· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Stephen King's "Dark Tower" Books
rabid_tribble
# Posted: 20 Sep 2004 03:02

This thread is dedicated to discussions of Stephen King's popular Dark Tower horror/fantasy saga.

I started reading those books, beginning with The Gunslinger when  I was a 18. I was instantly enthralled by this dreamlike fantasy tale, which has it all-----horror, fantasy, science fiction, adventure, western, and drama. I've since read The Drawing of the Three, The wastelands, and Wizard and Glass all in order over the years, as each new volume came out.

I still haven't read the brand new books, which are now being released-------books V, VI and VII. Book VII (The Dark Tower), soon to be released, will be the closing chapter in this decades old saga, that Stephen King started to write when he was a mere kid.

So, here it is! In this thread, you can discuss with other fans of the books all the things you love about the books, and speculate on what will happen in the final installment, and how the saga will end.

RT

missmaul
# Posted: 20 Oct 2004 09:51

I love these series. I'm currently reading the last book and I think it's really good.
The only book I didn't like as much as the others was Wizard and Glass, I found it a bit long-winded. Maybe if I re-read, now knowing what happens after it, I'll appreciate it more.
I definitely plan to re-read the whole serie.
And I also hear they are thinking of making a movie out of the first book. Sounds very difficult to me.

MM

justinviskoc
# Posted: 14 Mar 2005 23:07

I've got this series on my TBR list.. however, simply because of the mere size of the whole thing, I'm pondering giving it the exit. Will have to give it a stab and see for myself. :)

candyshop
# Posted: 18 Mar 2005 09:10

I have read this series of books all of them and the short stories that is included in "Everything's Eventual"  It's probably one of King's best works.  

I personally considered "Wizard and Glass" to be my least favorite when I read the series straight through because I found it wavered from the story I wanted to hear about and digressed a great deal, but reading it again later, I enjoyed learning more about Sai Roland and why he was on his quest...

The last book is good, very suspenseful and I reccomend this series to everyone.

jaquaia
# Posted: 7 Apr 2006 09:33

I was bought Wizard and Glass for my 18th, managed to pick up Wolves of the Calla quite cheaply recently too, in two minds whether to buy the first 3 though as I currently have The Lord of the Rings to read. Are they any good? I've read one of Stephen Kings fantasy novels before and really enjoyed it.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.035
Online now: Guests - 1
Members - 0
Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
Guests - 215 / Members - 0