· Outpost 10F · Forums · Reply · Statistics · Search ·
Outpost 10F Forums / Archived Topics / Worst Case Scenerio
. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . >>
deanna
# Posted: 7 Mar 2005 07:14

Post a question that only has two possible choices, the next person to post, has to pick one of those choices (no bailing out) and then they post a "what if" question.

Very Simple Really.....

Q: If someone came up to you and a total stranger and threatened to kill one of you, would you hope they shoot the other person or beg them to take you?

sg8472
# Posted: 7 Mar 2005 07:35

I think it would depend on who I was with, but let's say it was someone I cared about I'd beg.... prolly ;) :k *l*

Anyway, my answer is the beg option.

Q: If you had the choice between being poor, but finding true happiness and love, or being rich beyond belief, but forever alone... which would you choose?

anthony_zuk
# Posted: 7 Mar 2005 08:54

Call me shallow but I'd go for the money. Like the 24th rule of acquisition says:

"Money can't buy you happiness but you can sure have a blast renting it"

Ergo I'd rather have bulding wallet and a nice house than a rumbling stomach and someone to share it with.

Having said that I've just broken up with someone so I'm probably a bit biased :P

Anyway my question is:

"Two girls both love you, you love them both equally. One has the looks but not the personality and the other is the opposite, which one do you choose?

dan_atherden
# Posted: 7 Mar 2005 10:41

Ugly and Fun or Fine and Boring?

I think id go for fine and boring because that way at least i can brag n say i sleep with that every night  ;)  

Q:If you learned that there actually was a heaven and a hell would you change your life to being completely un-sinful (that means not getting drunk,no drugs, no swearing, no blasphemy etc and going to church every week until the day you die) or would you stay as you are now?

*if you really dont sin at all then this question doesnt apply to you*  :?

rpmobsession
# Posted: 7 Mar 2005 15:25

If I learned that there really is Heaven and Hell, they are both how everyone thinks of them, and there is only one way to get to Heaven and that is by doing good, then yes, I would change. You'd be stupid not to. :P

Q: If you had two goregous people after you, one is your perfect soul mate but has Aids, and the other is just something you could settle for....and you HAD to choose one of them to spend the rest of your life with, would you choose Aids man or settlement Dude? :P

-RPMObsession

nobbe
# Posted: 7 Mar 2005 21:02

For me, it's no contest. I would date the AIDS guy.  I suppose being in the gay community and seeing how couples work so well with only half of the relationship being positive and the other constantly remaining negative, it's not a big deal.

Choose one:
A) True Love
B) Financial Security
C) To go on your dream vacation
D) Have 10,000,000 dollars that you have to spend in 72 hours and not have a thing to show for it.

janeway_riker
# Posted: 8 Mar 2005 06:19

I would choose Financial Security, because I have been unemployed for 3 1/2 yrs. with very little money. If I was financially secure, I could buy what I wanted when I wanted to buy it, and do what I wanted to do. I hate having to struggle. I am now attempting to sell AVON. I get my first orders delivered this week.

This is really 2 questions in one. If money was no object, In a Big City or Small Town? You would live in which of following
A) Appartment
B) Condo
C) House

Kathryn Janeway-Riker

kittykat
# Posted: 8 Mar 2005 10:48

A) Apartment :) Just me and I don't need a lot of space...

OKay

Your friend is dating someone who you just don't get on with and your friend knows it.  You find out the boy/girlfriend has been cheating on your friend do you
A) tell your friend what's going on and risk you friendship
B) Keep your nose out of it and leave them in the dark, until they find out for themselves.

KK

richard
# Posted: 8 Mar 2005 13:23

No doubt. I'd tell.  Not just because I don't like the other person, but if you don't tell your friend and he/she finds out that you have known all along, there's a great chance you'll lose your friend anyway.

okay... a question triggered by reality. A choice many people in Southeast Asia had to make Boxingday 2004.....

