· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Communications
ajcardall
# Posted: 19 Jun 2010 14:35

Hello folks,

You're probably away via the updates board that we are at present looking to see if we can't reinstate the Communications department following the success over at Entertainment. One of the things we are looking to do is to ensure that the new department is less bloated and more efficient than previous, with a simpler, clearer goal.

This is not an attack or slight against anyone what so ever, but I am sure most people are in agreement there has been a lack of discussion, announcements and openness at times, and it can be frustrating for all parties involved. We believe that a reformed Communications department could focus on the "PR" aspect and ensure regular news is delivered about goings on around the Outpost, future plans, as well as providing a place for people to discuss changes, suggest new ones and just make their own voice heard around the place.

Being a community based website, it is important that the community does get involved, people work together and not alongside each other, and there is a forum for people to, as state, inform and discuss.

I would like to hear of any suggestions that anyone may have to help expediate this process. Are there things you want to see more of? Would a weekly/monthly update on future plans be helpful? How do you feel your voice will be better heard?

We are not wanting to go back to the "good old days", because that just isn't viable: instead we should look to newer, brighter things down the line. So if you have any suggestions and comments on that you would like to see a Communications department offer, then please air them here. If there's anything you feel should be introduced, brought back or even removed, then let's hear it!

jd
# Posted: 19 Jun 2010 18:20

Hmm...we used to try to do that by having the various department leaders send in an end of month status and post it in the Tribune, but that obviously didn't work, for various reasons. Maybe we could have someone sign up for the various department lists, and have them generate the monthly updates from the message traffic? Just attaching this to the Blue Report would make the most sense, as if I recall that was why the project was started in the first place. Admittedly, this would probably involve reading a massive about of email at times, and the reports would need to be okayed by the related DH, plus probably a slew of other problems I can't think of at the moment. Just a thought.

ayanna
# Posted: 19 Jun 2010 21:35

Well i know the One-zero Division used to devote the Blue Report for keeping the OTF community updated on what was happening around the outpost but obiviously the Blue Report has changed over the years.

dierna
# Posted: 20 Jun 2010 04:28

Whatever happened to the blog idea?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.035
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0