· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / R.I.P. Ray Bradbury
generalmax
# Posted: 6 Jun 2012 18:48

Ray Douglas Bradbury (August 22, 1920 – June 5, 2012) was an American fantasy, horror, science fiction, and mystery writer. Best known for his dystopian novel Fahrenheit 451 (1953) and for the science fiction stories gathered together as The Martian Chronicles (1950) and The Illustrated Man (1951), Bradbury was one of the most celebrated among 20th century American writers of speculative fiction. Many of Bradbury's works have been adapted into television shows or films.

Bradbury died in Los Angeles, California, on June 5, 2012, at the age of 91, after a "lengthy illness".

The New York Times' obituary stated that Bradbury was "the writer most responsible for bringing modern science fiction into the literary mainstream." The Los Angeles Times credited Bradbury with the ability "to write lyrically and evocatively of lands an imagination away, worlds he anchored in the here and now with a sense of visual clarity and small-town familiarity". Bradbury's grandson, Danny Karapetian, stated that Bradbury's works had "influenced so many artists, writers, teachers, scientists, and it's always really touching and comforting to hear their stories". Several celebrity fans of Bradbury paid tribute to the author by stating the influence of his works on their own careers and creations.

God Bless.

josswetalos
# Posted: 22 Jun 2012 22:17

I was a HUGE fan of this man. He was one of the people who made me who I am today as an author, and artist. I grew up on Bradbury, King, and Asimov. I am constantly at ods with communicating with someone who is about to die, and I can't reach them in time...and they die. Is this a curse? Srry. R.I.P. Mr. Bradbury. You will be missed through grinding teeth, and a clutched sword. Damn you reaper!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.015
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0