· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gaming / Hardware News For Windows 2000 (Client and Server) and Winows XP SP2 Users
david1
# Posted: 20 May 2010 10:19 · Edited by: david1

If your nto aware, microsoft is going to be dropping support for these and earlier operation system as of July this year.

Implications for you made simple:
1: You will no longer recieve any support from microsoft directly (i.e. Paid Support) if you encounter any problems, and you will also not recieve free support assistance.
2: Microsoft will no longer create updates for these operating systems, i.e. if someone finds a big hole/exploit in these operating systems, and build a virus or malware to exploit this hole, then microsoft wont built a patch to block it. So you will be 100% relient on your antivirus software company to find a solution. If they can.

What Can I Do
1. Windows XP Service Pack 2 User
Well there are 2 options open to you if your a Windows XP Service Pack 2 user. First is to just upgrade to windows 7 the latest and fastest operating system. Or secondly if you dont have money, all you need to do is upgrade your computer to Windows XP Service Pack 3. (This can be done via Internet Explorer's Windows Update utility, or the update button if you have microsoft update installed). Updating to Service pack 3 will be a good choice if you cant afford to upgrade to windows 7 as the company plans to terminate Windows XP on April 8, 2014, which gives you a few more years to save, by which time windows 8 will be out.

2. Windows 2000 Client And Server
Sadly its a different gun alltogether for windows 2000 users, as youve only got one option, if you wish to recieve security updates and patches. Upgrade to the latest operating system, or find a cheap copy of windows XP (with service pack 3).

XgermZ

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.015
Online now: Guests - 4
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0