A tidalwave floods the coastal town you're visiting with your partner and your child. You can only save one of them. Who do you choose? (and no, no can't sacrifice yourself to save both of them)

xemxija
# Posted: 8 Mar 2005 13:31

My child. Without a doubt. Any parent can understand that I think, I'd also hope my partner would do the same if he was in the same position.

If you had to choose between having a small country being bombed to bits, or never speaking to your family again. What would you choose?

crazytexan
# Posted: 8 Mar 2005 13:46

Well that's like comparing apples to oranges... :v This is something which I doubt would never be a scenario, but seeing how both situations suck, I would put the needs of the many over the needs of the few, or the individual. Save those from being bombed then. I'm sure my family would come around eventually... if not, oh well.

:v

Anyway, how about something not so gloomy... If you had to choose paper or plastic bags at the grocery store to place your items in, what would you prefer? :P

kali
# Posted: 8 Mar 2005 14:49

Paper - safer for cats and small children, and ecologically friendly :)

If you could have a piece of cold pizza, or a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, which would you choose?

babel
# Posted: 8 Mar 2005 15:03

Pizza. Easy. Peanut butter is horrible . . even if it wasn't I'd still choose pizza. Make it a bacon buttie and I'd go with that? ;)

Run a marathon or listen to 24 hours solid Britney Spears?

teekay
# Posted: 8 Mar 2005 15:39

Now that's what I would call a "worst case scenario" to give anyone nightmares. *shivers*

deanna
# Posted: 8 Mar 2005 16:23

I'd have to see listen to Britney...you all don't know how very much I hate running, let alone enduring a marathon! *lol*

You have to choose....
Help your elderly Grandma/Grandpa pass on to the next life -or- Help your teenage daughter with an abortion.

:k
~K (yeah ok I know I'm being evil now *L*)

jpicard
# Posted: 8 Mar 2005 17:54

Babel: Two marathons

Well I'd say the abortion. I'm more pro-life, but given the choice... (Teenaged was the kicker. Had it been my 32 year old daughter, it might have been different)

Q: Would you chose a computer with AOL software ONLY, or no computer at all?
(This is evil)

janeway_riker
# Posted: 9 Mar 2005 12:47

I would choose no computer at all. I know many people who have used AOL, and say it sucks.

If your parents were elderly, would you

A) Put them in a nursing home
B) Care for them in your home till the end
Please explain your answer

Kathryn Janeway-Riker

rpmobsession
# Posted: 9 Mar 2005 14:06

Real quick....AOL. I'm in that situation and gone without the computer. AOL isn't half bad from the get-go but being away from a computer, and then suddenly getting one with only AOL still is a COMPUTER. :P

And now to the real question...

Nursing home because by the time my mother is around nursing home age, my kids will be going out to college and (hopefully) leaving home. It'll be around the time I can finally settle down with my husband, so why would I want to mess that up with bringing my mother into my relaxation!? :P

Scenerio: You could either go back in time to stop/prevent a historical disaster (can be anything depending on what you think was a historical disaster), or you could go to the future to learn about a historical disaster that would be happening and prevent that instead...which one do you choose?

-RPMObsession

stav219
# Posted: 9 Mar 2005 15:52

Given the choice, I'd go into the future and prevent an event that's yet to happen, simply because if you go back you'd be changing everything. Who knows, you may do something which would ultimately prevent your own birth... Of course, if that were to happen, you wouldn't exist in the 'now' to be able to go back and change things, thus not preventing your own birth, and so it goes on... Paradoxical, man. :?

If someone asked you to either blind your fellow chatters with a garish magenta font or put a kitten in a blender, what would you do? :)

michiel
# Posted: 9 Mar 2005 16:07

Kitten in the blender, 100% certain of that. The other option's just too cruel.

