· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gaming / Blacknova Traders thoughts and requests.
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . >>
jd
# Posted: 28 Jun 2010 11:17

Tanya and I had the idea earlier of putting together a BNT mailing list, so that players would have an easy way of finding out about bugs, updates, new rounds, etc.

Also, would it be possible to also show planets/owned sectors on the map once the are had been explored, or would that be too much of a pain to code?

david1
# Posted: 28 Jun 2010 18:28

Quoting: jd

Also, would it be possible to also show planets/owned sectors on the map once the are had been explored, or would that be too much of a pain to code?

So if you own a planet in sector X on the galactic map your system would show you mean? (good idea XD)

Quoting: jd
Tanya and I had the idea earlier of putting together a BNT mailing list, so that players would have an easy way of finding out about bugs, updates, new rounds, etc.

Mailing lists are a little more complex, due to privacy and such. Ill write an Email to hal, and ask for his opinions, advice and permissions and such.

ayanna
# Posted: 28 Jun 2010 20:26

Right so while i was playing BNT Today i was getting frustrated and wishing there was an easier way to transport Colonist to a planet without having to waste so many turns. I was thinking that once you bought the colonist then perhaps you could have some sort of way of going to your ship report page and maybe have a drop down link there that you could click to select which planet you wanted the Colonist transported to.

Or another possible way is to have it where you can transfer colonist from one planet to another planet in another sector. Like say if you have a planet that is close to having a maxed out planet or has a lot of colonist and you want to transfer some of those to another planet you could. I dunno this is just my mind rambling so it might not even be possible. *L*

jd
# Posted: 28 Jun 2010 20:50

You can just set up a trade route with sector 0 or some other special port though, so it's already super easy. This does mean that you may have like twenty trade routes set up with the same sector though.

david1
# Posted: 28 Jun 2010 21:12

what JD said

ayanna
# Posted: 28 Jun 2010 22:10

Oh okay, now i feel really dumb because i didn't know you could do that with trade roues *L*

jd
# Posted: 28 Jun 2010 23:34

Being able to launch fighters/mines from the planets would be convenient.

edwin13387
# Posted: 29 Jun 2010 08:41

i am not sure anymore,
but you can't bring fighters and torps as well this way right? might be nice to select what you want to transport

david1
# Posted: 29 Jun 2010 10:25

or that reminded me of "I Am Sure" he was another good player in the game XD.

Transporting figs and torps has been added to otf bnt game .

Not adding it to this game in the middle of the game as it woudl effect gameplay and would make it unfair on everyone.

alex1981m
# Posted: 29 Jun 2010 12:31

Ok...am I stupid or are you just so hard to understand?

Right now it is possible to make a trade route between one planet and another. You can also set if you want the ship to transport fighters, torps and/or colonists.

Doesn't that mean you can set your trade route to transport those things between planets? I haven't actualy tried, but it sounds logical to me...

Anyway...it sounds to me you're discussing something that is already possible.

david1
# Posted: 29 Jun 2010 13:53

yeah, thats what i meant .....

but in otf bnt there is an extra option of planetry transporter, which doesnt use turns , however does use credits XD

jd
# Posted: 29 Jun 2010 15:46

Ah, I was actually talking about launching fighters and such from the planets so they could join whatever sector defense forces are already there. That'd make it a lot more viable to set one of your planets as a fighter/mine factory.

alex1981m
# Posted: 29 Jun 2010 16:20

@JD

You'll have to do that by hand
But it's not so hard to do if you use more windows.
One turn to load at your planet and one turn to drop them in space...

It's also more fair to other players...that way you can't reinforce when you are not online...makes the game more fun.

jd
# Posted: 29 Jun 2010 16:54

Oh, I'm fine with doing it manually and using turns, I'd just like it to be a one step process instead of a three or four step one.

david1
# Posted: 29 Jun 2010 20:34

Problem is if we make everything too easy in the game, it wold take 10 mins to "play" and all people would end up doign is attacking, and we're trying to encourage 4 different styles of play and as such, we cant just skew everything in favour of the people who want to do things quick;y

alex1981m
# Posted: 30 Jun 2010 05:51

It's already only 2 steps...that's fair enough isn't it?

edwin13387
# Posted: 30 Jun 2010 07:57

Quoting: alex1981m
Ok...am I stupid or are you just so hard to understand?

realy want me to answer that???

but i am talking about from special to planet

alex1981m
# Posted: 30 Jun 2010 10:52

Quoting: edwin13387
but i am talking about from special to planet

Well, in that case it is you who is stupid...because you know just as well as I do that you can select what you want your ship to carry from a special port to your planets by trade route. In you can switch each of the 3 cargo's on or of. Colonists, fighters and torps.

edwin13387
# Posted: 30 Jun 2010 13:43

haha kinda forgot how to do that
but ill find out next round(btw kami sucksssssss costed 1.5 bil to remove 100k fighters haha)

david1
# Posted: 30 Jun 2010 19:30

why not re start and play again?

alex1981m
# Posted: 1 Jul 2010 04:19

Might be a good idea...depends on how long you want the testing to keep on going.
If you plan to have that done in a week or 2 we might better wait till the release of the OTF-BNT.

david1
# Posted: 1 Jul 2010 11:07

Im thinking of once internal beta testing finished, open it to a public beta testing, so the first round on otf WONT be a proper round. And classic is progressing quite nicely anyway XD

alex1981m
# Posted: 1 Jul 2010 12:45

Yeah, I am having fun.

But like said before...I am realy Missing the Sofa option. Right now I know 5 million figers on your planet is enough...only your bank needs better protection.

But I am glad we'll be seing it next round...when the real war starts.

By the way, if there are players willing to contribute to the downfall of HellKiller...please let me know. I could use a hand there.

I wanna make a classic assault like we used to have.

david1
# Posted: 1 Jul 2010 12:47

ohhh..... message people in game XD id love to watch this XD

alex1981m
# Posted: 1 Jul 2010 12:52 · Edited by: alex1981m

I am going to...just wait and see.

But need to think it out first. I wonder who he is too...At least I know it isn't you...because that would mean you are multi accounting here on the Outpost.

**edit**
I am beginning to doubt now. I was sure his name was Hellkiller before you could chose your own name...but I can't find a Hellkiller on the outpost member list. Who is he???
**edit**

sylvius
# Posted: 1 Jul 2010 19:18

Leave the game as it is, it's gradually coming back to me after all these years!

david1
# Posted: 2 Jul 2010 00:17

Im not editing the game, im ONLY doing bug fixes on "this" version

david1
# Posted: 2 Jul 2010 00:20 · Edited by: david1

Hellkiller. And this has made me think of somthing to poke Iain with. To email.

And Hellkiller played in the last 2 rounds we had at otf, very odd that he comes back the same day we get bnt back, makes me think hes a stalker hes prob plays bnt on alot of servers *hint hint*

edwin13387
# Posted: 2 Jul 2010 07:35

i gues i won't restart this round, its kinda useless.
all you can do is trade and transport colonists
so thats no way to climb the ranks. ill get stuck at 10th or something.

but ill keep watching here for the next round

shakeycat
# Posted: 2 Jul 2010 07:42

Yeah, it's not like we'll catch up to Hellkiller anyway. He'll just steal all our planets and game over.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.037
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0