· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Prometheus - What did you think?
generalmax
# Posted: 6 Jun 2012 12:00

Whether you consider it to be a prequel or a sequel, British director Sir Ridley Scott's Prometheus is one highly-anticipated movie.

What did you think of the movie?

Please review & rate accordingly

5 Stars = Classic
4 Stars = Excellent
3 Stars = Good
2 Stars = Fair
1 Star = Tragic

Many thanks,

Max

mohdanni
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 18:55

4 * excellent...the plot was not entirely clear, but it was a fascinating movie with loads of special effects and a moving story line.

////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////////////////////////////////
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////////////////////////////////

The placement of the Engineer's body does not match that of the original ALIEN movie

I had hoped for a more intelligent interchange with the Engineer

mohdanni
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 19:19

Also an abdminal wall incision will render you unable to do most anything for a long time

mohdanni
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 19:27

plot questions:

1)Did the "engineer" at the beginning of the movie drink the same goo that was in the cannisters in order to have his DNA evolve into humans?

2) Why did they wish to destroy Earth?

3) was each cannister a different type of deadly life form?

4) What were they running from?

5) What were the other ships for?

you can only make guesses at these I believe.

6) will there be another Prometheus movie?

generalmax
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 20:13

I enjoyed Prometheus as a stand alone movie but the ending didn't seem right.

In ALIEN the crew board the horse shoe shaped ship and find the engineer/space Jockey at his console

How did he get back there? As at the end of Prometheus he died in the life craft after the Alien (which I assume is a Queen) breaks out of his chest.

Is it the same ship / planet? The planet is not LV426

mohdanni
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 20:27

LV433 I believe is the planet that Prometheus went to...I guess it's a different ship?? Alien of some sort burst out during flight and it crash landed?

mohdanni
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 20:29

did you catch the "alien" type creature relief on the wall of the chamber (the one where the head was found) ??

also, it appears the cannisters are sensitive to humidity??

can't wait to see it on bluRay and analyze it...

generalmax
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 20:38

Quoting: mohdanni
plot questions:

1)Did the "engineer" at the beginning of the movie drink the same goo that was in the cannisters in order to have his DNA evolve into humans?

2) Why did they wish to destroy Earth?

3) was each cannister a different type of deadly life form?

4) What were they running from?

5) What were the other ships for?

you can only make guesses at these I believe.

6) will there be another Prometheus movie?

1) Yes, I believe he did
2) Not sure. Probably didn't like what they had created
3) I thought the same
4) I'm not entirely sure what the Space Jockeys were running from?
5) Do you mean the flying saucer at the begining of the movie?
6) Well, there's certainly scope for another movie - The adventures of Dr Elizabeth Shaw & David

generalmax
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 20:43

did you catch the "alien" type creature relief on the wall of the chamber (the one where the head was found) ??

Yeah, the mural that looked like it was made from mercury. Part of the mural resembled the head crest of the alien queen.

mohdanni
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 21:07

I meant the other horseshoe ships...I assume they upgraded their designs after 35,000 + years.

David told her that the one that crashed was not the only ship...and we see them rocket away in it at the end.

generalmax
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 21:13

Yes, the landing site had, I think, three or four of those mounds with horseshoe ships concealed.

mohdanni
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 21:13

did you see the nazca lines too?

generalmax
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 21:29

did you see the nazca lines too?

Yes I did. I must admit, I'm tempted to go watch it again. I'm sure there's loads of stuff that I have missed.

I watched it in 3D originally ... I may go on a cheap night & watch it normally.

mohdanni
# Posted: 8 Jun 2012 21:34

I saw it in 2D and I am glad I did.

mohdanni
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 20:36

Ok, someone at work made the connection that Earth was filled with humans so they could be incubators of the Aliens...

mohdanni
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 20:37

The planet in Prometheus is LV423, but in Alien it is LV426 ...

mohdanni
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 20:38

this would explain the pilot not being in the correct position

generalmax
# Posted: 14 Jun 2012 19:45

I need to closely inspect the final crash position of Horseshoe ship in Alien & Prometheus & compare

mohdanni
# Posted: 14 Jun 2012 20:10

link to video review URL

7of24
# Posted: 15 Jun 2012 19:38

I for one havent seen prometheus yet, but you got to take in to consideration that we dont know alot of facts bout the race that created the horseshoe ship in alien, and from I can tell the one that is in prometheus, or even alot of facts of where the 'alien' race came from either.

we know that the 'predator' race had some connection with the 'alien' race depending on what you can gleem from pred 2, the crossover books, and those two cheap avp movies that came out a few years back. but we still in the dark bout alot of other details bout the 'alien' race and how they came in contact with the race that created the horseshoe ships.

josswetalos
# Posted: 22 Jun 2012 17:25 · Edited by: josswetalos

Saw it in 3-D. Loved being immersed in the somewhat retro sci-fantasy feel of the film. I thought that was a nice return to Ridley's original concepts. I was inspired to watch "First Spaceship To Venus" 1960, and sit with some old issues of HeavyMetal magazine for a little while. Love the bubble helmet suits!

Some of the noteworthy crossovers to the original film were cute. The "do not approach" distress call that the Nostromo crew encounter in Alien. Maybe they'll make jumbo sized space jockeys to go with the Shogun Warrior size Alien figures now. Fire fist!

My GF had to stay up late that night due to the nightmares that she knew she would encounter if she didn't take her mind off the xno biomorph weapons! Or; Giger aliens... Or..Whatever you want to call em.

I had fun. I didn't think it was worth it at first, but I enjoyed it.

josswetalos
# Posted: 22 Jun 2012 17:36 · Edited by: josswetalos

As an afterthought, I will say that they should have hired a real old person. That old man make-up job was really distracting. It reminded me of the old person make-up from JackAss The Movie. I wanted to push his wheelchair through traffic or something. 8 out of 10 penis monsters just because it would have been such a huge improvement to beautifully photograph a real aging, weathered human being rather than confronting us with this Marylin Manson stage creation.

That said, it was pretty cool.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.030
Online now: Guests - 8
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0