· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gaming / Final Fantasy XIII - Keep Spoilers to a Minimum
stevennorton
# Posted: 14 Mar 2010 18:25

First Impressions guys? Love the graphics, love the soundtrack. I'm not huge on the battle system. With auto-battle I feel like all I'm doing is keybinding and bashing my forehead.

...and I am stuck... 30 hours or so in, on Barthandelus in Oerba.

darth_balco
# Posted: 16 Mar 2010 02:44

I'm quite impressed with it. I'm on disc 2 aboard the Paramecia, leveling up my characters. I find the level system similar to the Sphere Grid in FFX. Have to agree on the battle system, it annoys me a bit.

stevennorton
# Posted: 17 Mar 2010 01:26

Disc two? Xbox *hiss* Finally got out of my rut after grinding a few hours and upgrading weapons and acc'ies.

stardreamer
# Posted: 23 Mar 2010 20:48

I can't wait till I get this game! It's on my birthday list. For some reason though, I believed it was a MMO lol.

krillen488
# Posted: 30 Mar 2010 23:36

i am a diehard FF fan, have been since i first picked up FFVII after it first came out but i too also got it on the XboX and have been playing it non stop since. I'm in power train mode after beating the game it's a pain in the arse the say the least but i loved the story line and the control scheme, it was simple to still complicated at the same time which makes it fun and ever changing.

darth_balco
# Posted: 31 Mar 2010 03:25

The boss battles were so difficult. Sometimes when you fight a lot of powerful or fast-attacking creatures, it was almost impossible to win.

krillen488
# Posted: 3 Apr 2010 16:29

it's just a matter of using the right paradigms to be able to beat any of the bosses... typically i stuck with relentless assault (com, rav, rav) because it builds chain meters quickly or if only 2 people i would usually rav, rav because it jumps the chain meter pretty quickly. It's also necessary to have a defensive healing Paradigm always built and ready or you stand almost no chance what so ever... typically i prefer Combat Clinic which if i remember correctly is sentinel medic medic.... either way it's all about the paradigms you choose. I completely crushed the final bosses in the game which were supposed to take about 20 minutes a piece, roughly, just because i had my paradigms set up correctly and i had my grids maxed out to that point in their set roles

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.043
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0