· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / BNT Helpdesk
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 13 . 14 . >>
coranajade
# Posted: 12 Apr 2005 04:34

Need help i have 12 alliance members and someone wants to join my alliance but the system wont allow me to invite him. :? whats happening?

plugboy
# Posted: 12 Apr 2005 08:25

DS - I believe the problem is the database pull times out. Depending on your connection speed it may take longer then the time alotted to do the pull at organize it all so it times out. I am looking into splitting the map into 1000 group sectors to move back and forth through.

Corana - The system is setup so that the max players you can have in one alliance is 12. This is to help keep the alliance numbers down so you don't always get a grouping of every player in 3 alliances.

kittykat
# Posted: 14 Apr 2005 04:19

Apologies if this has been asked before.

It says that you can log out safely while landed on your planet.

Well my ship was destroyed while I was landed on my planet (got to keep my credits though).   The planet was destroyed as well

So - does the "safely" part only apply if you physically hit log out - which I don't bother doing even though every time I play I have to log in.  Or does it not apply if your planet is destroyed? Or does it simply mean people are less likely to see you if you're landed?

If anyone can explain how it applies Id be grateful :D

KK

david1
# Posted: 14 Apr 2005 05:02

When you land on a planet, your planet gains the extra protection of the ship, and the ship gets hte extra prtection of the planet, if all the planets defences where elimited (sofa'd away) then a person could risk it and attack the planet, and hope their ship is better then yours, and if it is, the planet falls, and the ship gets destroyed.

kittykat
# Posted: 14 Apr 2005 09:50

There's nothing safe about it then? :P

seele01
# Posted: 14 Apr 2005 18:21

Put it this way, you can leave your ship in space, for everyone to see and attack, or put it on a planet, where the attacker has to defeat the planet defenses to be able to attack your ship.

strongmad
# Posted: 17 Apr 2005 10:55

i was womdering... at what point does it become impossible to purchase turns?

bam_bam
# Posted: 17 Apr 2005 10:57

once you have used 2500 turns or once you have a hihger avg tech lvl of 8

raven2004
# Posted: 18 Apr 2005 09:17

Ok... I was silly enough to get myself killed off pretty early in the game after doing pretty good.  Question is... is there any way for my character's remains to finally "fall in a gravity well" so I can keep playing this round or do I have to wait until the next round to have a character to play again?
Thanks for any info!

david1
# Posted: 19 Apr 2005 03:55

If you wernt important enough to get cloned by the federation, then you will have to wait until next round.

I THINK ... (this might not be the actual reason .. lol)

I think that your only allowed to play the game once a round, and not be able to re-start, because if you have a planet with 1 billion credits on it, then you could kill yourself off, and then re-start the game, get the credits, and with the new 2500 turns, build up more money, put it away, kill yourself, and then restart and get even more money, you see it makes it easier to cheat if you where allowed to restart from the beginning.

Only my thoughts anyway!

David

kittykat
# Posted: 28 Apr 2005 08:19

How does the whole good/evil rating work?  Im asking because Mongoose who has the highest good rating also has the most kills
and the person who destroyed me is also fairly high in the good ratings .

KK

david1
# Posted: 29 Apr 2005 01:49

Personally i think the good/evil rating is messed up to, like attacking and capturing a planet is a good thing, well my good rating goes up evey time i do such, and yet attacking ship is a bad thing, however doing good gets you more good points then doing bad, so mongoose might be atacking a load of ships, however he could be capturing a load of planets, therfore cancelling it out, and going up!

egmond1981
# Posted: 29 Apr 2005 12:56

As far as I know it is about who you attack.
If you attack a planet owned by a player with a very high good-rating your evil rating will rise a bit or your good-rating drops.
But if the owner of the planet has a high evil-rating it is the other way around.

Attacking a ship works the same, but with way higher amounds of points...

kittykat
# Posted: 29 Apr 2005 15:10

Well I certainly wasn't evil

Ah well thats me done for the next while anyhow.

