· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Gaming / Blacknova Traders thoughts and requests.
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . >>
edwin13387
# Posted: 16 Jul 2010 07:09

owwww lol,
thank god i am stupid

edwin13387
# Posted: 20 Jul 2010 13:53

could the "select all" button be placed in ther planets menu?

alex1981m
# Posted: 21 Jul 2010 06:10

There are a few things that might be worth thinking of for next update.

1) decrease losses from spaceplague to around 30 or 35%. Now you lose half your colonists...and with a planet containing only 100 million colonists that goes back fast.

2) If #1 is not acceptable maybe increase the max colonists to 200 million? That way you still have a respectable number left after a space plague.

3) Add more news items. Right now it ends at 50 planets and 1.000 million colonists. We are already past that number. So I sugest adding a couple of news items.

4) like my brother said...we used to have a "Select All" button on the planets overview. With over 50 planets that is a real nice feature...please bring it back.

Gues that's it for now. Let's hunt our old friend down now...

laart
# Posted: 21 Jul 2010 15:50

Remulus you have friends in bnt? even old friends
Wonder who it is you want to hunt down

alex1981m
# Posted: 21 Jul 2010 18:36

Well...looks like my target from the past has returned...

You are asking for it my friend...you really are

david1
# Posted: 21 Jul 2010 20:39

I was thinking of altering news into some sort of "milestone award" based system... what dp ya think?

Select all is ready in new version, howevr wont be adding to this version, as theres what 3 weeks left!?!?

As for the colonist limit vs space plague issue. i did this deliberatly as this is a "fast round" i wanted to set a penalty for anyone who decided to just grow planets. As they would just win the game turtling without even bothering to attack once. It will change next round.

edwin13387
# Posted: 22 Jul 2010 07:38

lol those space plagues...

got hit by 4 only today already...
8 yesterday etc.

but its okee...

i dont remember if i asked, but the planetary transporter.
could it come back?

david1
# Posted: 22 Jul 2010 07:44

*coughs * Next round.

alex1981m
# Posted: 22 Jul 2010 08:24

Quoting: david1
I was thinking of altering news into some sort of "milestone award" based system... what dp ya think?

What do I think??? I think i have no idea what you are talking about. What is ment by the "Milestone Award" system?

david1
# Posted: 22 Jul 2010 14:07

it would give people "personal goals"

for instance, have a "Kill 10 Ships" milestone -> give user a mini award.
or "10 Trillian Colonists" milestone, which would give them an award.

This way people can have goals other then to just play the game for the sake of it.

laart
# Posted: 22 Jul 2010 15:59

Quoting: alex1981m

Well...looks like my target from the past has returned...

You are asking for it my friend...you really are

Not in that many words I didn't xD
We're here to spread love and peace and use fuzzy pink things

david1
# Posted: 22 Jul 2010 19:34

fuzzy pink things -> i remember an allience on that name lmao!

david1
# Posted: 22 Jul 2010 20:49

LOGS:

Everyone knuckle your heads together, im currently now working on logs.

For the next version. Ive allready added in sofa logs. so you can now count the sofas which took to take your planets.

Just wondering what else you would like to see appearing in your logs!

David

lzrman
# Posted: 23 Jul 2010 00:46

Pink Bunnies?

alex1981m
# Posted: 23 Jul 2010 07:54

I am afraid there is a little bug in the sofa code. Might not be a bug but just code...

As you do sofa with empty ship while there is no energy left on a planet a full salvo of torpedos is fired. This way you don't need to run back and forth to a special port, and you save a load of turns this way.

I don't know if the sofa code is intended this way, but I thought I let you know anyway.

david1
# Posted: 23 Jul 2010 13:22

>As you do sofa with empty ship while there is no energy left on a planet a full salvo of torpedos is fired. This way you don't need to run back and forth to a special port, and you save a load of turns this way.

Its a bug - Fixed it!

david1
# Posted: 25 Jul 2010 09:26

Heres a thought:

For "newbie nice" .... what would you like to see in that idea?

i.e. not allowing attack under tech level x? score x? total credits x? etc? turns used?

