· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Star Trek 11: It's all Riker man!
dierna
# Posted: 9 Jan 2003 14:30

After reading this load of rubbish you'll realize just how...well just read it....you'll definatly get a kick out of it...*rotflmao* Somebody's imagination gone haywire....Forget the Nexus...it's the Lexus! *rotflmao*

This is from a friend of mine who got this off a mailing list:

Hi gang.

This has just been CONFIRMED by my sources at Paramount. (As you
know, I have deep rooted friends and contacts at the upper echelons of Paramount).

The news is this...Stop NOW if you do not want to read the SPOILERS.

Pre-production is underway on Episode 11, tentatively titled, "Star Trek XI: USS Titan." It centers on flashbacks, narrated by Gates McFadden, who plays an older Beverly Crusher on the maiden voyage of USS Titan, under the command of Captain Riker.

Jon Frakes is set to DIRECT AND STAR in the picture. The movie is
being co-written by Stephen Higgins and Deidra Maier, who are teaming up again.

Patrick Stewart, who one of my sources called "a pain in the a** over contract negotiations" is just cut off from the series. He and Data will play, at best, cameo roles with RECASTS or through CGI.

"We're not jumping through more hoops to satisfy these two
egomaniacs," said my friend.

It is well-known -- as I last reported to you prior to Star Trek X -- that other cast members -- in particular Gates and Levar -- have threatened to revolt over their parts being shredded for the benefit of Data and Picard. And the latest box office figures for X (its made $600,000 in the last week) only proves it in their eyes.

MORE ON THE PLOT OF XI:

The Enterprise crew of Riker, Troi, Jordan, and J. Worf, go in search of blue dilithium crystals, more powerful than any existing energy source and more enviro-friendly (liberal claptrap survives in this movie).  But the crew comes across new enemies, who live on an Ice Planet. The villain is not yet cast, but negotiations with Andy Griffiths are promising (he wowed audiences in the Leslie Neilsen spoof "Spy Hard"). The group will ultimately destroy the Titan.  The crew is presumed dead, pending box office. It's left a bit ambiguous, as there is a time travel element involved and encounter with an energy source similar to the NEXUS that leaves an out. (There was apparently a second "ribbon" out there, the LEXUS, a "hell-like place from which the enemies arrived).

The leader of this new power is "GUARANTEED" to be as memorable as
Khan in ST II, according to my source. The enemies are conceptualized as "wookie-like" in nature to attract the kids.

The only UNCONFIRMED rumor is that Scott Bakula does a cameo. (It's not a done deal, since he is set to leave "Enterprise" next season).

Beverly Crusher escapes in a pod, which is how she lives to tell the story in flashbacks.

This again is all CONFIRMED.

Since I've been on this board, more than 5 years now, I've always
provided totally reliable information. So I hope my record speaks for itself. You may remember that all the info I gave on Trek X was absoltuely true.

I'm excited about the changes, and would love to hear other's
thoughts.

Hungry now,
CeCe

(Dierna note: Ok CeCe...if this is true then...um...well frell...I'll see it just for the laughs....Wookies, Ice Planets, the Lexus, puleez!;)

rag451
# Posted: 9 Jan 2003 16:40

Here is what I have found from Trek Today:

"Star Trek X may have just started in theatres, but today the first big Star Trek XI rumor already appeared on the internet.

Earlier today, Ain't It Cool News published a report submitted by one of its visitors. The report said that Brent Spiner was interviewed on BBC Radio, and had talked about an eleventh Star Trek movie in which Data would take the limelight. The report quickly became the subject of discussion among online fans, but a spokesperson for BBC Radio informed TrekToday the rumour was untrue, and Brent Spiner had made no such statements on the radio station.

'Star Trek: Nemesis' is currently still playing in cinemas throughout the world. No news concerning 'Star Trek XI' is likely to come out for at least another few years."

I think that at this point, any rumors concerning an eleventh film should be taken with a grain of salt. The movie has pretty muchly flopped in American cinemas, and I have a feeling that international revenue won't be any better.

CL4 Robert Griffith

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.017
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0