2010 16:37 · Edited by: david1

Using google chrome, and the code inspector. the <p></p> is added between the table and div close tags.

copy and pasting the code into dreamweaver and removing the <p></p> actually removes the big gap completly between the posts.

Screenshot of the p's in the code inspector
How the page looks for me

even reading the page raw through firefox you see these <p></p> everywhere....
Example

ive highlighted some as its hard reading through it on photoshop LOL

Hope this helps

edit: also if a gap is required could there just be a bottem border added on the divs of x thickness? would be more apropriate then an empty <p></p> lol

iain
# Posted: 9 Sep 2010 20:43

Quoting: david1
edit: also if a gap is required could there just be a bottem border added on the divs of x thickness? would be more apropriate then an empty <p></p> lol

Aha! Got you, thanks. Yes, I agree with you entirely; styles are the way to go. I have added to the to-do list.

deboe
# Posted: 15 Sep 2010 20:51

Am I missing something or did we lose the functionality to view old messages?

iain
# Posted: 15 Sep 2010 21:14

You didn't miss anything. People have requested the functionality back, though, so I'll roll something out soon.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.104
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0