· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / General Chatter / ipod to car stereo cassette adaptor
mitsky
# Posted: 28 Jul 2012 14:25

I've got an adaptor which works fairly well for a while but then starts clicking (auto-reversing) meaning the playback is messed up.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Example of what it looks like is here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-CPA9-AE-Car-cassette- adaptor/dp/B00007EDLW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=13434 85457&sr=8-2

Thanks

quincyw
# Posted: 30 Jul 2012 11:14

Don't bother. I can say this from experience and as a voice of authority because I've worked six years in retail electronics, ironically selling these things (among many, many others), though badged with my company's logo for a home brand product.

While I can't really comment further on that score, I can tell you most electronics devices have a one year warranty. The 3.5mm to casette adaptors have only a ninety day warranty, which shows you how much faith the manufacturers have in it. It's to do with the mechanical, wear and tear factor, as well as the physical contact with the casette playing mechanisms.

Simply put, you can attempt to make a warranty claim, but my employer would say "after ninety days, bin it, buy another".

PS They cost AUD $29.95 so you're getting a bargain! (I think)

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.014
Online now: Guests - 2
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0