· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / I need help with iPod Touch
tim_farris
# Posted: 21 Jun 2010 04:39

I have an iPod touch. I cannot get it to connect to itunes or to my pc. At first I thought it was the cable but now am having second thoughts. It is showing me a black screen with a USB cable and an iTunes logo on the iPod screen. I cant get it to do any thing else. iTunes has downloaded the ipod software about thirty times now and it still is not working IDKWTF is goin on but any one who knows please help me out.

david1
# Posted: 21 Jun 2010 08:56

from tbhe itunes website:
The Hold switch may be on. Check the Hold switch to make sure it's not in the locked position. Unlock it, and try using iPod again. Tip: Even if the Hold switch is already in the unlocked position, it's sometimes helpful to toggle it so it's locked and unlocked again.

also, is your ipod jailbroken? <- this error is very commen with jailbroken ipod touches. Also its less but still quite commen with un-jailbroken ipods.

Its nearly impossible for "brick" the ipod touch, so I wouldnt worry about looseing your money.

deboe
# Posted: 21 Jun 2010 14:30

i think there's a trick where you hold the hold button and the home button for like 15 seconds..

stav219
# Posted: 21 Jun 2010 17:42

^^ this.

It resets the iPod and should work okay again afterwards.

tim_farris
# Posted: 21 Jun 2010 19:36

I have already tried all of these Im at the conclusion it is the connection cable. Plus Touches do not have a hold button only "Screen Sleep/power key" and a "Home Key"

david1
# Posted: 21 Jun 2010 19:57

well thats from the itunes website for the ipod touch, so hmmm, idk

ajcardall
# Posted: 21 Jun 2010 20:03

Did you try the power/home button for 15 seconds?

tim_farris
# Posted: 21 Jun 2010 20:40

yes i have

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.013
Online now: Guests - 5
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0