· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Priest 3D
skevington
# Posted: 7 May 2011 21:59

So yet again I went to see another newly released movie. This time the film of choice was Priest 3D. Apparently it is derived from a graphic novel I have never read (nor plan to).

Is anyone planning to see this movie? Or has anyone seen it already?

I was struck by the trailer which was impressive though am a little less impressed by the movie itself. The 3D in the film was quite weak and added very little to the movie. Sometimes you see 3D which makes you go 'wow' though there was none of that in this movie. I think for many good reasons does it only have a 4/10 on rotten tomatoes.

The movie started quite strong. I liked the dark depiction of the alternate world and the church but soon enough it all became somehow very cliché with the defiant and broken hero, the innocent young girl stolen away in the dead of night by vampires. Complete with pure white dress.

The vampires in the movie appeared to be stolen from the Alien movies and some of the scenes (such as the train) were a re-creation of scenes from other action movies.

So all in all it was a fair movie, deserves the 4/10 it got, and if I were you I'd wait for the DVD.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0