Outpost 10F Forums / Gaming / Facebook Weekly game Review
ayanna
# Posted: 4 Jun 2010 23:02 · Edited by: ayanna

Game: Café World
Platform Style: Facebook
Review Date: June 4, 2010
Reviewed by: Commander Ayanna
Game Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!

So as we all know Facebook games are becoming more popular. So we decided that it was about time we started focusing on them as well as other platforms. In this weeks' review we will be focusing on a Game called Café World another great game by Zynga.

In this game you are in charge of creating your own Virtual Café by cooking different dishes from around the world. You can also decorate your Café any way you like with the coins you earn from making and serving the different dishes. Not only can you make your own café, but you can also visit your friends Café as well and help them out and earn coins and find specialty items that will help you out in the long run.

While overall this game is good it still has some of it's downfalls like every game does. One of the biggest downfalls I have found is the millions of request to send parts to friends. Some of the items do require the help of friends to build like the Super Stove. One other thing I have found that I'm not really fond of is that while your trying to do a few things it will popup windows asking if you would help out your friend. I have also come to dislike the popup that has been showing lately telling me that it's offering me a discounted price on buying the coins or café cash with real money. Overall though this game is one of the more exciting games even if it does have a few minor fallbacks.

david1
# Posted: 4 Jun 2010 23:36

thats one downfall of facebook ... the ANNOY your freinds bit which is in all the games, and thus cant be used agaisnt the game hehe.

Epic review though =)

robertwerner
# Posted: 5 Jun 2010 13:17

Great Review. I admit I have an addiction to Cafe World.

dierna
# Posted: 7 Jun 2010 00:40

I haven't gone into Cafe World in a while. Too busy trying to keep my people alive in MyTribe. *lol*

ayanna
# Posted: 14 Jun 2010 21:14

Game: Mafia Wars
Platform Style: Facebook
Review Date: June 14, 2010
Reviewed by: Commander Ayanna
Game Rating: 3 out of 5 stars!

The Setting London, New York, the job, kill others before they kill you and take over the family business. There are several ways you can succeed at becoming the don of the game. The First and most used is by completely jobs such as chasing away thugs, or roughing up dealers. Of course the higher up you get the harder the job becomes and the more energy is needed. Each job complete comes with rewards; some even come with specialty items that can be used in more advanced jobs.

The problems I have with this game though is that when you get to a certain level it eats up more energy which is what you need to do jobs. While you can receive Energy packs from your friends to continue on and gain a bit of advantage sometimes you might not get an Energy Pack for a day or two if no one sends them out. This can cause a bit of a dead zone in the game. You also have to wait for your stamina to build back up if you decide to fight or rob anyone making the game both interesting and kind of stagnant if you waiting for your health, energy and stamina to rebuild. One of the good things about this game though that I've noticed is that you don't get flooded as much as you do with the other games from friends wanting you to send gifts or accept gifts. Though I suppose Café World is a good game to play while playing this way have something to do while waiting for your energy to rebuild. Of course this is just one point of view. What are others thoughts on the game? Like? Dislike? Feel free to discuss it and any other game I review.

dierna
# Posted: 14 Jun 2010 21:49

I don't play Mafia wars but I have people wanting me to be in their mob so I just accept it. I think Im a level 30 or something and that's just from having tons of "family" *lol*

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.014
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0