· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Nemesis Release DVD
lzrman
# Posted: 14 Jan 2003 20:58

Whens Nemesis going to be release on DVD to American Region 1 Population?

Lzrbug!

rag451
# Posted: 19 Jan 2003 07:23

I think that everything is probably up in the air right now. In the United States, 'Nemesis' has yet to make sixty million dollars. It's been a major dissapointment to studio executives at Paramount, and it has also been a severe let-down for many die-hard fans (myself not included). At this point, I'd say that any aspirations of having a special edition DVD full of deleted scenes, commentaries, storyboards, interviews, and all of that fun stuff -- I'd say that it probably won't come anytime soon if even at all.

CL4 Robert Griffith

tovey
# Posted: 19 Jan 2003 11:40

of cpoure it wont be soon, but it will be release rick berman has all ready said, including the extended ending

new first officer and all

rag451
# Posted: 19 Jan 2003 17:14

<!--QuoteBegin--tovey+Jan. 19 2003,11:40--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (tovey @ Jan. 19 2003,11:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->of cpoure it wont be soon, but it will be release rick berman has all ready said, including the extended ending<br><br>new first officer and all<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br>But what I am saying, and do try to understand, is that because of the poor ticket revenue that the movie has generated; the studio's interest in pouring another million dollars into a special edition DVD will probably be very low. Remember, Rick Berman is not the say all end all power in Star Trek. In the end, it is Paramount who controls the purse strings, not Rick Berman.<br><br><a href="mailto:rag451@sbcglobal.net">CL4 Robert Griffith</a>

eon_blue_apocalypse
# Posted: 19 Jan 2003 21:05

Actually, Robert, I read that Paramount believes that they will get a pretty decent boost in revenue when the movie hits shelves in stores on VHS and DVD, so I would actually expect them to get this thing out pretty quickly. And, since it may not have met their expectations in theaters, they would probably want to draw as many people to the DVD as they can with special features, etc.
So I would expect the DVD to contain quite a bit of cool stuff, and I would assume it will be out sooner rather than later.

tovey
# Posted: 20 Jan 2003 09:32

Robert as giffern (hope its spelt right)
i do under stand ur point of ciew but  iwas just sayoing what rick had said,
and i thin kthe movies where poor becuas of people gettign copys in tape and doownlaidng it useing kazza
Eon Blue thanks, i knew i wasnt the only one to know about it:)

tovey
# Posted: 20 Jan 2003 10:31

Sorry Rob,
I Meant "Robert Griffith

Sorry Again

nina_janeway1
# Posted: 29 Jan 2003 04:42

What? it isn't going well for Nemesis (to make money on the tickets sold)?? Hmm I really should be reading the news sites more. *beams to www.trektoday.com*

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
Online now: Guests - 6
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0