What? lol

laart
# Posted: 25 Jul 2010 09:47

I don't think you have to do such a thng because peeps will exploit that position for where you can't be atacked
cause scouts for high players always have low points and crappy ships no score only used turns
but if you use the newbie triggerpoint on turns you'll get those peeps that sing in trade till limit then bank every thing on IGB and won't mind that there not allowed in sol cause noone may attack them

Laart out

david1
# Posted: 25 Jul 2010 15:56

I know all of that.

Just wanted to open the discussion.

Ill cut to the chase and throw my idea out there.

Having x sectors ... (i.e. 1 - 100) -> Set to newbie nice.

What does this mean?

>Firstly Each player can only build x planets. (1 maybe 2)
>Each planet has a max credit accumulation of x amount (i.e. 1 billion)
>Planets cant be landed on or attacked or sofa'd.

Basically this would create a "safe area for new players to experiment and learn the game in).

ALTERNATIVE

Newbie Nice would be a second server. Max sectors 50 (VERY SMALL)
Server would reset itself automatically every monday.
This would allow new players to just experiment and learn different aspects of the game.

What do ya think?

David

laart
# Posted: 26 Jul 2010 21:48

Quoting: david1
ALTERNATIVE

Newbie Nice would be a second server. Max sectors 50 (VERY SMALL)
Server would reset itself automatically every monday.
This would allow new players to just experiment and learn different aspects of the game.

What do ya think?

David

sounds nice might be useful for older players as well as it just simulateds the starting week things can be tried for better starts and such if older players are allowed in newbie nice

soka
# Posted: 27 Jul 2010 16:00

I know it's a minor thing, but there is something that annoys me in Special Ports.

When I upgrade my .. say, Torpedo Launcher I have to go back and buy the additional Torpedos seperately. It's annoying and costs an additional turn.

Would it be possible to change that somehow? Make the Max-number what we will be able to add with our currently chosen level in the dropdown or something like that.

This concerns Torpedo Launchers, Computer, Armour and Hull.

david1
# Posted: 27 Jul 2010 17:28

Well this has been fundemental to the game for say ... erm... 10 years lmao.

However point well taken...
What i could do is edit the "buy" code so when you upgrade a component it automatically adds the price of the "figs/arm/torps" for that component to it and upgrades the figs/torps/arm with it?

David

soka
# Posted: 27 Jul 2010 17:35

I know it's been fundamental for as long as the game exists ... it already annoyed me back when BNT was last around OTF *lol*

But what if you don't have the money for both upgrade and full set of torpedoes?
Would it just not buy torpedoes or would that mean you can't upgrade?

soka
# Posted: 27 Jul 2010 17:39

Or you could give people the choice if they want to buy torps at the same time in the Global Trade settings, just like with what to buy when trading between special and planet... Adjust it the way you currently need it.

Oh well, it's a minor thing not worth a long discussion.

edwin13387
# Posted: 4 Aug 2010 09:55

i got the feeling i am seeing ghost ships (80% of the visitors here thought i was mentaly ill, now 100% i gues.).

when i am flying around, and use the warp links to scan, it sometimes indicates a ship present. i am the only one on than, but when i scan that sector solo it is gone. flying there has the same result.

i see dead ships

edwin13387
# Posted: 4 Aug 2010 09:56

before someone here thinks he is funny. 1 person doesn't thinks that i am, he KNOWS

alex1981m
# Posted: 4 Aug 2010 10:03

I got that sometimes too...I thought it had something to do with cloaking and sensors.

A full sector scan just gives a number...when you start scanning more precise you get the name of the ship. So that's why I thought it had something to do with sensors or something like that.

And indeed...I know.

david1
# Posted: 4 Aug 2010 11:40

sensors readings cant be taken as 100% gosbel

alex1981m
# Posted: 11 Aug 2010 14:02

Gues the game is over now...we have eliminated all true opposition.

laart
# Posted: 11 Aug 2010 15:20

:') can't even connect to the login page xD

if banned why? if not how come i can't connect

Quoting: alex1981m

Gues the game is over now...we have eliminated all true opposition.

gratz

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.016
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0