If you had to choose between a) having an elbow removed and turning your upper and lower arm into one, hugely long bone or, b) having a knee removed and turning your upper and lower leg into one enormously long bone, which would it be? :|

~michiel

EDIT: Usual typo removal. :|

stav219
# Posted: 9 Mar 2005 17:07

Uhm.. avoiding the obligatory 'how many enormously long bones do you need down there? :?' jokes, I'd have to say elbow... Just because, really *l* I just can't think of a clean reply. :(

If someone were to deprive you of all but one of your senses, which of the following would you keep:

• Sight,
  • Smell,
  • Hearing,
  • Touch,
  • or Taste?

• jpicard
    # Posted: 9 Mar 2005 18:48

Sight; I can't leave my computer. I don't really need the rest to use the computer. *Tapes uber-nerd sign to head*

Q: If someone offered you 2 million dollars (or an equivilant amout of euros) for your home and everything on it, which you have many sentimental items in your home that have been in your family for generations, and offered you a new home of greater monetary value than your current one, would you sell?

(Note: I think this may end up reading a little confusing, so read carefully =P)

christena
    # Posted: 9 Mar 2005 20:35

I would sell in a heartbeat.. most of my sentimental things were ruined in a basement flood a few years ago.. so no biggy really

a way to start anew and create more memories....

okies...
    If you had a  best friend that you truly loved but that friend was on drugs and you disagreed with this person doing that.. If you knew the only way for that person  to get help was to be busted..would you turn them in? this is your VERY best friend in the world... it could make them hate you forever or be grateful..you never know..
    What would you choose?

nobbe
    # Posted: 9 Mar 2005 23:34

If it was bad enough that they were about to kill themselves from ODing or something similar, I'd bust them to keep them alive. Generally, I take the hands off policy for drugs myself and I don't tell people what to do with their lives, but, putting it to the most extreme life and death OD/Bust situation, I'd bust just so that they could stay alive and enjoy the rest of their life.

Computers:
    PC/Mac and Desktop/Laptop? Why?

sidne
    # Posted: 9 Mar 2005 23:49

PC, laptop. cuz, I'd get a system that's compatible with like all known computer things and I could take it wherever.

Ok...if you could only wear one type of jewlery for the rest of your life, which would you pick: silver or gold? Why?

missmaul
    # Posted: 10 Mar 2005 00:05

Silver, coz I think it's prettier and more stylish than gold.

If you could only get either one which would you take: contacts or glasses?

richard
    # Posted: 10 Mar 2005 05:18

Glasses. Period.

I'm weird. I can see an amputation, autopsy, open heart or brain surgery and I'm cool with all that.
    Watching someone else poking in their eyes to put in or remove contacts tho almost makes me pass out. And that's just watching others. Let alone doing it myself.....

Now..... SUV or sportscar, and why?

janeway_riker
    # Posted: 10 Mar 2005 05:31

I don't drive, or own a car, but if I did, I would choose a sportscar. They are stylish. An SUV is only  practical.

If you could afford to live anywhere in the world you would live in
    A) North America
    B) South America
    C) Europe
    D) Asia
    E) Australasia
    Why would you live there?

Kathryn Janeway-Riker

stav219
    # Posted: 10 Mar 2005 10:21

North America, without even a second thought. Why? *l* because the one person I love more than anything else in the world lives there, that's why.

... AMD or Intel?

deanna
    # Posted: 10 Mar 2005 11:00

Mr. Evil Badnasty says:
    You can answer with "Dave told me to say AMD"  

:k

Q: We're going to push "asking you" right out the door with this question : If you were stuck on a desserted island and could only have one other person with you for possibly ever, would you choose PV and Tin? And please...tell us why! :k

. 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . 7 . 8 . 9 . >>
    Your reply
    Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link     :) ;) :P :( :K :D :D ... Disable smileys

» Username  » Password 
    Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message.

Page loading time (secs): 0.021
    Online now: Guests - 1
    Members - 0
    Most users ever online: 215 [30 Aug 2017 14:12]
    Guests - 215 / Members - 0