KK

strongmad
# Posted: 29 Apr 2005 15:25

When i hit the planets button at the top of my screen to change prod. levels, it won't let me change my stuff over 100% on my planets with mines, or if i try to change an other planets production it automaticly sets my mine planets back to default. is this intentional?

-Me

xpanding_con
# Posted: 19 May 2005 08:17

Plugboy please read my emails
I need my validation code resending.
Cheers
XP

mmmtoast
# Posted: 23 May 2005 14:23

How do you go about attaining ownership of a sector, or can you do that?

bam_bam
# Posted: 23 May 2005 14:56

you need to have at least 3 planets in the sector with bases on them.

david1
# Posted: 24 May 2005 03:25

hey i clicked on
Change Icon (on the allience page)

... and think its linked to wrong page, either way it came up with

Sucker :P

Click here to go back to the Alliances Menu.

NOTE: If you want to join an alliance, send a message to its co-ordinator asking to be invited.

strongmad
# Posted: 25 May 2005 18:40

this probably was already asked so i'm sorry if this is getting repetitive but i was wondering what is the difference between the Race Scores (top of the rankings page) and the alliance scores (bottem of the rankings page).   the scores are way different then eachother so i was wondering

~Braveheart~

whitty14
# Posted: 26 May 2005 00:25

the scores at the top of the rankings are all the scores of the alliance players added up but the scores at the bottom are all the scores added up and then divided by the number of players. That answer your question?
~Whitty

strongmad
# Posted: 26 May 2005 04:46

ya, but i got another...   one of my planets has been hit by 3 space plagues and a plasma storm within the last three days... is there anyway to avoid these?

Braveheart

david1
# Posted: 26 May 2005 08:49

<!--QuoteBegin--strongmad+May 26 2005,04:46--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (strongmad @ May 26 2005,04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->ya, but i got another...   one of my planets has been hit by 3 space plagues and a plasma storm within the last three days... is there anyway to avoid these?<br><br>Braveheart<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br>Only a certain percentage of players in the game have  lot of planets, and because there is fewer planets in the game, the chance it will get hit by a space plague is much higher, then when there is loads of planets in the game! ... you just have to be carefull and wait for more planets to create more planets to even things out!<br><br>Unless they have changed that bit of code? but i guess there would have been some mention if they did!

lupus
# Posted: 2 Jun 2005 07:38

hey guys, whats going on @ the mo. I thought i would sign up, have a poodle round the universe, pillage, plunder and stuff, and then get myself killed... but it wont let me!!!

crazy_voyager
# Posted: 3 Jun 2005 03:07

you can't sign up cause this is a tournament round. Only a certain number of players is allowed, if you want to know more I suggest you mail plugboy

lupus
# Posted: 3 Jun 2005 03:37

ahhh, well tornament = serious.
Ha! Me serious @ BNT. Not Likely!

thrash
# Posted: 11 Jun 2005 08:33

help my ship is stuck. the game keeps saying you havent completed your last move and wont let me do anything

bam_bam
# Posted: 12 Jun 2005 09:23

Did you move when you were landed on a planet.

thrash
# Posted: 12 Jun 2005 11:19

no i real spaced to a sectore and never made it. it just keeps saying you havent finished your last move yet. any idears? i have been told that it has happend before but the plugboy is the one that normaly sorts it?

what should i do?

lone_bard
# Posted: 13 Jun 2005 08:29

I've been having problems with one planet running out of organics. I'm sure it had over 4 million organics and close to 200mil col, and then the next day there wasnt any organics, and my production rate was set for 11. So I raised it to 12, added a million organics myself and waited. Later on that day every organic was gone again. So I raised the production to 15 and left it over night (after I had restocked the planet) and again, the next morning. No organics.

This started last week, and yesterday it seems to have started on several other planets in that sector. Whats happening?

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . 10 ... 13 . 14 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.030
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0