· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / A wee bit o trek trivia!
dierna
# Posted: 28 Jan 2003 12:48

Found this on trektoday.com *L*

In 'Star Trek: First Contact,' the Borg's "eye flashes are actually Morse code, spelling out the names of the cast and crew,"* according to the Beacon Journal.

"You will be assimilated" dotdotdotdot... Patrick Stewart.... "Resistance is futile" dotdotdotdotdot... Michael Dorn....  :D

rag451
# Posted: 28 Jan 2003 16:33

I had heard that before, but had forgotten about it. There are all sorts of little tricks and things that happen right in front of you, yet you never really notice them. If ever you watch an episode of the original 'Star Trek', notice that you never see the right side of the ship. This is because the model was propped up by wires and poles that came out from that one side, thus making it impossible to photograph from that angle. In 'The Next Generation', the model for the Enterprise actually went through a major revision between seasons (four and five, if I remember right) -- the first model was taken out, and a smaller-scale, more detailed version was put in place.

CL4 Robert Griffith

JediSkywalker
# Posted: 28 Jan 2003 16:35

Thats interesting

~Jaina Skywalker~ :k

seele01
# Posted: 30 Jan 2003 05:15

When they made Generations, they had to get the old 6 ft model of the Enterprise as that was the only one that had a saucer separation.  

It also had to have each window swtiched on from the inside.

And for people who didn't notice, the plaque on the USS Sao Paolo (might not be correct spelling) later reanmed USS Defiant, had the names of the crew on it, starting with Admiral Gene Roddenbery.

thats it for now, if i think up others i'll be sure to post 'em.

SEELE 01

rag451
# Posted: 31 Jan 2003 19:33

<!--QuoteBegin--seele01+Jan. 30 2003,05:15--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (seele01 @ Jan. 30 2003,05:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->When they made Generations, they had to get the old 6 ft model of the Enterprise as that was the only one that had a saucer separation.  <br><br>It also had to have each window swtiched on from the inside.<br><br>And for people who didn't notice, the plaque on the USS Sao Paolo (might not be correct spelling) later reanmed USS Defiant, had the names of the crew on it, starting with Admiral Gene Roddenbery.<br><br>thats it for now, if i think up others i'll be sure to post 'em.<br><br>SEELE 01<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br>Each ship's plaque, from <i>The Next Generation</i> onward has had much the same plaque crew, featuring Gene Roddenberry as Fleet Admiral, then Rick Berman onward.<br><br><a href="mailto:rag451@sbcglobal.net">CL4 Robert Griffith</a>

tovey
# Posted: 1 Feb 2003 03:40

Yes i read that baut the code for the cast, ill look out for it next time i watch it:)

seele01
# Posted: 1 Feb 2003 06:42

<!--QuoteBegin--rag451+Jan. 31 2003,19:33--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td><b>Quote</b> (rag451 @ Jan. 31 2003,19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><!--QuoteEBegin-->Each ship's plaque, from <i>The Next Generation</i> onward has had much the same plaque crew, featuring Gene Roddenberry as Fleet Admiral, then Rick Berman onward.<br><br><a href="mailto:rag451@sbcglobal.net">CL4 Robert Griffith</a><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><br>i know they do, but this so far has been the only one that i can read off the screen.  Usually those little in-jokes are unreadable to the naked eye.<br><br>Still haven't thought up much more.<br><br>SEELE 01

skull_leader
# Posted: 1 Feb 2003 21:57

Michael Okuda and the Art Department were VERY fond of in jokes and refs to SF movies & television.

For instance, somewhere in Main Engineering on the Enterprise-D is a control marked "Infinite Improbability Drive." And several of the dedication plaques reference that certain components of Starfleet's vessels are assembled at Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems. :D

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.031
Online now: Guests - 3
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0