· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / Transformers 4 to go into space?
generalmax
# Posted: 22 Jun 2012 10:57

Michael Bay is to direct the fourth Transformers movie

Transformers 4 could see the robots heading into a different dimension, director Michael Bay has hinted.

The filmmaker, who directed the previous three films and is set to take control of the fourth - and his final - instalment in the series featuring the giant robots, also said that the upcoming follow-up is not a "reboot".

"I want to go a little off but I don't want to go too sci-fi. I still want to keep it grounded. That's what works in these movies, that's what makes it accessible," he suggested to the Los Angeles Times.

He added: "It's not a reboot, that's maybe the wrong word. I don't want to say reboot because then people will think we're doing a Spider-Man and starting from the beginning. We're not. We're taking the story that you've seen - the story we've told in three movies already - and we're taking it in a new direction. But we're leaving those three as the history. It all still counts."

Michael, who is currently working on comedy action film Pain And Gain, has commissioned Ehren Kruger to write the screenplay for Transformers 4, which is scheduled for a 2014 release.

"I met with the writer before I went off to do Pain And Gain and we talked about a bunch of ideas. We let that simmer for a bit," he said.

"He's been thinking about stuff and now we're getting back together next week to see what we've got and to see if it gels."

Michael is ready to hand over the Transformers franchise to another director.

"Here's the thing, it's tough to find someone who's done these kind of movies and to have the complication of creating the new stuff that needs to be in this movie - not just characters but a new type of action, I hope - and that's a lot for someone new to bite off," he continued.

"And so after this one I will leave it in the best hands possible. That's the plan."

josswetalos
# Posted: 22 Jun 2012 21:18

Iv'e liked his work so far in the series. It is his own invention in the progress of the Transformers universe. So I'm interested in that respect. Even though I liked the original story of Teletran 1 being stuck in a volcano, while the Decepticons raise hell. Loquacious, and sociable Bumblebee, and Optimus show up after thousands of years of hibernation, and a slot is made for the Dinobots, Minicons, ect, ect to emerge. War on earth Marvel comics style.With Casey Kasem doing a great job, as usual, as multiple voices.

Taking the smash up robot cyborg series into infinate space sounds like a swilling blast! I hope they blow Optimus's nuts off! I hope Megatron anal rapes Bumblebee. And a disco station comes in on that little radio voice of his! I'm sure it'll be fine. Meteor landings that do not resemble War Of The Worlds in any way! Orson Welles's last movie was The Transformers 1985 movie. Seriously; great film! That's the only connection I can see! Why rewrite it to look like a recent Speilberg flop? Who knows.

I enjoy it. Whatever they do will be in that range. I'm waiting.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.023
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0